Love Kaua'i

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Love Kaua'i

Going on my third month living on Kaua’i, far exceeding my expectations. Of course there are challenges, (just killed another centipede in my yard today~and had to get the "bee guy" to drive the bees out of the roof) but all in all I'm loving it! Had kind of a difficult time slowing down and getting into the rhythm of life here but it’s all falling into place. As far as cost of living I can not believe how much less money I’m spending here compared to what it was costing me in SF. Of course most people I know here grow food and are more than willing to share so the cost of food is almost nothing. (Got lot’s of honey from the “bee guy, apparently they were quite busy while living in my roof.) Had kind of a difficult time getting on line until I realized I could connect to my neighbors high speed internet with my router. (Internet card was useless because of the location.) Got real neurotic about rust and my car but just had it rust proofed by the Honda dealer so it’s all good. So glad I took the risk and made the move.
    "When you dance there are two of you, your spiritual self and your physical self. The spirit has to dance." ~ Aunty Mae Ulalia Loebenstein

Re: Love Kaua'i

Aloha Greentara! I going ask the question.

How do you feel about the Super Ferry?

Auntie Lynn
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
      Aloha Greentara! I going ask the question.

How do you feel about the Super Ferry?

Auntie Lynn
      You know Auntie at first I didn’t really have an opinion but the longer I’m here the more I’m against it. This is such a pristine environment and I have seen such polluted environments in my life time I’m starting to feel kind of protective. For instance ~ Yea, I want to go to Hawaii Island to visit my sister, (I know it doesn’t go there yet but just hypothetically speaking) but I would be willing to make the sacrifice and fly and rent a car to keep less motorized vehicles out of the water. I really haven’t formed a steadfast opinion, and I wasn’t one of the protesters but my gut just tells me it just not the right thing to do. The issue of cars not being inspected really bothers me and the traffic is already a challenge in Kapaa where I live. I value your opinion how do you feel about it as someone that was born and raised here?
      "When you dance there are two of you, your spiritual self and your physical self. The spirit has to dance." ~ Aunty Mae Ulalia Loebenstein

Comment

Thank you for answering my question dear. My opinion as well as the others are on the Super Ferry Thread. Like I said there, my roots goes way back on Kauai. I love and respect the Garden Island. In fact, my grandfather, uncle and aunt are buried in the Koloa Catholic Burial Site. I also have other relatives buried on Kauai.

Auntie Lynn
        Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
        Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Duh I realized that there was probably a huge thread on “SuperFerry” after I posted I’ve been off line for awhile. I also have a great respect for this land and give thanks everyday that I live here. Listening and learning from the locals every opportunity I get, finding lots of love ~ aloha ~ and wisdom here.

Comment

I have a cousin that used to live in Kekaha, in the Barking Sands area. Beautiful Beach. The few times that we visited her there were great.

What area is the best for jobs? Everytime I went there we always went straight from Lihue to the other side, and I never really saw the rest of the island...

Comment

Originally posted by waiz4kooks View Post
              I have a cousin that used to live in Kekaha, in the Barking Sands area. Beautiful Beach. The few times that we visited her there were great.

What area is the best for jobs? Everytime I went there we always went straight from Lihue to the other side, and I never really saw the rest of the island...
              depends on the type of job. huge difference between areas.

and from Lihue to what other side?
              Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

Lihue to Kekaha...I remember it being quite the drive. If I ever lived there I would like to live in Kekaha.

Comment

Originally posted by waiz4kooks View Post
                  Lihue to Kekaha...I remember it being quite the drive. If I ever lived there I would like to live in Kekaha.
                  Most jobs are in the Lihue area, haven't had a problem finding a job, the pay is much lower than I'm used to but that's the price one pays to live on this Island. Barking Sands is magnificent, was there the other day watching the sun set~.I live in Kapaa a fairly central location for both sides of the Island, but with the price of gas you may want to be somewhere closer to Lihue. Unless you are independently wealthy and don’t have to be concerned about such things a location.

Comment

(sings)
                    Maika'i wale no Kaua'i.
                    Hemolele wale i ka malie.
                    Kuahiwi nani Wai'ale'ale,
                    Lei ana i ka mokihana!
                    'Alika

Comment

Working...
                    X