Ramsay Kitchen Nightmares

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ramsay Kitchen Nightmares

I just nearly died laughing after watching the new Ramsay Kitchen Nightmares show featuring USA locations. I DVR'd the show---it airs on Wednesday nights here, FOX channel.

The first show was about a restaurant in Babylon, Long Island, NY. Deja vu to the max.

Tiki, I think you would understand.

Re: Ramsay Kitchen Nightmares

Ahh man, I missed it! We watched Hell's Kitchen religiously this past season, and were looking forward to this series. Hopefully, as with HK, they'll replay the previous episode. Thanks for the reminder!
    ___
    "Be god to each other."

Comment

Originally posted by InfinityProductions View Post
      Ahh man, I missed it! We watched Hell's Kitchen religiously this past season, and were looking forward to this series. Hopefully, as with HK, they'll replay the previous episode. Thanks for the reminder!
      Well, if you're looking for an Introduction to Long Island Life 101, here's your ticket.

And some wonder why I left....

Comment

Originally posted by WindwardOahuRN View Post
        Well, if you're looking for an Introduction to Long Island Life 101, here's your ticket.

And some wonder why I left....
        It's not so much the location of the restaurant, but (please don't come to Hawaii ) just Chef himself.
        ___
        "Be god to each other."

Comment

It's not so much the location of the restaurant, but (please don't come to Hawaii ) just Chef himself.
          I love the British version too. A bit different than the US version---I don't think Gordon said "bullocks" even once on the American episode.

Comment

I love the British version too. A bit different than the US version---I don't think Gordon said "bullocks" even once on the American episode.
            We've never seen the british version, does it air here in Hawaii? Or would we need satellite cable? No sat cab, only OTWC.

We've set our DVR for this Wednesday.
            ___
            "Be god to each other."

Comment

We've never seen the british version, does it air here in Hawaii? Or would we need satellite cable? No sat cab, only OTWC.

We have Oceanic Time Warner digital cable. Gordon's British "Kitchen Nightmare" episodes are replayed frequently on the BBCA channel. It's channel 341 here in Kailua.

Here is the BBCA schedule. I see quite a few "Nightmare" listings:

http://tvlistings.zap2it.com/tvlisti...channelCnt=103

Comment

We have Oceanic Time Warner digital cable. Gordon's British "Kitchen Nightmare" episodes are replayed frequently on the BBCA channel. It's channel 341 here in Kailua.

Comment

Thank you so much, we're gonna program now...can't get enough of Chef Ramsay 'eh, yes?, and all his explosive expletitives. But, notice how he's so warm and caring outside of the kitchen?

I've worked in the hotel industry, and have been able to observe the culinary art, in fact once I was "assigned" to watch over and make sure there was no fighting!

And, I also noticed how we have our own thread!
                  ___
                  "Be god to each other."

Comment

Thank you so much, we're gonna program now...can't get enough of Chef Ramsay 'eh, yes?, and all his explosive expletitives. But, notice how he's so warm and caring outside of the kitchen?

I've worked in the hotel industry, and have been able to observe the culinary art, in fact once I was "assigned" to watch over and make sure there was no fighting!

And, I also noticed how we have our own thread!
                    Why yes we do.

::HIGH FIVE:::

Back to Gordon Ramsay--it seems his brother has also been in the spotlight lately:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main...wramsay113.xml

Comment

Why yes we do.

::HIGH FIVE:::

Back to Gordon Ramsay--it seems his brother has also been in the spotlight lately:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main...wramsay113.xml
                      RR is displaying textbook addict behavior in pointing the finger at everyone else. Seems that Chef Ramsay, and possibly the rest of the family was forced into "tough love" mode. It's a lonely time for the addict, however the choice is continue on the path of denial or brutal honesty, and plug in to treatment.

The Ramsays are no different than many other families out there in the world, but I'm grateful that my family news are limited to what I choose to blog!

Did you watch this past season of HK? JULIA really disappointed me. I cheered for her the entire way, until she allowed her emotions and insecurities to overcome her judgement and actions. If I were the least bit interested in the culinary arts, well as a creator and not just a consumer I would be totally grateful to Chef for providing my tuition.

:::HIGH FIVES::: RIGHT BACK!
                      ___
                      "Be god to each other."

Comment

From what I understand GR and his Mom are at their ends of their ropes regarding RR.

And Julia? I loved that waffle house scrapper UNTIL the end---where she should have been gracious and classy she instead turned petty and petulant. If she had just controlled herself she definitely would have been a "winner" even though she lost the competition. GR praised her and said he'd give her a culinary school scholarship. She had ALREADY won big, compared to how he treated many of the other losing contestants.

A little while after the show ended I read a brief interview where Julia whined about "not seein' any money yet," in reference to the promised tuition. Sheesh.

I guess you can take the girl out of the waffle house but you can't take the waffle house of the girl. Sad, when she could have gone out as such a shining star.

But the all-time Mother of All HK Contestants had to be Aaron. Good Lord. Was he the oddest thing you'd ever seen in a chef's hat??

The collapse was stunningly dramatic. Very weird but made for some great TV.

Comment

From what I understand GR and his Mom are at their ends of their ropes regarding RR.

And Julia? I loved that waffle house scrapper UNTIL the end---where she should have been gracious and classy she instead turned petty and petulant. If she had just controlled herself she definitely would have been a "winner" even though she lost the competition. GR praised her and said he'd give her a culinary school scholarship. She had ALREADY won big, compared to how he treated many of the other losing contestants.

A little while after the show ended I read a brief interview where Julia whined about "not seein' any money yet," in reference to the promised tuition. Sheesh.

I guess you can take the girl out of the waffle house but you can't take the waffle house of the girl. Sad, when she could have gone out as such a shining star.

But the all-time Mother of All HK Contestants had to be Aaron. Good Lord. Was he the oddest thing you'd ever seen in a chef's hat??

The collapse was stunningly dramatic. Very weird but made for some great TV.
                          JULIA sheesh is right, hopefully she has found some gratitude in her soul for at the very least...NETWORKING! Can she not see that she needed the schooling? She certainly has(d) the passion to aspire and achieve, but she really did need to know if fried chicken should go on the menu at Green Valley or not.

AARON...wait, I had to call NOE over to read and laugh with me. Okay, can you say HOLY BLEEPING COWS?! As an RN do you think, based on the clips that we saw of him, his diagnosis was more 'psychological' than 'physical'? He was great for reality tv, but take a closer look at the fall, slow it down like we did (over and over again ) it seems like just before his knees buckle, he looks back.
                          ___
                          "Be god to each other."

Comment

AARON...wait, I had to call NOE over to read and laugh with me. Okay, can you say HOLY BLEEPING COWS?! As an RN do you think, based on the clips that we saw of him, his diagnosis was more 'psychological' than 'physical'? He was great for reality tv, but take a closer look at the fall, slow it down like we did (over and over again ) it seems like just before his knees buckle, he looks back.
                            I've erased the episode but it's hard to say whether Aaron's problems were physical, psychological, or perhaps a combination of both. The crying jags, the decompensation when stressed, the "mini blackouts." Suffice it to say he was not a rock under pressure.

I tend to think he was a major whack job with maybe some anxiety-induced physical symptoms? Or a major whack job who was faking physical symptoms?

I'm not a physician, I just play one on HT.

Well at least he didn't retrieve a pile of spaghetti from the trash and serve it to customers. I cannot believe that GR did not totally thrash Jen for doing that! UGH!!!

Comment

I've erased the episode but it's hard to say whether Aaron's problems were physical, psychological, or perhaps a combination of both. The crying jags, the decompensation when stressed, the "mini blackouts." Suffice it to say he was not a rock under pressure.

I tend to think he was a major whack job with maybe some anxiety-induced physical symptoms? Or a major whack job who was faking physical symptoms?

I'm not a physician, I just play one on HT.

Well at least he didn't retrieve a pile of spaghetti from the trash and serve it to customers. I cannot believe that GR did not totally thrash Jen for doing that! UGH!!!
                              At the same hotel I mentioned before, our department had to investigate some 'contracted' cleaners who were "caught" eatting out of the "slop" bin! Can you imagine? During their "interrogations" all they said was, "Sorry. We hungry, only from the top yeah?" Our solution? We welcomed them to eat with us in the employee cafeteria (for free), and promise to never eat from the bin again.

Okay, let's discuss JOSH and his supposed "Executive Chef" title prior to being casted on HK, but cracking like an egg during competition.
                              ___
                              "Be god to each other."

Comment

Working...
                              X