Flower: Queen Of The Meerkats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flower: Queen Of The Meerkats

I saw the trailer for this movie and can't wait. The show is not the same without her.
    Attached Files
    Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
    Flickr

Re: Flower: Queen Of The Meerkats

So I guess their splicing all the Meerkat Manors together to make a movie. It'll be good no doubt about it, and it doesn't have a happy ending.

She was killed by a cobra on an episode of Meerkat Manor last week trying to protect her babies.

Will definitely get this once it comes out on DVD.... cheaper than buying all the seasons of the program I hope.
    I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

It seems to be more than splicing together all the TV shows....
      Flower: Queen of the Meerkats traces Flower's evolution from a young inexperienced meerkat into a remarkable leader who puts her family above all in the fight for survival in one of the harshest deserts on the planet. Moviegoers will witness Flower's growth as she raises her family and forges a legacy amidst the unforgiving landscape and constant dangers of the Kalahari.
      They seem to be documenting her from a pup to her death.
      Filmed on location in the Kalahari, Flower: Queen of the Meerkats was created by the same team that produced Meerkat Manor. In addition to Flower's tale, the film captures never-before-seen vantage points of these unique animals using cameras attached to helicopters and "meerkam" technology with underground camera systems specially designed to view the meerkats in their burrows.

"Flower: Queen of the Meerkats will bring to the big screen an unforgettable tale of heartbreak and joy that is as dramatic and powerful as any story from the human world," said Clark Bunting, President of Discovery Films. "Through this film, which will offer new characters, rich storylines and never-before-seen moments, moviegoers will discover what millions of viewers around the planet already love about this unparalleled and unflinching look at life deep in the African desert."
      source
      Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
      Flickr

Comment

Since Flower's untimely death I was thinking why did the producers let the snake go into the burrow knowing that Flower would more than likely try to save her pups. I am sure no production company would want their leading lady to die on set!

I mean if that snake turned around and try to bite the cameraman, I'm sure someone nearby would have a weapon to defend the human....

OK, yes, I undertand the bigger picture behind the meerkat films is ongoing research... but er... um.....

I'm quite confident that the Flower film will be just as good or even better than the regular series. So yes, I am sure they have like thousands of hours of footage to go through and find the best cuts and edit them altogether to make a self contained story centered around Flower's life. The sad thing is that we all know what her ending will be and will already have insight to her family's future as we continue watching the regular series.

Although it will be interesting to see stuff about the other meerkats in the Whiskers family and elsewhere.
        I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Interesting news! There was a mention in "the" episode that they had tracked Flower and the family for four years, yet "Meerkat Manor" is currently on its third season. Good to hear that footage presumably from the first year of Flower's life will be put to good use.

Comment

Sadly, Flower's daughter Mozart has also died, the victim of a probable jackal attack.

With Mozart, the cause of death was uncertain -- it was likely that she fell prey one night to a passing jackal, the show's narrator intones -- but viewers are shown her lifeless body, if from a tasteful distance. Although one meerkat looks much like another, the producers mark each animal with a strategically placed spot of hair dye to tell them apart.

All is not lost, however. Fans of the show are likely to see more of Flower, and perhaps Mozart, in a feature film, 'Queen of the Kalahari,' tentatively scheduled for release next year.
            Miulang
            Last edited by Miulang; October 28, 2007, 10:56 AM.
            "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Who knew that a ten year study of meerkats would be such a popular (and I'm sure lucrative) source of entertainment? Other than the folks who decided to try it, of course

In the first season, I wondered if some soft hearted researcher actually saved Shakespeare because we didn't see him die or see his dead body. It must be hard to just watch and not intervene especially for the ep where the baby meerkat got lost and died. It would have been so easy to just pick it up and put it back among the meerkats.

Comment

Working...
              X