Clear All

• Re: Hawaii Superferry - Chapter 7

Heh....

http://www.ratical.org/many_worlds/6...APSnEoD87.html

http://www.ratical.org/many_worlds/6Nations/

http://www.ratical.org/many_worlds/6.../DatingIC.html

Comment

Again, my point is not that Indians do not have a right to exist as "tribes" or "tribal nations" or whatever. Indians obviously were in North America before and white men showed up and obviously had their own structure and culture.

My only point is that what ever Indians were, Hawaiians were equal and more. More to the extent that they were absolutely unique. No 200 tribes or factions living in Hawaii. One people. One culture. One language. One government.

More also because Hawaiian quickly incorporated western governing ways so that they were equivalent to any other sovereign country.

Indians don't need to defend their soverignty in the same way Hawaiians do. they got their reservations. They got their gambling. They got their fishing rights.

Hawaiians have nothing beyond being the ward of the state.

Comment

how did this get off topic? tribes and superferry ? thats a stretch
        the bigger the government the smaller the citizen.

Comment

• Originally posted by escondido100 View Post
          how did this get off topic? tribes and superferry ? thats a stretch
          No no. all related. See the plantation asian tribes and the superferry are similar to the Native American indian tribe. Plus, since the superferry is beyond the 3 mile international limit, they can also provide gambling just like the Indians. Not to mention, oh I forget.

CHALLENGE: Find a pro-superferry comment made in public over the last 2 months by a Plantation Asian Democrat.

Anybody????

Comment

Originally posted by kamuelakea View Post
            Again, my point is not that Indians do not have a right to exist as "tribes" or "tribal nations" or whatever. Indians obviously were in North America before and white men showed up and obviously had their own structure and culture.
            Yup, jus like the Hawaiian did before the Euros showed up.

My only point is that what ever Indians were, Hawaiians were equal and more. More to the extent that they were absolutely unique. No 200 tribes or factions living in Hawaii. One people. One culture. One language. One government.
            On a smaller chunk of land in the middle of the ocean with about a hundred years more to be on their own without interference to develop than the folks over this way did. It's all about the timing. And factions? What was that whole unification thing about folks being dumped off the Pali about eh?

More also because Hawaiian quickly incorporated western governing ways so that they were equivalent to any other sovereign country.
            Again it's about the timing and a different tact being used rather than the stomp and conquer dance.

Indians don't need to defend their soverignty in the same way Hawaiians do. they got their reservations. They got their gambling. They got their fishing rights.
            BWAHAHAHA.....BUH!

http://www.indiancountry.com/content.cfm?id=1096415886

Hawaiians have nothing beyond being the ward of the state.
            Really now? Showing your throat that easily?

Who's a goot boy! Can ya roll over like a goot pup so I can scratch yer belly? Got a pretty red bouncy ball for you...don't mind the dangly leather straps on the sides

Comment

http://tinyurl.com/23cs4w
              Right Whales, Right of Way
              Make trouble, have fun, do good stuffs.

Comment

Originally posted by kamuelakea View Post
                No no. all related. See the plantation asian tribes and the superferry are similar to the Native American indian tribe. Plus, since the superferry is beyond the 3 mile international limit, they can also provide gambling just like the Indians. Not to mention, oh I forget.

CHALLENGE: Find a pro-superferry comment made in public over the last 2 months by a Plantation Asian Democrat.

Anybody????
                You have to wonder why Sen. Inouye has been surprisingly silent about all of this, since he was one of the initial proponents of HSF and even helped get some big bucks thrown into the HSF pot. Why isn't he saying anything about going to Congress to see if there's a way to help out HSF on the federal side with postponement of the first MARAD loan payment? He has a lot of seniority in the Senate (and the clout) where he should be able to do something on the federal level.

Miulang
                "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang View Post
                  You have to wonder why Sen. Inouye has been surprisingly silent about all of this, since he was one of the initial proponents of HSF and even helped get some big bucks thrown into the HSF pot. Why isn't he saying anything about going to Congress to see if there's a way to help out HSF on the federal side with postponement of the first MARAD loan payment? He has a lot of seniority in the Senate (and the clout) where he should be able to do something on the federal level.

Because there's nothing for him to gain from this. He may have been a war hero but years of back office politics has corrupted him. There should be a limit on number of terms one can serve in the Senate.

Comment

Originally posted by joshuatree View Post
                    Because there's nothing for him to gain from this. He may have been a war hero but years of back office politics has corrupted him. There should be a limit on number of terms one can serve in the Senate.
                    heheheh

BRAVO!!!!

Auntie Pupule
                    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

HSF story in the Mobile, AL Press-Register with a quote from John Lehman:

Lehman said Hawaii Superferry is "very hopeful" that a session will be called within a week or two.

But should the Maui court's decision stand, "we are looking at other options" for getting the first vessel back in service somewhere, Lehman said.

"The ship is very much sought-after," he added. "There aren't very many like it in the world."
                      In other words, he's not worried about whether or not there will be business for HSF, whether it's in Hawai'i or elsewhere.

Miulang
                      "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Miulang View Post
                        HSF story in the Mobile, AL Press-Register with a quote from John Lehman:

In other words, he's not worried about whether or not there will be business for HSF, whether it's in Hawai'i or elsewhere.

Miulang
                        No wonder there aren't very many like the Hawaii Stupidferry. It's an ugly boat and it kills whales. There are better looking (and better) ferries out there. And as for cars... if transit had been properly engineered in HI there wouldn't have been a need to ship cars all over the place. Moreover, cars further sprawl.
                        Last edited by Rickyrab; October 12, 2007, 07:24 AM. Reason: wanted to insert cute nickname

Comment

Originally posted by Rickyrab View Post
                          No wonder there aren't very many like the Hawaii Stupidferry. It's an ugly boat and it kills whales.
                          Is there a record of how many whales were killed by this type of boat?

Auntie Lynn
                          Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                          Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by joshuatree View Post
                            There should be a limit on number of terms one can serve in the Senate.
                            I ABOSOLUTELY agree!
                            So long...and thanks for all the fish!

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post

Auntie Lynn
                              Well, I haven't come across any, and my opinion that "it kills whales" stemmed from this video about "similar" ferries killing whales in the Canary Islands. But it's still an ugly boat nonetheless.

Comment

and it kills whales
                                Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
                                Thanks, Lynn - I was wondering the same thing.
                                the Hawaii Stupidferry.
                                Now THAT'S going to add to a constructive discussion...

Comment

Working...
                                X