NBC's "Chuck"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NBC's "Chuck"

I caught wind of this new show from the various slews of previews at the theater I was at before the movie I went to see started soooo from what I saw looked interesting and was gonna keep an eye out for this new show its first episode before the long awaited saga of Heroes Season 2 that follows afterwards.........

OK to sum up the show is aaaaaaaaaaaaaaah a "C-" perhaps
    Kinda "Innerspace" like to some degree. The reviews panned it saying it would be suprising if they fullfill a season.

Re: NBC's "Chuck"

I was going to pass on this series but I noticed that Adam Baldwin is in it. Worth another look at it next week.

Comment

We watched an episode on the flight over actually. Perhaps it was that it was something to watch that I found it slightly enjoyable, but I am not really the sitcom type...I dunno, the AF seems into it, so I am sure I will be exposed to it either way.
      flickr

An email from God:
      To: People of Earth
      Date: 9/04/2007
      Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
      God

Comment

It started off slow, but surprisingly I enjoyed it. I didn't think I was going to.

Not sure how long they'll be able to play on this storyline, though.
        Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
        We're not here to mess around
        Boston, you know we love you madly
        Hear the crowd roar to your sound
        Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
        You know we couldn't live without you
        Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

I had high expectations for this show because of all the hype. Started off way slow but got increasingly amusing. Jury's still out though if I'll watch again next week. Maybe I'll give it one more try. It was rather silly -- but I guess that's what it was supposed to be.
          So long...and thanks for all the fish!

Comment

Tonight's episode had a scene where Chuck reveals what is stored in his brain. One of those things that Chuck has in his brain is how Oceanic Flight 815 crashed.

Comment

Fun shoutout, especially since its a cross-network reference.

We watched the pilot of "Chuck" early via Amazon Unbox and TiVo. I was skeptical, even though I'm definitely part of the target demographic, but I found myself enjoying it more than I thought I would. Zachary Levi is surprisingly good as the hapless everyman, and his sidekick Morgan (Joshua Gomez) is fun. I'm also a big fan of Adam Baldwin (John Casey), who was awesome and hilarious on "Firefly."

The story so far is completely implausible, but that's never stopped anyone before. And the little clever asides and not-so-subtle jabs at brands and pop culture are just right. For a sitcom.

A lot of geeks grumble about the ridiculousness of the computer jargon and fake UIs used in the show, but frankly, I think it's done tongue in cheek, a la "The Net" (which was, by contrast, unintentionally bad). It's the action and effects that I'm curious about. They certainly can't sustain the pyrotechnics and car chases that kicked the series off, so the characters will have to step up.

Comment

Starting credits for the show is kind of decent. Did like the fight between Sarah and the villian.

Comment

Based on earlier comments here, I watched tonight's episode and, also like earlier comments here, enjoyed it a little more than I expected to.
                  It's not on my "Must See Every Week" list, but I'll probably check it every now and then to see if it can sustain.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Several weeks in, and "Chuck" has sprinted well past "Heroes" as the highlight of Monday night's line-up. Several strong, funny, witty episodes have me in love with all the characters, and the Buy More.

In tonight's episode, the assistant manager from hell, Harry Tang, ends up moving to Hawaii. Too bad. His was a fun character!

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
                      In tonight's episode, the assistant manager from hell, Harry Tang, ends up moving to Hawaii. Too bad.
                      Yeah, for us living in Hawai'i.
                      Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Originally posted by helen View Post
                        Did like the fight between Sarah and the villian.
                        Oh, yeah. Especially when the villain is a hot female, and Sarah in her Weinerlicious uniform.
                        Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Originally posted by pzarquon View Post
                          Several weeks in, and "Chuck" has sprinted well past "Heroes" as the highlight of Monday night's line-up. Several strong, funny, witty episodes have me in love with all the characters, and the Buy More.

In tonight's episode, the assistant manager from hell, Harry Tang, ends up moving to Hawaii. Too bad. His was a fun character!

I didn't think I'd get into "Chuck," but I have to say that I, too, am hooked. For a cast of virtual unknowns, they're doing a great job. Same with the writing. Hilarious!
                          Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
                          We're not here to mess around
                          Boston, you know we love you madly
                          Hear the crowd roar to your sound
                          Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
                          You know we couldn't live without you
                          Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

Count me in too as being another one who kinda got hooked on the show.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Hubby and I watch this one, too....

All because we're both techie geek nerds and he used to be Chuck minus the CIA/FBI madness.... worked at a Circuit City PC Home Install with the car thing -- prior to them going to "Fire Dog" -- he can REALLY relate to the lifestyle of the retail computer world.

At first Chuck just reminded me of Jim from The Office... but it's an interesting show. I applaud it for trying something wayyyyyyyyyyyyy out of da box
                              ~Aloha! Christina~
                              Greek by heritage, Australian by birth, American by chance, Hawaiian at heart.

Comment

Working...
                              X