Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Hawaii Superferry - Chapter 6

Default Re: Hawaii Superferry - Chapter 6

Quote Originally Posted by zztype View Post
    The HSF will make quite a bit of noise in the water, too. Anything that size will put out a significant sound signature which will carry for miles out to sea. When the HSF starts running, any biologics will have plenty of advance notice as to its presence.
    Right on Web Masta (Blaine)!

I salute you!!

Auntie Lynn
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Quote Originally Posted by 1stwahine View Post
    Right on Web Masta (Blaine)!

I salute you!!

Auntie Lynn
    *Waves Hi!* to Auntie Lynn
    Make trouble, have fun, do good stuffs.

ZZ, information from someone with your experience and background is certainly much more credible than the braying from 3000 miles away. It's a case of NO CONTEST!

I'm glad the Advertiser is finally doing some real investigative reporting on this onion called HSF. Unfortunately, the more layers of that onion you peel, the more hauna the smell becomes. It'll be interesting to see the documents that the newspaper is trying to obtain from MARAD.

Another interesting little story in this morning's Advertiser that most people probably overlooked was one in the Transportation section detailing any plans the Army might have to use HSF to transport Stryker vehicles, as the anti-HSF folks have said would definitely happen. Perhaps they misinterpreted the DoD's comments like these:

The Army's manager for the Stryker brigade said last night there are no plans to move the combat vehicles between O'ahu and the Big Island on Hawaii Superferry but said the Army could consider the ferry as a commercial contractor in the future.

Ron Borne, transformation manager for U.S. Army Garrison, Hawai'i, said combat vehicles would be moved from O'ahu to the Big Island for training primarily on military transport vessels or commercial barges such as Young Brothers. He said the Superferry could conceivably bid for such work if it becomes available but is not now part of the Stryker brigade operations.

...Borne said he had heard comments that Superferry would like to move the Stryker brigade, which he believed were made in the context of strengthening the Superferry's perceived value and utility.

"I won't say that we would never use it, if it was available, but the Stryker issue doesn't depend on it," Borne said.
    So if HSF can't be commercially viable, they conceivably could be used to transport Stryker vehicles between Honolulu and Pohakuloa.

Miulang
    Last edited by Miulang; October 4th, 2007 at 01:51 PM.
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like. --Mark Twain

Angry Re: Hawaii Superferry - Chapter 6

Quote Originally Posted by Miulang View Post
    I'm glad the Advertiser is finally doing some real investigative reporting on this onion called HSF. Unfortunately, the more layers of that onion you peel, the more hauna the smell becomes. It'll be interesting to see the documents that the newspaper is trying to obtain from MARAD.
    Well, that's tweaking the article waaaaaaay out of perspective. The "documents" you mention are documents between the National Marine Fisheries Service, the Marine Mammal Commission, and the federal Maritime Administration (MARAD). There was absolutly NOTHING in the article mentioning seeking any documents from the SuperFerry folks. Zip, zilch, nada, NOTHING. Yet the "onion" comments boldfaced above imply otherwise.
    In my ever-so-humble opinion, your post flagrantly and intentionally MISREPRESENTS the entire point of the article.

If that kind of endlessly continuing, false and misleading nonsense isn't considered disruptive and offensive to the other members of HT, then I can't imagine what is.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Exclamation Re: Hawaii Superferry - Chapter 6

This topic is taking a vacation. Please check back again later.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789