KHON2 off the air??? (Fri 10/26)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KHON2 off the air??? (Fri 10/26)

Anybody know what's going on? Did they stop broadcasting analog signal?
    Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Re: KHON2 off the air??? (Fri 10/26)

I listened to the 6pm KHON TV News simulcast on the radio this afternoon. That was working. The TV signal I get from my analog cable works fine. Are you on antenna or cable? Has the signal returned since you posted?
    I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Sorry, I mean over-the-air (OTA) analog signal for antenna users.

At the time of this posting, I got no picture on Channel 2, just a bunch of static.

Comment

No response?

Am I the only poster in O'ahu who uses an antenna for an analog TV?

Comment

You still don't have a signal? OK.... I forgot I have one of those AM-FM-VHF radios that can catch the audio portion of the TV band.... and from my building, I can't get Channel 2. Got 4, and 5 on low VHF. 9 and 11 works on the high band. I'll take the radio to work with me and see if I can catch something from another location. But sadly, it must be off. A call to channel 2 may be in order.
          I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

My friend told me that channel 2 seems to have been out all weekend! He gets TV from an antenna, not a cable. I think this would be big news! Anybody else?
            Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine!

Comment

i was gonna watch the world series at the park, but couldn't catch khon OTA. i thought i was in a bad area, but we've caught it there before.

even more, it was even hard to find on radio, not on kkea or kumu, the obvious first choices.
              Always check and double check

Comment

Same problem here. I have a radio that picks up the audio from analog/antenna TV. Channel 2 was "snowy" all weekend.

Garry

Comment

Well, it appears that KHON2 returns on-the-air this afternoon.

Missed my syndicated SG-1 over the weekend. Suck to be MLB/World Series fans in Hawaii.

Comment

Why did they go OFF the air? Anyone?
                    Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine!

Comment

Originally posted by Slick View Post
                      Why did they go OFF the air? Anyone?
                      Good question. What really did happened? Will KHON2 disclose that information?

Comment

Being a cable user.. I don't much care if their transmitter is off.. but I suggest you call them to find out why they were off-air if you really need to know. FYI A few years back KHNL's transmitter was off for 2 weeks... no calls received by station. That is either good or bad depending on how you want to interpret "no calls". With cable/satellite saturation approaching, if not already surpassing, 95%... the station transmitters have become almost useless for the price of electricity they have to pay (I know, I know.. for those who have off-air only, its a FCC requirement to transmit but looking at it from purely a $'s point of view... I'd investigate wether to spend $25K a month for your electric bill or just go out and buy the holdouts basic cable service...and shut off the transmitter)

Comment

That's a joke, right? I doubt most 'holdouts' are capable of and/or interested in receiving free basic cable.
                          May I always be found beneath your contempt.

Comment

Many years ago, when KHON was still with NBC, they aired a movie after "Saturday Night Live" that featured full frontal and backal and pubal and boobal nudity and sex stuff. My eyes popped out! (Hey, it was the early '80s)

When I called the station Monday morning for a comment for a story, they had no idea what I was talking about. While I had the engineer on the phone, he cued up the tape and within a minute or so he yelped "Holy xxxx! You're right!"

And do you know how many complaints they had from outraged viewers?

Zero.
                            Burl Burlingame
                            "Art is never finished, only abandoned." -- Leonardo Da Vinci
                            honoluluagonizer.com

Comment

Originally posted by buzz1941 View Post
                              Many years ago, when KHON was still with NBC, they aired a movie after "Saturday Night Live" that featured full frontal and backal and pubal and boobal nudity and sex stuff. My eyes popped out! (Hey, it was the early '80s)
                              Was that the incident that caused the creation of Pay-Per-View?

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Working...
                              X