Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your all-time favorite song!

What's yours?

I love all kindsa music... Hawaiian, Rock, Jazz, Classical, et al...

But my favorite out of all is Pink Floyd's "Great Gig in the Sky"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXkVpifmxUg

Sung by Claire Torry. What a voice!!!
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clare_Torry
    Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Re: Your all-time favorite song!

I absolutely can't do it! I can't name one favorite song that is above all. I think I can narrow it to ten favs, but that's as good as I can do. Some songs move me to my very soul, some trip my trigger, some get me on my feet Jazzercise style, and some can cause moist eyes to my almost stoic self.
    Stop being lost in thought where our problems thrive.~

Comment

From 1960, Percy Faith's 'Theme From A Summer Place' because of the beautiful interplay of my two favorite instruments, the violin and the piano. I never tire of hearing this version, just love it!

Comment

I'll Always Love You - by Michael Johnson (Bluer than Blue fame)...(1979)

big/cult hit in certain areas of the world...and on youtube.com

Comment

I just can't do it!! And plus I think this changes with age, mood, seasons, because my hair is blonder during a recent highlight job... I just can't do it.

I'm a huge fan of music... Hawaiian and not.... You should have seen the list I gave to my DJ for our wedding reception 2 years ago. LOL; we sat with him to sample some stuff he hadn't heard before (like the Hawaiian...) and he was impressed with all the genre's I like.

I can't even choose a favorite Hawaiian song I like! For instance, was listening to KINE yesterday morning while cleaning house and I was like "oooh that's my song"... next song comes on "ooooh that's my song".... lol.
          ~Aloha! Christina~
          Greek by heritage, Australian by birth, American by chance, Hawaiian at heart.

Comment

I have to agree that to pick only one song as a favorite is an impossible thing to do, as I and most people have many favorites and that they change over time.\

Just looking at the raw data from my iTunes music collection, based on the number of times a song is played, my top 10 favorites out of the 12,400+ songs in my music library would include these:

Phantom Limb - The Shins - 79
            Into The Ocean - Blue October - 72
            Crazy - Gnarls Barkley - 72
            The Sweet Escape - Gwen Stefani - 69
            Let It Be - The Beatles - 65
            Love In A Trashcan - The Raveonettes - 65
            Yours to Keep (Featuring Neneh Cherry) - Teddybears - 62
            Here It Goes Again - OK Go - 54
            Daniel - Elton John - 53
            Smile (Radio Edit) - Lily Allen - 53

The numbers at the end of each line indicate the number of times these songs were played since iTunes was reset in June 2006 after my hard drive crashed and was replaced.

Of course some of the songs that I played many times, I hardly play today.

However just going by this and choosing songs based on their longevity as being personal favorites, I would probably go with (for now) "Let It Be" by The Beatles and "Daniel" by Elton John as they are the 2 longtime oldies that I consistently play over and over. At least those are my favorites for now.

And this doesn't account for the times I play songs on record, cassette or CD... yes, I still use all these other formats.
            I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

I have so many, but one that comes to mind right now is Let's Stay Together by Al Greene. I get weak in the knees when I hear it.

Comment

Mel, good for you! (the using cassette, record and whatever you possibly can to give yourself a huge array of sounds) My car's cassette broke and dangit, I Miss using it but it's okay cuz KSSK radio is invaluable for pure road info.

Lanikaibabe, favs just among Hawaiian music of mine are Bruddah Iz, Over the Rainbow and every song on Na Leo's Colours CD! Oh man, I have three of their CDs but reach for that one every time! also, if I have a set of speakers or anyone's sound system that I want to hear th quality of their system, I use Na Leo's Colours because that is hands down the BEST CD recording for quality of the equipment that I have ever heard and have had a couple of people I mentioned this to, agree. In fact, I never have taken the time to find out what other music was recorded in the exact same place on the same hardware cuz it would pay to maybe have some of it.

PS!! finally, as of today we have country music in FM, here on island! Caught it in my car at like three minutes after midnight, and woo hoo is it a nice change and welcome, at 97.5 FM.
                Stop being lost in thought where our problems thrive.~

Comment

Originally posted by nikki View Post
                  I have so many, but one that comes to mind right now is Let's Stay Together by Al Greene. I get weak in the knees when I hear it.
                  Excellent choice!

Comment

Originally posted by Karen View Post
                    I absolutely can't do it! I can't name one favorite song that is above all. I think I can narrow it to ten favs, but that's as good as I can do. Some songs move me to my very soul, some trip my trigger, some get me on my feet Jazzercise style, and some can cause moist eyes to my almost stoic self.
                    Same here!

'Alika
                    'Alika

Comment

Songbird - Fleetwood Mac (Christine McVie)

It's just one of those songs that I'll always stop to listen to, no matter what I'm doing.

DD
                      www.myspace.com/chrislunainstrumentals

Comment

My #1 fave has remained the same for over 30 years..."Feel Like Making Love" recorded by Bob James or Roberta Flack or Bobby Lyle or Izit. Like 'em all!

That's one tough song to request when in a jazz club, tho'...for obvious reasons!

Comment

Originally posted by nikki View Post
                          Oh I must agree on this; just love this song. It's on my "list" of favorite songs.
                          ~Aloha! Christina~

Comment

Originally posted by Karen View Post
                            Lanikaibabe, favs just among Hawaiian music of mine are Bruddah Iz, Over the Rainbow and every song on Na Leo's Colours CD! Oh man, I have three of their CDs but reach for that one every time!
                            Ah yes... excellent choice. Of course I love Isreal's music and have quite a few of his recordings in my collection. Na Leo is great and must agree about Colours! Fabulous recording -- actually I must listen to it again as it's been awhile.

Hubby and I got to see Na Leo in New York City almost 2 years ago... and less than one month after we got married. It was such a treat and we have a nice group shot of all us taken. We danced our first dance to "The rest of your life" -- let's just say that a) I made my dj cry when he first heard it b) my husband cried when he first heard it c) everyone at the reception was like "oh man, THAT song had me crying!" d) and it had never been done before (in my social circle anyway). So imagine the treat we had when they were coming here just a few weeks after we got married (and returned from our honeymoon in Hawaii). I told the ladies the story of how their song was so special.

They put one one GREAT show; even hubby -- who is Mr. Alternative appreciated it. He doesn't share my love of Hawaiian music; but it's ok.
                            ~Aloha! Christina~

Comment

theres too many favorites.. but one of my ALL time fave is Sean Na'auaos Fish and Poi.. its so catchy and everyone knows it.. and once when this haole guy wanted to hear a song thats we think is hawaiian.. everyone just said Fish and Poi.. the best food song ever..

Comment

Working...
                              X