X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Pet Peeve of the Day - Chapter 2

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
    this dude who was hired 2.5 years ago. He's been on the job 2.49 years too long. My seat belt is fastened!

There! I feel better now so I'll return you to your regularly scheduled programming!

Well look on the bright side, at least he's qualified by at least 0.01 years Ahh the joys of communal living eh?
    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
      Well look on the bright side, at least he's qualified by at least 0.01 years Ahh the joys of communal living eh?
      I've resided "communally" since 1990 and have never experienced or witnessed the chaos that's currently in progress. Ooooowheeee, baby...it's getting uglier by the day!

Comment

Public expectoration. Never understood why it's socially acceptable to hork up and phoot out a weighty hocker while strolling down the sidewalk.

No, I don't want to fine people who do this (as some countries do), I just wish folks were raised to think of this as a private activity, like urination, dental cleansing, or cell-phone conversations.

Comment

I've resided "communally" since 1990 and have never experienced or witnessed the chaos that's currently in progress. Ooooowheeee, baby...it's getting uglier by the day!
          Well there's always a first eh? Just be thankful it's your sinks that are backing up and not the toilets.

Comment

I just got back from walking Manele & Koele their daily 2 mile constitutional and my pet peeve of everyday is seeing large piles of dog crap or small ones that come from two illegal acts, walking and not picking up after your pet or letting it run around freely. I really hate that! And believe me, it's not fun carrying plastic bags of crap around but it's gotta be done. What I do is if they do it early in the walk I leave the bag for pickup on the way home, only once have I had someone confront me and when I explain the situation they are happy and when I mention that the alternative is quite apparent on any given day. Oh well, there's gotta be something else!

Comment

Well there's always a first eh? Just be thankful it's your sinks that are backing up and not the toilets.

Comment

Originally posted by leashlaws View Post
                I just got back from walking Manele & Koele their daily 2 mile constitutional and my pet peeve of everyday is seeing large piles of dog crap or small ones that come from two illegal acts, walking and not picking up after your pet or letting it run around freely. I really hate that! And believe me, it's not fun carrying plastic bags of crap around but it's gotta be done. What I do is if they do it early in the walk I leave the bag for pickup on the way home, only once have I had someone confront me and when I explain the situation they are happy and when I mention that the alternative is quite apparent on any given day. Oh well, there's gotta be something else!

I had a neighbor when I lived in Honolulu who's cat crapped in my front yard (cat poo stinks way more than dog crap). One night I stepped in it and decided to take action. I picked up the crap with a shovel and flung it at her front door...SPLAT! When she opened the door the crap fell right on her doorstep.

I told her to keep her cat from my yard. She told me she can't help it, that cats like to roam. I told her well I can't help it because I don't like cats pooping in my yard and if that cat does it again it may lose one of it's nine lives. Leash laws...it's not just for dogs ya know.

Comment

Craig, that's a classic cat story! I would've done the same thing had I been in your position.

Cat owners who think it's OK to just let their pets out at night need a good dose of education. Cats on the prowl face a quicker exit from this world not only from vehicular traffic, but feline AIDS as well. And when cats crap on neighbors' yards, it's not just a smelly inconvenience, but a health hazard. Cat feces can harbor all kinds of parasites transmissible to humans, one of which -- Toxoplasma gondii -- is potentially fatal to a human fetus.

Cats should be walked around the neighborhood on a leash just like a dog. They may not like it at first, but they get used to it. Unfortunately, in all my years of living in Kaimuki, I've only seen one person actually walking their cat.
                  "If it's brown, it's cooked. If it's black, it's f***ed" - G. Ramsey

Comment

I had a neighbor when I lived in Honolulu who's cat crapped in my front yard (cat poo stinks way more than dog crap). One night I stepped in it and decided to take action. I picked up the crap with a shovel and flung it at her front door...SPLAT! When she opened the door the crap fell right on her doorstep.

I told her to keep her cat from my yard. She told me she can't help it, that cats like to roam. I told her well I can't help it because I don't like cats pooping in my yard and if that cat does it again it may lose one of it's nine lives. Leash laws...it's not just for dogs ya know.
                    Oh, I couldn't AGREE with you more - I HATE cat crap and the idiots next door always let their cat(s) roam and they were messing up my side yard. In fact lots of people let their cats roam and at one point when we first moved in we made use of a leftover cat trap from the previous owners and caught and had cats picked up which hopefully was a real pain in the a-- for the owner. I have never bought that junk about cats needing to roam, plenty are just fine in the house. When I lived in my townhouse you'd see a few people actually WALKING A CAT ON A LEASH - I always praised them and let them know we appreciated their following the law. I'll stop ranting again!
                    But I DO AGREE! Thanks for reminding me of another thorn that is often in my side every now and then! And, I do see/smell cat crap along the walk.

Comment

The Sunday plumbing back-up doesn't even register on the Richter Scale of association problems right now. More recent "stuff" has the scale hitting 10.1!

Comment

The Sunday plumbing back-up doesn't even register on the Richter Scale of association problems right now. More recent "stuff" has the scale hitting 10.1!
                        WEll at least you can enjoy your fabulous sunsets from your hale. That is unless you're having association problems with that too like use fees to view the sunset?

Comment

WEll at least you can enjoy your fabulous sunsets from your hale. That is unless you're having association problems with that too like use fees to view the sunset?
                          That's next, I'm sure...with cash only payments accepted at the office window. Easier that way to not have to account for it. Red sunsets are seen 24/7 as owners can only see RED right now, no matter what direction they look.

And the beat goes on...

Comment

I just read through a lot of "And the beat goes on" link.

Really sorry to hear how uncomfortable many are with the situation.
                            Hope the BOD does something to correct the problems.

I've worked at a condo as "Head of security" and "maintenance/landscaping".
                            Never wanted to be a resident manager because I saw how stuck in the middle they were. And those guys were trying to do good jobs.
                            Life is either an adventure... or you're not doing it right!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Menehune Man View Post
                              I just read through a lot of "And the beat goes on" link.
                              I've only had time to read some of it; hope to be able to read the rest soon. Curiousity made me look at that condo's website, and it's easy to see why so many owners are up in arms. Messages from the manager chastising the owners... the manager bragging that most of his employees have been there (gasp!) a full year... That makes me think there's been a helluva turnover in employees. Would that be right, TutuSue?

Hope the BOD does something to correct the problems.
                              Well, I wouldn't hold my breath. According to their website, the vice-president of the board is the manager's wife! (I hope she's recused herself from any votes on her husband's job evaluations, raises, etc. If she hasn't, there might be criminal charges to consider.)
                              It gets worse.
                              It also turns out that the manager is one of the owners there! That's a shocking conflict of interest, and would be a violation of almost every other condo's bylaws.
                              I think the only way MSS can solve their problems is to amend their bylaws. Or remove the whole board. Or both.
                              The angry owners there should also invest in consulting a good condo attorney. (Perhaps they already have.)

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

The stories get crazier every day but I'd best not go public with them yet. You know that old saying..."caught with his hand in the cookie jar"?... The majority of dissident owner communication is now in email and not on the web site I linked to. LN is pretty much right on the money with his observations. Yes, the turnover has been phenomenal yet, as you noticed LN, RM brags about what the owners consider to be transient employees. The working conditions are horrendous under this regime. Ditto the living conditions.

This dude asked for and received (from the BoD, which is mired in nepotism) living expenses for a 2 bedroom unit when 1) he and his wife own and lived in a 1 bedroom unit prior to his employment and 2) the assoc. maintains a 1 bdrm. unit for the RM. Currently, as I understand it, a security guard, his wife and FOUR kids live rent free in the RM's assoc. provided unit which is under 400 sq. ft. Six people in -400 sq. ft.? Hellooooooooooo! Not only are we, the owners, paying thru the proverbial nose for RM and his BoD VP wife's living expenses, we're not getting a dime back from the assoc. provided unit to help offset the RMs expense demands.

As far as a good condo attorney is concerned, the ones we've called all have ties to the management company so they don't want to get involved in a conflict of interest situation. Our 3rd assoc. attorney in 2.5 years resigned last week and 4th attorney just came on board. As we recently found out, the attorneys are for the use of the BoD and the RM...not the owners. Whatta revelation! Our maintenance fees in action!

Our by-laws are desperately in need of change...as are the house rules...the management company...the BoD...and the RM. Our annual meeting is March 3. Wish us luck.
                                Last edited by tutusue; January 29, 2008, 08:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X