"Pushing Dasies" - ABC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Pushing Dasies" - ABC

Looks like this amusing and entertaining new show on ABC is worth coming back for seconds and thirds..........

Show swings right into the main character and the gift he posesses with some good and hate to say bad that is gonna live with him for the rest of his life....

To sum up the show I see it as Tim Burton meets Six Feet Under

Re: "Pushing Dasies" - ABC

Originally posted by DannyWilliams View Post

To sum up the show I see it as Tim Burton meets Six Feet Under
    Ditto on the Six Feet Under, but it seemed very Willie Wonka-ish at certain points of the show.

I missed the first 20 minutes of it, but I got into it immediately. I'm a big Kristin Chenoweth fan too. This is definitely my favorite new show this season.
    Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
    We're not here to mess around
    Boston, you know we love you madly
    Hear the crowd roar to your sound
    Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
    You know we couldn't live without you
    Tessie, you are the only only only

Comment

_Pushing Daisies_ (not "dasies&quot

I saw it too and thought it was okay. Barry Sonnenfeld's interview on Letterman the other night got me interested enough to give it a shot.
      But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
      GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

I think I'm going to be watching episodes of this new show, and I know if it is a success, won't interfere with "Lost" which is on the same network which may come back on the same night. And it reminded me of a brightly lit Tim Burton movie.... kind of like Edward Scissorhands and Big Fish.

Watch that and the ratings and see how it goes.
        I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Most promising new show this season, as far as I'm concerned. It was different enough to be interesting, and quirky enough to be entertaining. Like any show, I'll have to give it a few episodes, but I'm really optimistic about this one.

Comment

My boyfriend keeps bugging me to see this show, and my sister's interested in it, as well. The first episode will be airing again tonight at 8, and it looks interesting enough, so I'll give it a shot. The full episode's also online at abc.com.

Comment

Even though I taped the first episode (I tend to tape shows I like), I watched and it's pretty good for my taste (I have a macabre sense of humor). It's a quirky show but it has that old-fashioned romance element in it.

Oh, and don't say the name of the guy's bakery out loud.
              Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Originally posted by liberty View Post
                My boyfriend keeps bugging me to see this show, and my sister's interested in it, as well. The first episode will be airing again tonight at 8, and it looks interesting enough, so I'll give it a shot. The full episode's also online at abc.com.
                thanks for the info. i missed it but having it available online is so smart and cool. mahalo.
                525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

Originally posted by shaveice View Post
                  thanks for the info. i missed it but having it available online is so smart and cool. mahalo.
                  No problem!

The encore presentation of the first episode of "Pushing Daisies" actually aired at 7 pm here (not at 8). I loved the quirkiness, the unconventional premise, the narration... it'd be interesting to see where this goes.

Comment

Originally posted by liberty View Post
                    No problem!

I loved the quirkiness, the unconventional premise, the narration...

For those that listen to the AUDIO Books of The Harry Potter series thats Jim Dale narrating the show. Something about that guys voice just makes whats being presented 10X better IMO. I immediately zeroed right onto his voice when I heard it when the main character as a boy running down with his dog and they are coming across a road and the dog runs ahead of the boy and ...............

Comment

Re: _Pushing Daisies_ (not "dasies&quot

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
                      I saw it too and thought it was okay. Barry Sonnenfeld's interview on Letterman the other night got me interested enough to give it a shot.
                      I love watching Barry Sonnenfeld on interviews. He's a riot.

I thought the show was pretty good. Loved the visuals, quirky characters, actors. I may take in another episode or two, but I don't know if I'll continue watching. I think it would have been better as a movie.

Comment

OK we all know that Pushing Daisies got cancelled in November but ABC is now airing the three remaining episodes that were already in the can when the axe fell. One aired last week on May 30th and the other two follow on June 6 and 13.

My daughter and I LOVE this show! We are BIG Kristin Chenoweth fans and loved that in the episode on Saturday, she sang "Hello" (originally by Lionel Richie). I hope she sings again in both the remaining episodes!
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4ch_Lp50jU

I think it would have been better as a movie.
                        Kristen Chenoweth has hinted that a movie could be in the works. She says that the show's finale does leave a few questions unanswered and creator Bryan Fuller had an idea for wrapping it up on the big screen.
                        http://broadwayworld.com/article/ABC...t_530_20090530
                        Toku toa, he toa rangatira ~ He whakatauki
                        My bravery is inherited from the chiefs who were my forebears ~ Maori whakatauki

Comment

Working...
                        X