Quechup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quechup

So, I've been getting alot of friends inviting me to join quechup lately.

Is this the new MySpace, which was the new "Friendster" when it came out?

What's up with Quechup ?

I did a search and it was slower than MySpace...I don't think I can take it .
    Last edited by tikiyaki; September 6, 2007, 06:48 AM.
    http://tikiyakiorchestra.com
    Need a place to stay in Hilo ?
    Cue Factory - Music for your Vision

Re: Quechup

Stay away. You're getting a lot of invites because the site tricks you into giving it access to your address book, immediately spamming everyone within.

No way is it the next MySpace or Facebook. There are easily a hundred companies vying for this title (or its equivalent). It's a small player that no one had ever heard of until this recent flood of accidental "invites."

Check out our ongoing discussion of social software for thoughts on some of the other players in this space. But if you get Quechup invites, the best thing you can do is mark them as spam so that they start getting sent to the trash bin automatically for everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
      Stay away. You're getting a lot of invites because the site tricks you into giving it access to your address book, immediately spamming everyone within.

No way is it the next MySpace or Facebook. There are easily a hundred companies vying for this title (or its equivalent). It's a small player that no one had ever heard of until this recent flood of accidental "invites."

Check out our ongoing discussion of social software for thoughts on some of the other players in this space. But if you get Quechup invites, the best thing you can do is mark them as spam so that they start getting sent to the trash bin automatically for everyone.
      DOH....too late...but I've only gotten invites from people I know, so far.

Comment

I got invited and yes...my friends and those I don't know are sending me emails very MAD! I canceled but my name and picture still is on. I can't log in anymore. Don't want to.

Stay away.

Nasty and Sneaky Website!

Auntie Lynn
        Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
        Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

So. I cancelled too, and they won't remove me from the database. My friends got invites FROM ME which I didn't send. I sent threatening emails to Quechup saying I will take legal action if they don't stop, but to no avail.

Is there ANYTHING that can be done about this EVIL SPAM/HACK site ?

Comment

Working...
          X