What are you really like?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are you really like?

I'm curious....... Do you think that you have a different personality here on HT than you do in real life? Maybe different personality isn't the right term. Maybe more open here than you would be in person? Or more shy ? All this discussion about being banned and the things that led up to the "banning" got me to thinking. We all have personalities that come through on the threads - but how real are they? I imagine sometimes that we are all sitting in a room discussing things face to face so I like to think I react in that same way. I know we all tend to go off topic and this sort of thing has come up from time to time but the discussion tends to drift off......you know, back on topic and stuff. In the months that I have been here, I feel like I've come to know some of you. But then I wonder - would I recognize you if we actually met?

Re: What are you really like?

On and "Off" Screen ~ I am ME! Auntie Lynn aka Auntie Pupule!

Sharing Love and Aloha wheneva I can. My passions are many especially, foa the Hungry and Homeless. And The MWH Slippah Wish Fund foa da Children!

I am a mother, grandmother, daughter, sister, and auntie to many. Soon to be a wife again.heheheh I am also a BITXH wen I get mad. ha ha ha

My first love is for God. For everything else falls in place when he comes first...I believe.

I am ME!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

I'm pretty much me in any context. Although I can counterfeit a brilliant pidgin if the situation calls for it. Most times, no need, but.
      Don't be mean,
      try to help.

Comment

My avatar says it all...

Comment

I probably get a bit more high-mucky-muck in some of my postings than I would in person. Sorry about that. Otherwise, WYSIWYG.

Comment

I'm more appealing as a virtual personality.
            Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

I'm pretty much a newcomer here, but I was a long-time lurker before joining HT. That says a lot about me.

My real life personality reflects my on-line personality. I'm somewhat of an introvert, but not so much of an introvert that I would run away from something that is really important to me. I am definitely not confrontational. I know that being anonymous on-line makes it easy to take on an alter ego personality, but I just can't do that.

There are lots of posts that I wanted to make, but didn't. That says a lot about me, too.

Actually, I don't know why I am posting this. I am revealing too much of myself, which would be an accurate depiction of my real life. I am, in real life, very guarded.

Maybe I'm doing this because of the three beers that I've just drunk (or reading the recent posts on banning).

I think this is a very interesting (and informative/revealing) thread. What is the difference between your "real life" world and your HT life?

Comment

Online, I'm probably a nicer person as I have time to read and edit or delete. In the real world, I can be a really grouchy old fart SOB. I'll say no more.

Comment

We are who we are, and the more we post about life's topics, the more we regress to the mean.

If you met me in person, you would think that I am thoughtful, funny, blunt, talkative (in an introverted way) mommyish, principled and just a bit spooky.

pax

Comment

to know me is to love me

Comment

Originally posted by Pua'i Mana'o View Post
                      If you met me in person, you would think that I am thoughtful, funny, blunt, talkative (in an introverted way) mommyish, principled and just a bit spooky.
                      You left out beautiful.
                      But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                      GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

flattery will get you everywhere.

pax

Comment

Good question. Only way to find out is I meet some of yalls.

Comment

I don't think I'm any different on here than I am in "real" life. I'm not easily intimidated and I don't take crap from anyone. but, those who know me may have a different opinion?

and Pua`i? I didn't find you spooky at all. Wish you would come back to Honolulu so we could talk again!
                            Last edited by anapuni808; September 19, 2007, 10:26 PM.
                            "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                            – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Originally posted by Honoruru View Post
                              [...]I know that being anonymous on-line makes it easy to take on an alter ego personality,[...]
                              I guess it might be easy for some but for my tutu brain it'd be very difficult. I wouldn't be able to remember which personality I assigned to what screen name.
                              Originally posted by cezanne View Post
                              Good question. Only way to find out is I meet some of yalls.
                              The HT Christmas party will be here before ya know it.

Comment

Working...
                              X