X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Pet Peeve of the Day - Chapter 2

Originally posted by skeeterbess View Post
    But tell that to the guys who install, rotate and service my tires.
    You might want to watch them when they put on your tires. See what kind of tool they use. If it's not a torque wrench, or something that has a setting, go find some place else. They aren't a quality shop.

Comment

Am at the boy's house in Kapalama. Stupid people lighting sparkler bombs or whatever makes that loud KA-BOOM!

It's like Beirut.

Going to take a Benadryl tonight so I can actually get some zzzzzzzz...
      Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
      We're not here to mess around
      Boston, you know we love you madly
      Hear the crowd roar to your sound
      Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
      You know we couldn't live without you
      Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

Originally posted by GeckoGeek View Post
        You might want to watch them when they put on your tires. See what kind of tool they use. If it's not a torque wrench, or something that has a setting, go find some place else. They aren't a quality shop.
        In a perfect world, lug nuts are torqued on to the correct ft/lbs. In the real world when it's raining and even a universal cross bar gets mighty slippery when attempting to loosen an impacted lug nut, a battery powered impact wrench is a god send, ditto on the motorized scissors jack.

I've had my share of sore knuckles and wrists when my grip slips from those shiny chrome plated lug wrenches and I punch the pavement. The pain...the rain...oh man it's like an episode from the incredable Hulk. Plus in my "getting up there in years" age having a bit of powered help comes in handy.

Fix a Flat is a nice remedy for that moment but that moment in haste amounts to dollars in waste when you have to replace that tire on that rim.

Oh and for you Liberty Mutual customers, if you take advantage of their roadside emergency plan, remember every time you call for a tow or any roadside emergency, it's considered a claim, and we all know once you file a claim with your insurance carrier...rates go up.
        Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

So where did you find these 12V powered tools?

Comment

Checker Automotive for the crap stuff or that mail order catalog Heartland

This is one neat catalog for people that like to buy stuff.
            Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
              Checker Automotive for the crap stuff or that mail order catalog Heartland

This is one neat catalog for people that like to buy stuff.
              I like to buy stuff. I'd be better off without the temptation of sites like that, though!

That's a pretty nifty wrench, especially for someone like me with joint problems. I should probaby get one and keep it in my car, ya think? I could do that without looking at all the other nifty stuff in the catalog ... I think. Well, maybe. Or ... um ... maybe not. They really do have some very tempting stuff.
              Bloggin my way to the big time

http://skeetsstuff.skeeterbess.com/

Comment

I get a letter from my bank (FHB) saying they "noticed" that I have both an ATM card and a Debit card - so they'll cancel my ATM card. I don't use the debit card and I refuse to use it. I never asked for the Debit card. It's all a tactic to get to to use their Debit card.

One nasty-gram, coming up....

Comment

I get a letter from my bank (FHB) saying they "noticed" that I have both an ATM card and a Debit card - so they'll cancel my ATM card. I don't use the debit card and I refuse to use it. I never asked for the Debit card. It's all a tactic to get to to use their Debit card.

One nasty-gram, coming up....
                  Most debit cards function as an ATM card as well. Maybe FHB was simply implying that? You can just use your debit card as the ATM card and never use it for debit purchases. Of course, not knowing your details, maybe that's not the case here.

Comment

Originally posted by joshuatree View Post
                    Most debit cards function as an ATM card as well. Maybe FHB was simply implying that? You can just use your debit card as the ATM card and never use it for debit purchases. Of course, not knowing your details, maybe that's not the case here.
                    My debit card with CPB also acts as a credit and ATM card. I never use it as a debit card as I want the purchase protection of a credit card. The only difference at the check out counter is I have to sign for a credit card purchase.

Comment

Originally posted by joshuatree View Post
                      Most debit cards function as an ATM card as well. Maybe FHB was simply implying that? You can just use your debit card as the ATM card and never use it for debit purchases.
                      Yes, I can use my debit card as a ATM card, but that's not the point. I don't want a debit card connected to my checking account which is my primary operating account. Debit cards carry some ugly risks that I'm not willing to accept. If a crook gets a hold of my info, he can drain the account - and I'll have NO money until I can get the bank to straighten that out. If a crook goes after my credit card, I just don't pay the bill until it gets fixed.

What's more, a crook doesn't even have to get a hold of my card, they can just guess numbers at random and see what works.

ATM cards are much safer. They require a PIN and have a daily limit.

It turns out it wasn't a big deal to fix. A quick phone call got it done. But it still irks me the tactics they used to try and get me on their darn card.

Comment

Today's pet peeve is a double decker.

1. It really grinds my gears when cops hired to direct traffic around construction sites instead stand around and gawk at the heavy machinery. Many times have I driven through the intersection of Liliha & Kuakini to find myself flung into an anarchistic game of Chicken. I wonder how much the officers were getting paid to face their backsides to traffic.

2. And to the cop in the G35 sedan at the intersection of Kaimuki and 10th yesterday morning: Can you at least slow down at friggin stop signs?! This numbnut was a fraction of a second and a few feet off from sideswiping me as I puttered down Kaimuki Ave. His bubble wasn't lit and he was motoring through the stop like it wasn't even there. Thankfully, he saw me and slammed on his brakes at the last second.

But before anyone gets on my case about having it in for cops, please note that I have both friends and relatives in HPD. The majority of the department actually does a fine job. But no one gets a pass just because of what they do or who they are, at least not from me.
                        "If it's brown, it's cooked. If it's black, it's f***ed" - G. Ramsey

Comment

Yes, I can use my debit card as a ATM card, but that's not the point. I don't want a debit card connected to my checking account which is my primary operating account.
                          I'm with you 100%. Wells Fargo has sent me a debit card several times to replace my ATM card and I've refused it for the exact reasons you mention. I cut them up and call them to ensure that they send me an ATM-only card and that no debit card is associated with my account.

Do not need to have a direct pipeline to my funds to be such a "convenience" for myself, much less anyone else.

Comment

The main drain in my condo backed up, causing a gross overfill of rancid water in my bathtub. Bleck!

It took blood, sweat and tears of dedicated work from Sean of Roto Rooter over 3 hours trying to snake it, finally resorting to removing the toilet to get to the main drain. Just a mess.

Fortunately things are back to normal after paying over $300 for him to clear it.

I highly endorse Roto Rooter. Good people work for them.
                            sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai View Post
                              The main drain in my condo backed up, causing a gross overfill of rancid water in my bathtub. Bleck!

It took blood, sweat and tears of dedicated work from Sean of Roto Rooter over 3 hours trying to snake it, finally resorting to removing the toilet to get to the main drain. Just a mess.

Fortunately things are back to normal after paying over $300 for him to clear it.

I highly endorse Roto Rooter. Good people work for them.
                              The main drain? Reimbursable by the association, I hope.

Be glad you aren't living under unethical "rules" that don't allow a contractor on the premises for an emergency on a Sunday. I had backed up water flowing from my bathroom sink thru my living room. Every time someone in a unit above me used water it backed up in my unit. The resident manager refused to allow a plumber to enter the property. I was told many times that day that I'd have to wait until Monday.

After 7 hours of yelling, screaming, mopping and scrubbing I finally threatened a law suit. At 7p on a Sunday night in Makaha, a plumber finally was allowed in. He diagnosed the blockage to be in a common pipe. Res. mgr. then refused to pay the $300.00 bill on behalf of the association. I paid it and took the association to small claims court. The management company's property manager settled out of court for the full amount plus filing and serving fees, after the board of directors tried for 2 months to negotiate a partial payment with me. There was no bloody way I was going to fall for that kind of ¢r@p!

Our annual meeting in March promises to have entertainment value beyond any circus sideshow as I'm not alone by a long shot when it comes to ridiculous experiences with this dude who was hired 2.5 years ago. He's been on the job 2.49 years too long. My seat belt is fastened!

There! I feel better now so I'll return you to your regularly scheduled programming!

Comment

This is sick!!!!

Five members of the Hawaii state senate are now poised to cross into no-mans land. Banning smoking in people's own homes!! - even if it isn't bothering anybody. In other words Zysman at Tobacco Free Hawaii can't sleep at night knowing that there are couples that are enjoying a smoke in their own bedroom before they go to sleep at night. She can't stand it.

This bill is for public housing, next on the firing line is YOUR condo. Just ask the folks of Belmont, CA. It's already happened.

http://www.capitol.hawaii.gov/site1/...?billno=SB2408

I plan to go down to the capital in person for this, feel free to private message me - you can make a real difference. It's time to put this bigotry to an end.

Comment

Working...
                                X