Favorite "Educational" TV show(s)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Favorite "Educational" TV show(s)

When my oldest was little PBS had a show called Wishbone about a Jack Russell terrier who would act out famous books. We had some great bonding moments over that show.

Currently I (actually we both) like Mythbusters and had a slight addiction to Ice Road Truckers - although I'm not sure if that's educational. I guess it did teach me that I don't want to live in northern Canada

I'll also admit to the guilty pleasure of watching Dogfights on The History Channel.
    "The children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise. Children are now tyrants, not the servants of their households. They no longer rise when elders enter the room. They contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up dainties at the table, cross their legs, and tyrannize their teachers."
    Socrates.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob P View Post
      When my oldest was little PBS had a show called Wishbone about a Jack Russell terrier who would act out famous books. We had some great bonding moments over that show.

I loved Wishbone! I thought it was neat that the stories he re-enacted drew parallels with what was going on in "real life" with his master and family. The dog who played Wishbone, Soccer, died in 2001.

Comment

That's so sad! My daughter had a little stuffed Wishbone - actually I think it's still in her room someplace (she's 18 now LOL). I just remember the dog as The Count of Monte Christo holding a little sword in his mouth

I liked how they paralleled it too, I think it made the actual books more approachable for the kids. I do know that show caused my daughter to read some of those books once she was older.
        "The children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise. Children are now tyrants, not the servants of their households. They no longer rise when elders enter the room. They contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up dainties at the table, cross their legs, and tyrannize their teachers."
        Socrates.

Comment

Anybody remember Mr. Wizard's World? I use to love that show when i was a kid.

website - http://www.brianhancock.com
          blog - http://blog.brianhancock.com

Comment

Working...
          X