Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: "Heroes" - Season 2 on NBC

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
    There should be a Nissan Rogue drinking game (same rules as last year's Nissan Versa drinking game!).
    Absolutely! I'm just waiting for the writers to find some way for Hiro to plug Nissan in the 17th century.

Favorite line of the night; "Why does he keep saying his own name?"

Comment

Episode for today
      1. DL Hawkins is dead
      2. Sylar is alive, but still healing after 8 operations to repair the stabbing damage he took. Plus the powers he took are gone.
      3. West reveals to Claire that he can fly
      4. Hiro sends Ando messages inside the sword's handle
      5. Nichelle Nichols makes an apperance taking care of Micah
      6. Maya's power kills people while Alejandro undoes it
      7. Isaac painted 8 scenes showing deaths of various people. One was about Hiro's dad and the one of Mr. Bennet himself with Claire overlooking.

Comment

The second episode was stronger than the first, so we're sticking with "Heroes" for the near term. There still seems to be too many threads coming in at once, especially given how frayed things were at the end of Season 1. "Wasn't he dead? Didn't she forget everything? Didn't they meet before? Oh, that was in the flash forward that ultimately didn't happen."

It's messy, but still fun.
        sorry for this very naive question; i like the series but haven't watched an entire episode since season two started (will try to catch up online). in an online interview, the creator said that the stories of season two would NOT be a continuation of season one (can't find that interview now, but even this article is enuf to support that idea: http://www.tervoo.com/blog/blogEntry.php?id=24). anyway, my naive question is: is it apparent that season two is NOT a continuation of season one? from what little i've seen, it appears that it is a continuation (even tho there are new characters; that is, the storyline seems to be the same).

anyway, i haven't watched an entire episode yet so i could be wrong. just wanted some clarification. thanks!
        525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

There are new characters and new plots, but there's definitely continuity from Season 1. It's just hard for me to remember, considering the spider web of twists and turns.

Last night's episode wasn't bad. I loved that Sylar woke up "in Maui."

Comment

I wonder where in the world Sylar actually is? Maybe in the jungles of the Amazon. Well for sure he was in no shape to kill Hiro's dad. And I take it the company must have kept Sylar alive for some reason.

Comment

There are new characters and new plots, but there's definitely continuity from Season 1. It's just hard for me to remember, considering the spider web of twists and turns.
              i see. in that case, that talk of season two not being a continuation of season one is just wrong. hmmmm. i wonder why they would say that? no matter. i'll see if i can catch up. thanks.
              525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

Well there are two things from season 1 that haven't been addressed yet in season 2 which are:
                1) Nathan status as a US congressman. Did he drop out or did he accept it what was a rigged electron.
                2) I really don't know how close the rest of the city knew about the events at Kirby Plaza, that at the last minute a nuclear type blast was moved away from the city. Or no one has looked into a sky blast that would have been visible to a lot of people.

Comment

Originally posted by helen View Post
                  I wonder where in the world Sylar actually is? Maybe in the jungles of the Amazon. Well for sure he was in no shape to kill Hiro's dad. And I take it the company must have kept Sylar alive for some reason.
                  I'm not entirely convinced that Sylar is seeing the real thing, or if he really killed Candice. Although, the body of her real self looks like the "real" Candice shown in the Heroes comics (which you can find on the Heroes website) before she started using her powers.

If what Sylar experienced really occurred, I would guess Amazon as well. Like where Ryu went in Ninja Gaiden 1

Comment

Originally posted by helen View Post
                    ......or no one has looked into a sky blast that would have been visible to a lot of people......
                    I realize a bustling modern-day New York is a far cry from sleepy 1960s Hawaii, but it seems an atmospheric nuclear blast has gone unnoticed before.

In the early 60s, the government detonated a nuclear bomb above the atmosphere near Hawaii. It created a spectacular light show, an artificial Borealis and caused all kinds of electrical problems. Yet, I've asked several people who were old enough to remember it, and not a single one remembers seeing or hearing of anything about it; neither the light shows nor the various electrical problems afterwards. Curious. (Perhaps I should start a thread and ask here.)

The operation was called Starfish Prime.

Comment

My husband and I finally got on the Heroes boat since Lost isn't on til next year. We just finished the first season thanks to Netflix and just caught up with season 2.

-I like Claire's old boyfriend better than this flying dude.
                      -I hated Claire's dad sooo much, and now I think he's sooo nerdy cute.
                      -When Hiro is happy, I'm happy! When Hiro is sad, I am sad. I want to be Hiro for Halloween. <3<3<3.
                      -Sylar creeps me out every freakin time I see him. And I dont think Candice is dead, either.
                      -I kinda liked Officer Parkman at first, but more and more, I find him annoying. Mohinder is starting to annoy me, too.

I had to giggle when I saw Ando in a McDonald's commercial. I was like omgggg he has the power of the Big Mac ... harharhar

Like Lost, Heroes leaves us with a ton of questions. I feel like we're torturing ourselves with tv or something

Comment

Re: &quot;Heroes&quot; - Season 2 on NBC

Originally posted by Kelly0040 View Post
                        Which one? Claire's sexually confused friend Zach or the waiter Andy who was a Zack Morris clone in the episode Five Years Gone?

-When Hiro is happy, I'm happy! When Hiro is sad, I am sad. I want to be Hiro for Halloween. <3<3<3.
                        On HT, every day is Halloween for me Hiro remains my favorite character.

-Sylar creeps me out every freakin time I see him. And I dont think Candice is dead, either.
                        I'm also inclined to think that she's not really dead. She had to have known that Sylar would try something like that. Also, it may not have been Candice in the first place. I believe the big villain, the one who has been killing the older Heroes, the one that Molly is afraid of, has access to multiple powers; illusion is probably one of them.
                        Last edited by Vanguard; October 11, 2007, 02:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Peshkwe View Post
                          TEKEZO KENSEI - (David Anders)

Any bets on whether Hiro takes over for his 'hero' becoming the Kensei of the legends causing Euro-Kensei (Anders) to get totally torqued and flip over to the big time dark side rather than stay on the small player opportunist side.

Kind of a mutant Hatfield and McCoys...the extreme edition.
                          BTW, it's TAKEZO ... like Musashi's name before he became the Miyamoto Musashi.
                          I think Hiro will tag along as Kensei's sidekick and only steps in when things go wrong, until Kensei is on the right history/legend track.
                          Last edited by helen; October 11, 2007, 06:44 PM. Reason: adding indent tags to fix the spoiler tags that followed the quote tags
                          Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

My husband and I finally got on the Heroes boat since Lost isn't on til next year. We just finished the first season thanks to Netflix and just caught up with season 2.

From season 1? He's more of a boy-buddy than a boyfriend. The kid actor got a new regular gig in FOX's midseason replacement The Sarah Connor Chronicle (a TV spin-off of the well-known Terminator film franchise).

-I hated Claire's dad sooo much, and now I think he's sooo nerdy cute.
                            He's still a wildcard.

Great. That's what I need, every "Hiros" showing up my door yelling "Yattai!"

-Sylar creeps me out every freakin time I see him.
                            If you think that's creepy, wait'll he do a sex tape.

Although it would be a lot better than Dustin Diamond's (aka Screech from Saved by the Bell).

-I kinda liked Officer Parkman at first, but more and more, I find him annoying. Mohinder is starting to annoy me, too.
                            They haven't gotten on my nerve yet. Sad to hear that Parkman is divorced though. But glad he stepped up to be Molly's guardian (or one of the two, Mohinder being the other).

Like Lost, Heroes leaves us with a ton of questions. I feel like we're torturing ourselves with tv or something
                            True, but it's much cheaper than those "dungeon" sessions ... um, so I've heard.
                            Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

For the episode aired 10/15/07.
                              1. Nathan seems to have some legal issues with his family.
                              2. Maya and Alejandro find Sylar lying on the road.
                              3. Matt and Nathan knows each other's power.
                              4. While Hiro's dad and Peter's parents knew one another, it seemed that Peter didn't know about the Nakamura's.
                              5. Matt's dad is part of the parent group of 12 and he is the one scaring Molly.
                              6. I only count 4 of the parent group that has passed away. Nathan's mom makes 5, Bob (Molindar's boss) is number 6 and Matt's dad is number 7. That leaves 5 people unaccounted for.

Comment

When did Mohinder and Parkman become a couple?

Comment

Working...
                                X