Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ramsay Kitchen Nightmares

Originally posted by InfinityProductions View Post
    At the same hotel I mentioned before, our department had to investigate some 'contracted' cleaners who were "caught" eatting out of the "slop" bin! Can you imagine? During their "interrogations" all they said was, "Sorry. We hungry, only from the top yeah?" Our solution? We welcomed them to eat with us in the employee cafeteria (for free), and promise to never eat from the bin again.
    That was nice of you guys. Yep...some people really are that hungry.

Okay, let's discuss JOSH and his supposed "Executive Chef" title prior to being casted on HK, but cracking like an egg during competition.
    What I remember most about Josh is his firing. I don't think I've ever seen GR go quite as ballistic as he did when he fired Josh. I think he knew Josh was a total phony. Looks like he absolutely despised the guy (fast forward to about 4:00):

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2l...-hells-kit_fun

Comment

HEY!! i just went to the FOX site. You can watch the entire episode of "Kitchen Nightmares" online.

DISCLAIMER: I do NOT sound like Tina. Really I don't. Really. Well, not any more. Not so much. Maybe. :eek

Cawfee, anyone?

http://www.fox.com/fod/player.htm?show=nightmare

BTW, I used to live about 15 minutes away from the featured restaurant.

Comment

We're DVRing tonight because, well NOE wins the remote control! So, give me till tomorrow afternoon and then we'll chit chat over our observations, disgusts, loves, and everything and anything we choose. Wonder if anyone else will join us?
        ___
        "Be god to each other."

Comment

I finally got to watch the first episode of Kitchen Nightmares -- I taped it -- and it was entertaining. The only gripe I have is the misleading promo, where I thought co-owner Peter was going after Gordon, but he was actually trying to pick a fight with a bill collector.

IMHO, I think they should rename their family restaurant to anything but Peter's.

Gonna have to watch it live tonight (I need to tape the series premiere episode of the Bionic Woman).
          Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Originally posted by Random View Post
            I finally got to watch the first episode of Kitchen Nightmares -- I taped it -- and it was entertaining. The only gripe I have is the misleading promo, where I thought co-owner Peter was going after Gordon, but he was actually trying to pick a fight with a bill collector.

IMHO, I think they should rename their family restaurant to anything but Peter's.

Gonna have to watch it live tonight (I need to tape the series premiere episode of the Bionic Woman).
            Welcome RANDOM! Okay, I'm going to not open this thread until AFTER I've watched the DVR some time tomorrow afternoon.
            ___
            "Be god to each other."

Comment

Finally able to get some tube time after standing in line at home for everyone else to catch up on their shows.

For some reason the Beta Fox On Demand isn't working too well in FF, so I'll wait to watch the first episode.

DILLON'S: OMB! How do they sleep at night knowing that they've fed people poison!? Of course, MARTIN came across as not only incompetent, but kinda creepy. I didn't find him appealing in any sort, and he bascially dug his own grave by quitting. He could have taken ownership of his action or lack thereof, but instead he tried manipulation by intimidation with Mohammed and well, RAMSAY called BULLSH*T and forced him to show his hand.

By the end of the show though, I was craving some of that Indian food. It's been nearly three years, last was some restaurant in Dallas, TX. Any restaurants here in Hawaii that serve authentic, modern Indian cuisine. Maybe I'm just hungry, but some curry sounds good right 'bout now.

And, why did the server attempt to defend MARTIN?
              ___
              "Be god to each other."

Comment

By the end of the show though, I was craving some of that Indian food. It's been nearly three years, last was some restaurant in Dallas, TX. Any restaurants here in Hawaii that serve authentic, modern Indian cuisine. Maybe I'm just hungry, but some curry sounds good right 'bout now.

And, why did the server attempt to defend MARTIN?
                I'm no expert and in fact got really sick after eating at a popular Indian restaurant in the University/Moiliili area.

Do a search for Indian here: http://onokinegrindz.typepad.com, or
                Here: http://www.wineanddinehawaii.com/ ... or
                Here: http://hawaiidiner.com/

Back OT -- Kitchen Nightmares is every bit as good as Hell's Kitchen, in a different way, I guess. It is terrifically entertaining! My teens and I watch the show and my 17-year-old daughter was BESIDE herself seeing Peter's "performance" during the first episode. We were so grossed out during the second show, but could not tune out. Boy that Martin really was a piece o' work, huh?

Yep. Put Gordon Ramsey on TV and we'll be watching. Were my DVR not so full of fall season premieres I have yet to watch and other shows I need to dump to DVD, I'd set it up to record Chef Ramsey's UK show on the Beebs.
                I know a lot less than what there is to be known.

Comment

Originally posted by Erika Engle View Post
                  I'm no expert and in fact got really sick after eating at a popular Indian restaurant in the University/Moiliili area.

Do a search for Indian here: http://onokinegrindz.typepad.com, or
                  Here: http://www.wineanddinehawaii.com/ ... or
                  Here: http://hawaiidiner.com/

Back OT -- Kitchen Nightmares is every bit as good as Hell's Kitchen, in a different way, I guess. It is terrifically entertaining! My teens and I watch the show and my 17-year-old daughter was BESIDE herself seeing Peter's "performance" during the first episode. We were so grossed out during the second show, but could not tune out. Boy that Martin really was a piece o' work, huh?

Yep. Put Gordon Ramsey on TV and we'll be watching. Were my DVR not so full of fall season premieres I have yet to watch and other shows I need to dump to DVD, I'd set it up to record Chef Ramsey's UK show on the Beebs.
                  Thank you, the third link was the most helpful and I didn't realize how many Indian cuisine restaurants there were. But, I am concerned 'bout the restaurant near University, is it still there? I don't want to come back and thread, "I GOT SICK FROM THE SAME RESTAURANT AS ERIKA, anyone else?"

Originally, I began watching DILLIONS during dinner the other night, and well the young girl was not having it! I know in Hawaii we have our "spots" that well, I've seen a cockroach running while slurping down my bowl of saimin and strangely enough I didn't think twice 'bout it. It's odd the things we learn about ourselves, while watching others in gross situations!
                  ___
                  "Be god to each other."

Comment

I think we can all agree that Martin was useless. But did you know that he actually had the audacity to SUE Gordon Ramsay?

http://www.buddytv.com/articles/kitc...aks-10011.aspx

I love Indian food. Back in NY we had a big staff residence apartment building behind the hospital. Lots of Indian doctors and their extended families lived there. As residents did rotations through our ICU (no, I am not talking about dancing although I am getting a humorous Bollywood visual here) they would often have their relatives bring in homemade Indian food to the unit. Smiling Indian grandmas, dressed in saris, delivering great stuff to their doc grandkids and us.

Samosas by the panful. I miss that work atmosphere. Not nearly as full of "aloha" here, IME. At least not as far as the docs are concerned.

And look, IP---we are no longer all alone in the world!

Comment

Yes WindwardOahuRN we do have a more viewers, and a celebrity too!

Just finished reading the link you provided, to quote RAMSAY, "God bless America, if the toilet paper is not thick enough and you come out with a rash on your a** [you'll get sued]." So true.

But, the article states that MARTIN was fired, but the episode showed him quitting?

His ego was bruised filing a lawsuit only makes him look, well, worse than he already did.

What has happened to taking ownership for your actions? It works. I've been on both ends of the situation.
                      ___
                      "Be god to each other."

Comment

Originally posted by WindwardOahuRN View Post
                        I think we can all agree that Martin was useless. But did you know that he actually had the audacity to SUE Gordon Ramsay?
                        Here's hoping the lawsuit will appear in Judge Judy.
                        Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

WEEK 3!

'Nother entertaining, and gratefully not gross episode! Difference between this episode and last? MIKE took ownership and applied change, MARTIN well he took the litigation route to find his face!

This episode really made us crave some of the dishes at MIXED BOWL. It just looked so appealing!

So, Tila Tequila's reality show is supposed to topple Kitchen Nightmare's ratings and following? I DVR so there's no conflict in schedule for me, and besides VH1 Marathons there shows...all the time!

Oh, one of the things we caught in the decor, round votive square candle very nice!
                          ___
                          "Be god to each other."

Comment

WEEK 3!

'Nother entertaining, and gratefully not gross episode! Difference between this episode and last? MIKE took ownership and applied change, MARTIN well he took the litigation route to find his face!

This episode really made us crave some of the dishes at MIXED BOWL. It just looked so appealing!
                            Just got a chance to look at the show.

Is Gordon going to be doing all these shows from the NY metro area? I know he has a restaurant in the city but I thought he was going to be bopping around the country.

I remember seeing this restaurant (my BIL lives in North Bellmore) in passing and I thought it was one of those take-out/catering places. I didn't even realize it was a full-blown restaurant.

Mike was a bit on the fragile side, no? I love the wife's comment: "this is why we have Xanax."

I also think GR was a tad unecessarily nasty, regarding the "gym" remarks. He looked rather terse in general in this episode. I wonder if it was filmed around the time he was having the troubles with his brother. Or maybe he was just in a pissy mood.

In the flashes of coming attractions I'm almost positive I see the wife of a guy who owned a diner we used to go to all the time. This show is kinda fun for me---two places so far that are in very familiar locations. I am getting the biggest laugh from the colloquialisms and the accents.

So what's on for tonight?

ADDENDUM: Just checked the website. Islip! My aunt lives in West Islip! This is getting to be too funny, for me anyway. Looks like Gordon is confining himself to whatever he can reach by taking the Long Island Rail Road from Manhattan.
                            Last edited by WindwardOahuRN; October 10, 2007, 02:44 PM.

Comment

Thank you, the third link was the most helpful and I didn't realize how many Indian cuisine restaurants there were. But, I am concerned 'bout the restaurant near University, is it still there? I don't want to come back and thread, "I GOT SICK FROM THE SAME RESTAURANT AS ERIKA, anyone else?"

erika's referring to maharani, i believe. eric has eaten there a handful of times, once with me, and enjoyed their food. so did i, in fact. i'd go again, without reservation.

on the other hand, our favorite indian food place is india cafe at kilohana square on kapahulu (menu at the link). we enjoy their dosai, samosas, naan, and curries. our fave is their wonderful lamb masala. if you think you like hot and spicy food, you must try the spicy eggplant. it is not all about the capsaicin--it's nuanced in flavor. it will definitely test your heat tolerance, unless you're among the echelon of spice eaters that can handle a raw habanero, seeds and all. it is, however, worth enjoying one bite at a time, each bite followed by a healthy swig (or the whole glass) of lassi.
                              superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Finally caught up on episodes, actually I was trying to watch it Thursday while NOE and I were having lunch, bad idea! We had to turn it off, and only had time this afternoon to watch again.

WindwardOahuRN I am so enjoying the tour of eateries in NY! You must love the accents, the scenery, the familiarity! It's almost as if it's a season catered all to you! I now it's not, but who cares we can declare it!

This week, PETER is weak! I knew that he had some issues with validation from his parents, and we cannot judge based on a few short minutes of insight, but it's time he took control, at the very least of himself. His posture, his assertiveness, his decision-making...c'mon PETAH fogidaboutit (I tried my NY accent!).

PESTO...I LOVE PESTO, but I can't even type the word without picturing the thick mold that was served to Chef Ramsay the day before! If you know GR is coming, CLEAN UP! But then again, it wouldn't be as interesting?

Once again, I had a craving for whatever was being served in this episode, fresh sea bass, salmon, surf 'n turf...yes, yes, yes and crab cakes too please!

Where are we going to next? And, do you have a little story behind it too. I know I could check, but I'll wait it's more exciting when I know you either lived down the street or your Aunty is right 'round the corner. Till then WindwardOahuRN...
                                ___
                                "Be god to each other."

Comment

Working...
                                X