Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What are you really like?

Originally posted by anapuni808 View Post
    I don't think I'm any different on here than I am in "real" life. but, those who know me may have a different opinion?
    nope! Your ethic, heart, perspective is all you.

pax

Comment

I'm more of "lurker" than a "poster" so I'm sure not too many people know me. I'm mainly known as "The SB webmaster's sister" -- although he doesn't work there anymore.
      I try to stay away from posting on threads that are heated ore require strong opinions. Shy as I am, I'd hate to upset anyone with my humble opinions.
      But it sure is fun to read others' posts! You can learn a lot about people and they don't even realize it. All good things, though!
      I've said enough already!
      So long...and thanks for all the fish!

Comment

I'm more outspoken here. I suspect I may come across nicer in person where I can control the "voice" (emotional level) used even if the words are the same.

Don't know as there's much difference otherwise. It's not like my politics or opinions are any different.

Comment

Originally posted by Honoruru View Post
          There are lots of posts that I wanted to make, but didn't. That says a lot about me, too.
          lol!

This reminds me of that ethnic observation by Rap Replinger about how Hawaii has so many mixed breeds. That would make you, Honoruru, one "Japanee-Podogee" because "you get a lot to say, eh!... but you don't wanna' talk about it".

With that, having fun, being upbeat and staying positive (for the most part, except blue Mondays) is my protocol here, while learning a few things at the same time. That's pretty much how I am in person. I enjoy meeting interesting new people, and aside of "real life", HT is a great place for that. I've met Tikiyaki, Auntie and AbsolutChaos in person (and know quite a few other lurkers, too), and hopefully they'll endorse my self-assessment, even through our brief time together chatting.
          sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

I like that my looks aren't a distraction here.
            “First we fought the preliminary round for the k***s and now we’re gonna fight the main event for the n*****s."
            http://hollywoodbitchslap.com/review...=416&printer=1

Comment

Originally posted by Kalei99 View Post
              I'm more of "lurker" than a "poster" so I'm sure not too many people know me. I'm mainly known as "The SB webmaster's sister" -- [...]
              Aha! Now I know who you are!!! Our paths crossed last December for which I'll always be thankful!

Comment

Good thread, Acousticlady!

If we were all in a room and having these discussions we'd go off-topic just as we do here. It's human nature for one subject to inspire thoughts on another, etc.

I've been told that I write just as I sound. I'm part redneck and no one has more faults than me, but one of the few I don't have is that of being a "plastic person." Love me, hate me or just tolerate me.....I'm me and have even had people tell me that I'm always the same and I mean that she meant every time we run into each other, whatever type of event or just out and about, I'm the same. Maybe that means boring but I seriously think it indicates that people I post with could recognize me after a good time of interaction, yeah.
                Stop being lost in thought where our problems thrive.~

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai View Post
                  lol!

This reminds me of that ethnic observation by Rap Replinger about how Hawaii has so many mixed breeds. That would make you, Honoruru, one "Japanee-Podogee" because "you get a lot to say, eh!... but you don't wanna' talk about it".

With that, having fun, being upbeat and staying positive (for the most part, except blue Mondays) is my protocol here, while learning a few things at the same time. That's pretty much how I am in person. I enjoy meeting interesting new people, and aside of "real life", HT is a great place for that. I've met Tikiyaki, Auntie and AbsolutChaos in person (and know quite a few other lurkers, too), and hopefully they'll endorse my self-assessment, even through our brief time together chatting.
                  I can vouch for that...Pomai is Good Peeps ! Though a little more shy in person.
                  Now, if he would answer his cell phone once in a while.....
                  http://tikiyakiorchestra.com
                  Need a place to stay in Hilo ?
                  Cue Factory - Music for your Vision

Comment

What am I really like? Kind of a cross between James Bond and Bart Simpson.
                    And as my signature line below says...

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
                      And as my signature line below says...
                      That's EXACTLY how I imagined you!

Comment

We're the same online as we are in person. NEENZ is here, and NOE is the backbone supporter. We don't have an avatar, it's our real mugs...a bit crooked, but there's really nothing too straight 'bout us to begin with. I do my best to be polite in the real and the virtual, contribute here and there rather than grumble and scrounge. At times, I enjoy the virtual interactions versus the real because I do have an introverted side, although so many would disagree.

If you think you recognize us, tilt your head a bit to get focus and shout out NEENZ! I know that if I see a cool looking toddler, puffin' on a gum rolled cig I'm gonna shout, "LIKA NUI!"
                        ___
                        "Be god to each other."

Comment

I think I'm nicer in person than online. My NY sarcasm comes across as more humorous in person. I think it appears more angry online.

I could be wrong tho'....
                          http://tikiyakiorchestra.com
                          Need a place to stay in Hilo ?
                          Cue Factory - Music for your Vision

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
                            Incredibly accurate, that. The cartoon yellow skin is a dead giveaway.

Comment

Originally posted by Pua'i Mana'o View Post
                              We are who we are, and the more we post about life's topics, the more we regress to the mean.

If you met me in person, you would think that I am thoughtful, funny, blunt, talkative (in an introverted way) mommyish, principled and just a bit spooky.
                              Eh. No forget insightful. And handy wit da slippah!
                              Aloha,
                              Mokihana

Comment

Originally posted by Kalei99 View Post
                                I'm more of "lurker" than a "poster" so I'm sure not too many people know me. I try to stay away from posting on threads that are heated ore require strong opinions. Shy as I am, I'd hate to upset anyone with my humble opinions.

But it sure is fun to read others' posts! You can learn a lot about people and they don't even realize it. All good things, though!
                                I would say I'm like this too here on HT.
                                Aloha,
                                Mokihana

Comment

Working...
                                X