"Heroes" - Season 2 on NBC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: "Heroes" - Season 2 on NBC

Looks like 808shooter's guest is right. Now what really causes the plauge. The one that the company made or Maya's?

Comment

Originally posted by helen View Post
      Looks like 808shooter's guest is right. Now what really causes the plauge. The one that the company made or Maya's?
      I'm trying to remember the first two episodes of HEROES season 2, when Hiro met his idol Takezo Kensei for the first time. Did Takezo introduced his real name to Hiro?
      Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Tonight's episode tells show what really happened to Peter and Nathan and to DL. DL's passing was really bizzare, like he failed to phase out when the guy shot him.

Comment

I wondered about DL not phasing when he got shot as well. I guess he was just taken by surprise. But I somewhat expected Niki to revert to Jessica when that guy killed DL. I was glad to take a break from the cheerleader and flyboy. I don't understand how Claire could go from being self sufficient, cautious when she was waitressing and had a fiancee to being a bratty, reckless, rebellious teenager with a puppy love. I must have missed whatever caused the noticable reduction in maturity in Claire. But overall, the various side stories are tying in neatly into one overall plot.

Comment

The twins back story? Bo-ring! Alejandro's bride looked a little like Maya Maya's power must be the ability to bore people to tears. In that case, Alejandro's power would be to stop it by breaking to a commercial or transitioning to a more interesting Hero.

Instead of Maya y Alejandro, they should have used that air time to explain how Matt and Mohinder got together, or what happened to Sylar right after episode 1.23.

I hope DL's demise is only some obscure reference to him catching the virus. That death was so pointless. What's next? Hiro dying from falling cubicle walls?

Comment

Dunno if you all caught this...but there may be some hope for the show:

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20158840,00.html

Yet while Heroes has finally found some dramatic traction, this second volume is pretty much a wash. The Dec. 3 episode has been retooled to function as a potential season finale — a move inspired by the writers' strike and a desire to give the show ''a clean slate'' when it goes back into production for Volume 3. At that point, Kring wants to craft a rebooted Heroes that can attract new fans and win back those who've tuned out: ''The message is that we've heard the complaints — and we're doing something about it.''

Comment

Yeah, Tim Kring gets credit for basically owning up to the mess that's been Season Two so far. But I still don't know if it's enough to save the show. I mean, basically they've come to realize that they did not get the same audience that "LOST" did, and fans are not half as patient or willing to piece random pieces together.

But it's been a mess until now, with flashbacks and flashforwards and superfluous characters and scenes, and there are "only three more episodes" until the shocking finale that wasn't even supposed to be a finale. I suspect this batch, on balance, is an unmitigated disaster. And I don't know if folks will come back for the "retooled" show.

Comment

Originally posted by Adri View Post
                  I don't understand how Claire could go from being self sufficient, cautious when she was waitressing and had a fiancee to being a bratty, reckless, rebellious teenager with a puppy love. I must have missed whatever caused the noticable reduction in maturity in Claire.
                  Claire being a waitress and a fiancee was a flash forward to 5 years
                  after the Kirby Plaza incident where New York did explode.

Comment

I must be so cruel because I really do not like flyboy West. I can only handle one flyboy and that's Nathan Petrelli.

Of all the stories this season or thus far, I prefer Hiro's traveling back to meet his idol.

I have a feeling that we're going to see the main cast downsized. It worked in the first season, but now everyone have chosen their favorite hero and prefer to see more of their favorite being aired.

Comment

I'd like to see them add a hero with extraordinary intelligence - capable of comprehending the significance of every butterfly flutter. That person could be pursuing obtuse lines of action which culminate in show cruxes.

I guess it's too much to ask - the possibility that superintelligence might be a natural, evolutionary development. No, flying is much more plausible - who hasn't dreamed of it.

Persons with super powers lacking super intelligence we have already - they're heads of state and industry. Unfortunately, we rarely discover them to be heroes.
                      Last edited by salmoned; November 16, 2007, 07:50 AM.
                      May I always be found beneath your contempt.

Comment

Originally posted by salmoned View Post
                        I'd like to see them add a hero with extraordinary intelligence - capable of comprehending the significance of every butterfly flutter. That person could be pursuing obtuse lines of action which culminate in show cruxes.
                        Bring back a MacGyver genius?

How do you portray a super-genius without turning the audience off or make them fall asleep as he presents a page-long thesis presentation on butterfly flutter? Also not look like Professor Eppes in a rival network's TV series, NUMB3RS?

Comment

Originally posted by salmoned View Post
                          Intuitive Aptitude is Sylar's ability, and what disappoints me is that they don't show him using it for anything besides seeing people's abilities in their brains (to grab the ability for himself) and fixing Chandra Suresh's watch in "Six Months Ago".

And Charlie had didactic memory.

What I'd like to see is probability alteration. A lucky hero. If someone tries to shoot him, the gun will jam.

I really thought this was going to be Linderman's ability before it was revealed that he could heal.

Comment

Originally posted by Vanguard View Post
                            I really thought this was going to be Linderman's ability before it was revealed that he could heal.
                            Come to think of it, what episode did Linderman exhibited his power?

Comment

Originally posted by Random View Post
                              Come to think of it, what episode did Linderman exhibited his power?
                              .07%, episode 1.19.

Comment

Originally posted by Random View Post
                                Bring back a MacGyver genius?

How do you portray a super-genius without turning the audience off or make them fall asleep as he presents a page-long thesis presentation on butterfly flutter? Also not look like Professor Eppes in a rival network's TV series, NUMB3RS?
                                If MacGyver was a genius, why was he always dealing with 'crisis' situations? No, I think my ideal character would be pursuing apparently unrelated, mundane activities which would indirectly and propitiously affect the main characters at critical points in time. It's something we can all relate to, since we're all pursuing mundane activities most of the time [often with the objective of some future benefit in mind].
                                May I always be found beneath your contempt.

Comment

Working...
                                X