Sharing digital photos - F2F

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sharing digital photos - F2F

By the way roughly how many people attend these events and is there any sort of equipment available to use, like a portable movie screen, big screen TV, projector or a LCD monitor?

Comment

Originally posted by helen View Post
      By the way roughly how many people attend these events and is there any sort of equipment available to use, like a portable movie screen, big screen TV, projector or a LCD monitor?
      Quite a few, but I'm trying to keep this as just some groups of people at a time, and not do a big production (screen, projector, etc.). Plus, I'm trying to keep this as showing off what I've done, and not be the official photographer of the group.

The digital picture frame or DVD player was what I hand in mind but found technical issues with both approaches. I guess I'll have to see if I can work those kinks out.

I posted here to see what others were doing and if I was overlooking a better solution.

Comment

Just to follow-up. In going though the demo units at CompUSA, I found that while the DVD players were the size, portability and battery power I wanted, they all sucked at displaying photos. Many distorted the aspect ratio. The "M" brand tended to distort colors. None were as good as the digital picture frame. (Moving images covers a lot of display issues.)

The picture frames did OK, although all of them seem to struggle with the 5MP photos I was using as a sample. I'm sure if I downsized the photos, it would run much faster. But the big issue there is no battery power option. The one unit that had markings for it's power requirement was 12V, 2A. That's a bit much for hand-held battery power. That might be under max draw. No idea what the average power consumption is.

I'm afraid what I seek isn't available at the price point I want yet. Maybe in a few years. In the meantime, I need to check a few more stores.

Comment

For a couple of years I have been putting all my photos up on Flickr. I love that it stores hi-res pics (I have pro subscription). You can make the photos public or private.

I recently got a Vista laptop. I have been playing with the media center features. Nice for slideshows of pictures on your harddrive. You can also show off online photos--but only yahoo photos and aol photos. Would be nice if they made a Flickr plugin. I understand a third party is making a plugin to sell.

Comment

Working...
          X