This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Pet Peeve of the Day

eric and i normally don't bother with star trek: enterprise but eric taped the episode "regeneration" to see what the online trek community had been so upset about. ergh. almost wished i didn't watch cause within the first two minutes, i got so ticked my blood pressure went up. this episode totally effs up the trek timeline in terms of the borg. i've watched "first contact" many times and as far as i can remember, all the borg that went to earth to prevent cochrane's launch of the phoenix were obliterated in the earth's atmosphere by the enterprse. so how the heck are there gonna be any borg left to crash onto earth and be preserved in an artic glacier???!!!!

with "regeneration," archer and his crew steals from TNG's picard & crew starfleet's first contact with the borg. anyone who is a trekkie or trekker (there's a diff) knows that the borg eppies, which started with TNG, are among the best in the entire franchise. it's obvious enterprise writers pulled the borg out of their assterisks in hopes of bolstering the first evertrek series not widely supported by trek fans. enterprise is such a dim shadow of all the previous francises.

brannon & braga shouldn't have created enterprise. they should have developed the more widely supported idea of centering a series around starfleet academy or created a series that went forward in the timeline, not backwards. now, all they've done is make a mess of things.

*disgust*
    superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

It pisses me off that my parents need someone to fully check out something before they buy. My Mom just told me I have to drive my younger brother using my car to get his license because "his car" doesn't have the registration (the 2nd car to don't have that). Other times that something similar happened was when they didn't tell me they were going to buy a computer for our current business - they could have saved $200 and gotten a better printer if they'd ask me to shop around.
      How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Originally posted by ericncyn View Post
        eric and i normally don't bother with star trek: enterprise but eric taped the episode "regeneration" to see what the online trek community had been so upset about.

with "regeneration," archer and his crew steals from TNG's picard & crew starfleet's first contact with the borg.

brannon & braga shouldn't have created enterprise.
        I'm peeved just reading the post I quoted. I hated Enterprise from the day it started because everything looked too new for it to be a prequel to the original series. Now for them to mess up the timeline... sheesh. I'm glad I never saw this episode.

The Star Trek creators could have made Enterprise look exactly like how the original series looked, with the same type of starships, uniforms, etc. as they did in Star Trek Deep Space 9's episode where they went back to the Tribbles incident.

Maybe that is one reason why I'd rather stay in the Babylon 5 space time continuum.
        I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

My peeve of the day: People who make their own parking in crowded lots. Specifically, the numbskulls who park their cars in the traffic lane at Costco, at the end of aisles or right up on the concrete in front of the store. A loading zone is one thing, but these idiots must think they're too important to wait for a space like everyone else. Of course, by plopping their vehicles in everyone's way, the already bad traffic situation only gets worse.

Truly, the Iwilei Costco parking lot is an absolute disaster, design wise. But throw in a few SUVs and oversized "MAUI BUILT" pickup trucks, and the end is nigh. You should be allowed to ram shopping carts into these morons with impunity. Barring that, I'd be happy to partner with a local towing company, calling in a fleet of trucks every day for a cut of the recovery fees.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
            Truly, the Iwilei Costco parking lot is an absolute disaster, design wise.
            The Hawaii Kai Costco has its share of parking woes as well, even after they expanded the size of the store. For one, most of the stalls are barely wide enough for a mid-size vehicle, leaving your car vulnerable to getting door-dinged. Then you have the stalls fronting the main center area which are all perpendicular, not angled with the direction of traffic, making it that much more challenging to get in and out of these tight spaces.

Not to mention quite a few "high mucky-mucks" who live in that area that act like they're the only ones in the lot.
            sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Re: Pet Peeve of the Day - Chapter 2

I’m with pzarquon, but I will add to the list the people that stop at the front door of the store blocking traffic to let out their too fat wife. Hello, she needs the exercise.

If she has a legitimate walking problem then pull into the handicap stall that is right there.
              "Reason is not automatic. Those who deny it cannot be conquered by it. Do not count on them. Leave them alone."
              Ayn Rand

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai View Post
                The Hawaii Kai Costco has its share of parking woes as well...
                Not to mention quite a few "high mucky-mucks" who live in that area that act like they're the only ones in the lot.
                well, I like to think I'm not a mucky-muck. I always try to park near the water or near Keahole, away from the doors.

What I'd like Hawaii Kai Costco do is change the employee smoking lounge from the mauka side of the doors to the makai side of the food court. Every time I walk in at HKI Costco, I have to tolerate second hand smoke, as do the employees who have to welcome everyone in or check them out. Not an intelligent design. What are they waiting for? An entire employee break out of lung cancer, asthma and emphysema?
                Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Preach, 68-eldo!I'm forgiving of those traffic clots only if they're considerate enough to turn on their hazards. Otherwise, I give them a gentle 152dB reminder to drive aloha.
                  "If it's brown, it's cooked. If it's black, it's f***ed" - G. Ramsey

Comment

The AAA tow truck driver who wouldn't come up my driveway to jumpstart my car because he said the tree branches (like twigs and there was only one of them) would scratch the new paint on his new truck.
                    Aloha,
                    Mokihana

Comment

Originally posted by Mokihana View Post
                      The AAA tow truck driver who wouldn't come up my driveway to jumpstart my car because he said the tree branches (like twigs and there was only one of them) would scratch the new paint on his new truck.
                      Hmmm. The last time I got a jump start from a tow truck the guy had one of those portable units. No need to get the truck next to the car.

Comment

He had to come up a long, steep driveway to get to my car. There are trees on either side of it, but nothing that would scratch his truck.

Walking up the driveway is arduous even if he'd had a portable unit; I doubt he'd have been willing to do that.

Good idea about the portable unit, though!!
                        Aloha,
                        Mokihana

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
                          Truly, the Iwilei Costco parking lot is an absolute disaster, design wise.
                          If you mean its layout, I guess that's true, but I like the entrances from two ends and the spaces were painted wide enough to accommodate the larger vehicles most people drive now, with space even between stalls, for opening car doors and maneuvering large boxes into back seats. I have on occasion had difficulty finding a stall at all, but that seldom happens if one isn't picky. In all, it's a much, much better parking lot than Costco had at the Salt Lake location.
                          But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                          GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

... when mainlanders say they'll have a luau, but no more local food... or local music for that matter.

I only had one luau on the mainland, and it was part of a tech conference. Probably they had it because there were a few of us locals there. They played country music (since it is Texas) and they didn't even have pineapples. If it wasn't for jetlag, then me and my friends would have made changes.
                            How'd I get so white and nerdy?

Comment

Originally posted by adrian View Post
                              ... when mainlanders say they'll have a luau, but no more local food... or local music for that matter.
                              Or the worst crime of all --- running OUT OF FOOD! That just isn't done.

Comment

When something on a restaurant menu is labelled "Hawaiian" because it has pineapple in it.

Hawaiian Pork Chops
                                Hawaiian Pizza
                                Hawaiian Burger.... etc etc.
                                Aloha,
                                Mokihana

Comment

Working...
                                X