Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: KGMB Sunrise

Originally posted by Paul Ogata View Post
    Sansei has skipped more periods than Britney and Jamie Lynn Spears put together.

Well thanks for your time
    Oooooh...deeeeear...gaaaaawd...
    I need the rest of the day to recover from a laugh induced bellyache!
    <fut><gasp><fut><belch><fut>
    (Where's the Body Mint when I need it?!)

Comment

Originally posted by Betamax View Post
      The number to watch is the women 25-54.... advertisers like it if you have a female audience in that age group (as well as the 18-49 group)... biggest buyer of men's underwear???? .... women
      Women?

Look, if they no like wear lingerie, get granny panties. Keep your hands out of our Hanes.

Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Ogata View Post
        Sansei has skipped more periods than Britney and Jamie Lynn Spears put together.

Well thanks for your time
        OMG Paul... TOO HILARIOUS!! Thanks for the laugh!

I've noticed Ramsay Wharton was filling in the last couple of days. She was pretty good I thought...she'll do good once she starts anchoring the 4:30am newscast. But I have a feeling that newscast is going to be more "serious" (if you can say that about Sunrise), while the 5-8am will be a lot of the same.

It's funny how most of the Sunrise team went 3 months without taking a day off, then suddenly everyone's scrambling for time off or is out of the studio doing other stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by l14dap View Post
          [...]
          It's funny how most of the Sunrise team went 3 months without taking a day off, then suddenly everyone's scrambling for time off or is out of the studio doing other stuff.
          The holidays might have something to do with it, too.

Comment

Common pattern -establish TheTeam prior to ratings, then no one goes on vacation during ratings (November), and then people scramble to take time off (esp during the holidays) prior to the next ratings period (February).

Comment

yups, ratings time means no vacations.

of course if you work for gov't anytime is pretty much sick leave...er, I mean, vacation time.

Comment

Originally posted by l14dap View Post
                OMG Paul... TOO HILARIOUS!! Thanks for the laugh!

I've noticed Ramsay Wharton was filling in the last couple of days. She was pretty good I thought...she'll do good once she starts anchoring the 4:30am newscast. But I have a feeling that newscast is going to be more "serious" (if you can say that about Sunrise), while the 5-8am will be a lot of the same.

4:30a.m. newscast?? At this point I'm surprised that some local station doesn't have a complete loop of the 10p.m. newscast through the night up until they do the 4:30a.m. or have some poor intern up all night at the desk. I mean KHNL re-runs the 10p.m. broadcast at 1a.m....let's fill in the blanks!

Comment

So did anyone watch the new extended version of Sunrise this morning? What are they doing to fill 3½ hours a day?

Comment

maybe sunrise and the local stations will hope that the temporary drama of uh football will drive things for a while. it did for all the weekend newscasts and for sure this morning.
                    Always check and double check

Comment

I like Sunrise too and vaguely realized that this morning was the start of their 'extended' edition but I was still half asleep.

The one thing I don't like about the show is how Grace mispronounces Hawaiian words and place names. It is so OBVIOUS she's from the mainland but surely someone could teach her the proper way to pronounce Hawaiian vowels. It really, REALLY irks me.
                      Toku toa, he toa rangatira ~ He whakatauki
                      My bravery is inherited from the chiefs who were my forebears ~ Maori whakatauki

Comment

Originally posted by kiwidiva View Post
                        The one thing I don't like about the show is how Grace mispronounces Hawaiian words and place names. It is so OBVIOUS she's from the mainland but surely someone could teach her the proper way to pronounce Hawaiian vowels. It really, REALLY irks me.
                        You know where the station is at, Kapi'olani Boulevard. Make an appointment with her.
                        Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Um, yep... I'll get right on that!
                          Toku toa, he toa rangatira ~ He whakatauki
                          My bravery is inherited from the chiefs who were my forebears ~ Maori whakatauki

Comment

hi this is sansei and in response to Kiwidiva,i wish to share my Thought's on This subject,i believe if the news people mispronounce hawaiian word's,it's their choice is people mispronounce japanese word's and the people here think we dont have any american Japanese and Japanese people here so i believe in my Heart that News people dont need to pronounce the hawaiian word's correctly when I Heard on the radio that he mispronounced the Japanese Girl who was Possibly Killled Masumi Watanabe he does the news and he mispronounced Watanabe as watanbe and that's incorrect so I called him and asked him nicely if he would pronouce the Lady's last Name correctly and he did later so I Thought to share this with everyone.

well thank's for your time

Comment

Originally posted by sansei View Post
                              hi this is sansei and in response to Kiwidiva,i wish to share my Thought's on This subject,i believe if the news people mispronounce hawaiian word's,it's their choice is people mispronounce japanese word's and the people here think we dont have any american Japanese and Japanese people here so i believe in my Heart that News people dont need to pronounce the hawaiian word's correctly when I Heard on the radio that he mispronounced the Japanese Girl who was Possibly Killled Masumi Watanabe he does the news and he mispronounced Watanabe as watanbe and that's incorrect so I called him and asked him nicely if he would pronouce the Lady's last Name correctly and he did later so I Thought to share this with everyone.

well thank's for your time

Comment

Seems KGMB is stuck, I mean really stuck on UH football.

Too stuck. I switched to KITV tonight and got Darryl Huff's excellent story on that bus driver who pleaded no contest to driving while high on drugs and killing a man.

Great story!

Watch the 10pm

Comment

Working...
                                X