Star Trek

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Star Trek

woa! i'm so out of it. i didn't know there were any plans for yet another star trek movie!

http://movies.yahoo.com/mv/news/va/2...218483100.html

if this were april, i'd be sure that it was an april fool's prank!!!
    525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Re: new star trek movie!

No hoax. It's old news. JJ Abrams wants to make the next Trek film.

So far, he's lined up Zachary Quinto (from HEROES "Sylar") for the young Spock role.

He even got Leonard Nimoy to reprise his role as the elder Mr. Spock.

Zoe Saldana from Pirates of the Caribbeans sequel films will be young Uhura.

The latest news is casting Eric Bana for a Romulan villain role.
    Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

To be released on December 25, 2008. I don't know if they started filming yet.

Comment

Simon Pegg (from "Shaun of the Dead" and "Hot Fuzz") is slated to be young Scotty.

Comment

Originally posted by StephS View Post
          Simon Pegg (from "Shaun of the Dead" and "Hot Fuzz") is slated to be young Scotty.
          I would have preferred Tom McAvoy from the Last King of Scotland and Chronicles of Narnia.
          Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Originally posted by Random View Post
            So far, he's lined up Zachary Quinto (from HEROES "Sylar") for the young Spock role.

that'll work.

I wonder if the new Kirk is gonna have to take overacting lessons to prepare for the part. I thought Shatner was doing a great job when I was 8. I still do, just a different kind of great.

edit: shot from one of my favorite episodes.

Comment

Let's bring back the Gorn.
              I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Originally posted by helen View Post
                To be released on December 25, 2008. I don't know if they started filming yet.
                They better do it soon with the BIG strike coming up in Hollywood.
                Listen to KEITH AND THE GIRLsigpic

Stupid people come in all flavors-buzz1941
                Flickr

Comment

As long as they do the classic fight music in the background!

Da da DA DA DA DA DA dun dun da dah!
                  "The children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise. Children are now tyrants, not the servants of their households. They no longer rise when elders enter the room. They contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up dainties at the table, cross their legs, and tyrannize their teachers."
                  Socrates.

Comment

meh. i'm bummed that it's not a DS9 movie. i think i can do without a trek movie with the VGR cast and i surely can live the rest of my life without seeing a trek movie featuring archer's crew. to tell the truth, i'm not sure i like this trend of looking backward with prequels and stuff.
                    superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

More casting info including the young Kirk and the ultra-yummy Karl Urban as the good doctor.
                      Chris Pine to play Captain Kirk

Comment

Originally posted by glossyp View Post
                        More casting info including the young Kirk and the ultra-yummy Karl Urban as the good doctor.
                        Chris Pine to play Captain Kirk
                        holy macarel, that guy was so good in smokin aces. hope he can pull of this star trek movie. (btw, in an old roast of william shatner, i forget who but someone said something like, "dammit man! you were supposed to explore the galaxy, not FILL it!" referring to Shatner's current weight! so funny!)
                        525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

Re: New Star Trek movie!

I say all prequels should be assimilated (by Rep. Jon Riki Karamatsu's car)!
                          It's bad enough watching Capt. Archer's Enterprise poking along at warp 5 and reeling in space collectibles with their grappling hook!
                          But a new film without the Borg? Where's that self-destruct mode?
                          "If it's brown, it's cooked. If it's black, it's f***ed" - G. Ramsey

Comment

Originally posted by MixedPlateBroker View Post
                            I say all prequels should be assimilated (by Rep. Jon Riki Karamatsu's car)!
                            It's bad enough watching Capt. Archer's Enterprise poking along at warp 5 and reeling in space collectibles with their grappling hook!
                            But a new film without the Borg? Where's that self-destruct mode?
                            off topic, but i'll have you all know that eric spent a lot of time finding the most bewbiest seven of nine pic possible for the enjoyment of you female-form-appreciating HT/trekkies/trekkers.
                            superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

One of our first ITs had the *biggest* picture of her on the back of his office door. I swear there was bio-spackle on it; suffice to say that I will not comment further except that I cannot look at her without thinking about a very odd little soul whose path once crossed mine.

{{{willies}}}

pax

Comment

Working...
                              X