Custom mp3 ringtones

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom mp3 ringtones

So I googled and googled, and I can't find the answer I am looking for. So as usual, I turn to the good people at HT.

I have a T-mobile RAZR, and I am trying to use a custom mp3 as a ringtone. After much searching, I figured out how to use Audacity/LAME to chop up my mp3 file into the segment I want to use. I then uploaded it to my phone via cable (into the "audio" folder). I can play the clip using the 'Digital Audio Player', but I can't figure out how to set it as a ringtone. Anyone here know how to complete the last step? Thanks in advance.

Re: Custom mp3 ringtones

I just use this free online service. Upload the song(up to 40seconds, you choose what part), it converts it and sends it to your phone, you download and it automatically sets it as the ring tone.

http://mobile17.com/

As far as doing the conversion in the phone and setting it, I thought you just chose the file, hit options, and apply as ring tone.
    flickr

An email from God:
    To: People of Earth
    Date: 9/04/2007
    Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
    God

Comment

I used the Motorola software to upload mp3 files to my RAZR phone. After that its automatically a ringtone. You can do the same for mid files if you like the dorky synthesizer sound.

Comment

Originally posted by TATTRAT View Post
        I just use this free online service. Upload the song(up to 40seconds, you choose what part), it converts it and sends it to your phone, you download and it automatically sets it as the ring tone.

http://mobile17.com/

As far as doing the conversion in the phone and setting it, I thought you just chose the file, hit options, and apply as ring tone.
        Thanks Tat. I tried this, and I only find a MIDI file option, not an mp3 file. Am I doing it wrong, or is this all that it can do?

Originally posted by i-hungry View Post
        I used the Motorola software to upload mp3 files to my RAZR phone. After that its automatically a ringtone. You can do the same for mid files if you like the dorky synthesizer sound.
        Hungry, did you pay for the software? I am looking for a free way to do things. After all, it's just a ringtone. Unless the software is good for lots of other useful things.

Comment

For my Motorola phone, I trimmed my mp3's using Quicktime Pro... I don't think you can edit files with standard Quicktime. If you already have Pro on your computer, that would be one way. I'd then export the new mp3 file and Bluetooth it over to my phone.

Comment

If I remember correctly, there's a crack you'll have to hunt down online that will allow you to set custom ringtones up on your Motorola. I was in a similar situation with my Razr at one time, but in the end didn't want to invest the time to get access to my phone's full directory.
            "If it's brown, it's cooked. If it's black, it's f***ed" - G. Ramsey

Comment

Working...
            X