X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What are you really like?

Originally posted by Pomai View Post
    lol!
    That would make you, Honoruru, one "Japanee-Podogee" because "you get a lot to say, eh!... but you don't wanna' talk about it".
    That description fits me to a "T"! But then again, I am Okinawan ... and Okinawans have always been suspected of being part Japanee, part Podagee, right? At least in Hawai‘i . Which reminds me, the Portuguese "Festa" is this weekend!

Comment

Tikiyaki, I don't think you are wrong. So much is lost in the written medium that it can make us sounds arrogant, hateful, etc...when we aren't feeling or acting that way as we type, sarcasm can be totally undetectable in writing, and jokes can fly by the reader.
      Stop being lost in thought where our problems thrive.~

Comment

I don't know how I come across online but I like to think it's pretty close to how I am in real life. It's a Hawaii board, never know when family gonna lurk around dis place and kick my 'okole if I'm kolohe. I'm starting to think I have to be more discreet with what I say and pics I post online or my family gonna kick my 'okole for me being too open with information, yeah? LOL. I already found out I'm related to 2 people on HT, one through our cousins gettin' married, so da islands are DEFINITELY small and one can't escape that fact, even on a Hawaii forum.

I am generally happy, easy going, open minded and absolutely not confrontational. I'm nice to the point that people like to mistake it for weakness. They get a reality check when they try to take advantage of my kindness. I don't think I come across well in writing so I tend to restrain myself on forums but in person I talk too much. When I'm curious about stuff or on a personal quest of growth I probably ask too many questions and come across as niele but I swear I'm not. I just love to learn new things.

If that doesn't scare you then I'd love to meet you next time I'm back home! Me and Auntie Lynn just barely missed eachother last time I was around and I'm still sorry about that.

Originally posted by Honoruru View Post
        Which reminds me, the Portuguese "Festa" is this weekend!
        This sounds like oh so ono fun. I'll leave a note to my grandpa on his myspace. Yes, my 80 year old grandfather has a myspace. I love how the Portuguese pronounce "s", so festa sounds like "fesh-tah."
        I'm disgusted and repulsed, and I can't look away.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
          Aha! Now I know who you are!!! Our paths crossed last December for which I'll always be thankful!
          AHA! And now I know who you are! How are the girls doing?

PS.....LOVE the avatar!
          So long...and thanks for all the fish!

Comment

Originally posted by Kalei99 View Post
            AHA! And now I know who you are! How are the girls doing?
            I think they think they are doing fine. In time I think they'll look back and realize that it takes one heckuva lot of time to get over being 'orphaned' at such young ages. Oldest is currently on a full scholarship at UNLV while missing Hawaii, her sister and her friends terribly! Youngest is on cruise control altho' she's managed to get back to school. My goal is to keep 'em both in school!
            PS.....LOVE the avatar!
            Heh! It's amazing what a great photographer and Photoshop can do, isn't it?!

Comment

Hallo. 'Tis me.

I believe in Popeye, to wit: "I Yam Whutt-I Yam, and that's all I can stands and I can't stands no more! Yuk, yuk, yuk."

Like Popeye said, I am what I am.

I think I'm exactly the same online as I am in person, or at least I have always tried to be. I have never* tried to hide my identity online. I have almost always signed my real name to my posts, even though my online account name is different.

I've been online since the 1980s, first on local BBSs, AOL, then Flex/aloha.com when it came available in 1994. The entire time, I always signed my name to posts, no matter the screen name. A web search will quickly tell you exactly who is on the other end of one of my posts.

I think I'm loud (I have partial hearing loss, so that may have something to do with it. Then again, maybe I'm just loud!), sometimes funny (or at least try to be), I love a good horse-laugh. I've often been told (by myself) that I don't know when to shut the hell up.

I came from a family of "Podagee Lawyers" who would argue any point unto death around the dinner table. There were 7 of us kids, all of us loving a good debate.

I am neither Democrat nor Republican. I try to think for myself on each issue.

I try to do what is right, pono, always. I try to bring up my one and only kid to lead a pono life. Sometimes I'm very successful. Sometimes I fail miserably, but I keep trying.

I try to be generous, I love to be of help when help is needed. I think in my zeal to help, I've maybe occasionally been construed as suspect, with ulterior motives. I have none, other than wanting to help others and wanting to make a difference.

What else? Hmmmm. I love to hear a kid laugh out loud. It makes my heart feel really good.

Oh, and I never, ever give up trying to reach a goal.

Aloha all,

Blaine

*Oooh! E kala mai! I forgot...I think in person I slip more easily into pidgin than online. Wot? Wop yo jawz!

*Qualifier: There was a time recently when posting online might have cost me my job, so I did adopt an alter-ego online here, but used it sparingly. I did not change what I posted, but did so under a different user name. Shuttup, Leo.
              Last edited by zztype; September 20, 2007, 10:00 PM. Reason: Added funny line... :)
              Make trouble, have fun, do good stuffs.

Comment

Originally posted by zztype View Post
                I've often been told (by myself) that I don't know when to shut the hell up.
                Eh Blaine, aloha, howzit.

And... muah ha ha ha, I relate. I'm 100% Podagee in da mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by LeiKaina View Post
                  Eh Blaine, aloha, howzit.

And... muah ha ha ha, I relate. I'm 100% Podagee in da mouth.
                  No, seriously! You remind me of my sisters! You're sort of like the fourth sister in the Fergie clan. You even look like you could have been one of us!

Too funny! Kalei, wot you tink?

Comment

No, seriously! You remind me of my sisters! You're sort of like the fourth sister in the Fergie clan. You even look like you could have been one of us!

Too funny! Kalei, wot you tink?
                    We get similar ethnic makeup but you know dat. And wha? Kalei your sis? Where I been? Dat makes 3 people on HT....

Comment

Heah... try go look:

http://www.hawaiithreads.com/showpos...0&postcount=17

That's her real picture for avatar.

Comment

Heah... try go look:

http://www.hawaiithreads.com/showpos...0&postcount=17

That's her real picture for avatar.
                        I gotta quit having ADD when reading through threads if I wanna learn anything.

And I remember seeing Kalei's picture at da other site, she's lovely, u'i even.

Comment

Wot? You, too. Sheesh.

Comment

Wot? You, too. Sheesh.
                            Wot? You get ADD too cuz?

Comment

My online "voice" is probably a lot more stern than my real voice. People have said I have a dry sense of humor and while they roll their eyes at my wise cracks they'll probably miss it when I'm dead.... :-)

I'm a lot more patient now than 20 years ago. But maybe because I learned that there are few things in life that are all THAT important. And the few things that ARE THAT important are worth standing for.

I won't tolerate dishonesty. And ethics are always important. I can sympathize when someone doesn't know something. But I can't stand willful ignorance. When something is part of their job or livelihood, and they refuse to understand it, well that just gets my goat.

As for my own beliefs: do unto others as you would have them do unto you. Do for others just for the sake of doing something. Always put out a quality product: it ain't good enough until it's good enough, or you just ran out of time. And try to make someone smile along the way.

As for my own identity, perhaps one or two have figured it out. I always use my real name on professional discussion forums. But this one's for fun and I decided to remain anonymous.

Comment

I came from a family of "Podagee Lawyers" who would argue any point unto death around the dinner table. There were 7 of us kids, all of us loving a good debate.
                                Being #6 of 7....I couldn't get a word in edgewise. Full on Podagees in our house!

We get similar ethnic makeup but you know dat. And wha? Kalei your sis? Where I been? Dat makes 3 people on HT....

Hey are we cousins? I neva know dat! Wassssup, cuz?

To quote Tutusue: "Heh! It's amazing what a great photographer and Photoshop can do, isn't it?!"
                                So long...and thanks for all the fish!

Comment

Working...
                                X