2 reasons to cry into your beer...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 reasons to cry into your beer...

Due to a severe shortage of hops, the price of your favorite beer could go up about 10% soon. Breweries might also have to alter their recipes by either replacing the current strain of hops they're using, or cutting down on the amount of hops they use in a batch. Wonder how that will affect the taste of Longboard?

Miulang
    "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Re: 2 reasons to cry into your beer...

Good thing that good ol corn is around, GO BOURBON!

I wonder why the more farmers are not growing more hops on the mainland, is it the climate/soil? New England produces some awesome hops. Seems like the amount of struggling farmers and the lack of certain agricultural things(hemp, hops) could be a great match. produce something that is in demand, put people to work, win win.
    flickr

An email from God:
    To: People of Earth
    Date: 9/04/2007
    Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
    God

Comment

And if you like the beer at Brew Moon, I'd suggest dropping in for one sooner than later...

Comment

Coming soon to a pub near you...

Last edited by Pomai; October 27, 2007, 10:24 AM. Reason: price changes
        sigpic The Tasty Island

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai View Post
          Coming soon to a pub near you...

That's still cheaper than Black Butte Porter!

<mmmmmmm...beeeeeer> Homer Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by TATTRAT View Post
            Good thing that good ol corn is around, GO BOURBON!
            the price of corn is going up (due to its use in ethanol), which has already affected the price of milk. i would not be shocked if the price of bourbon and other corn products will go up, too.

Originally posted by Fat Jeff View Post

more specifically, mmmmmmmmmmmm...beer with chocolate notes....
            superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

I love Black Butte Porter, dangit. Where are you guys when everyone around me wants to drink canoe beer?*

Since most American lagers use corn and/or rice as extenders, you'd think the price would already have gone up.

* canoe beer: pretty close to water.
              But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
              GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
                I love Black Butte Porter, dangit. Where are you guys when everyone around me wants to drink canoe beer?*
                great (albeit sloshed) minds drink the same beer!

* canoe beer: pretty close to water.
                ah, so clever! can i use that? i promise to stamp ©scrivener next to it! and for every so many uses, pay you with a pack of BBP!
                superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

ah, so clever! can i use that? i promise to stamp ©scrivener next to it! and for every so many uses, pay you with a pack of BBP!
                  I wish it were mine, but I can't say for sure that it is. Some friends and I have been saying that for years, and I don't know if one of us thought of it or if one of us heard it elsewhere. So use it wherever you please.

What are your thoughts on Haystack Black?
                  But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                  GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by Fat Jeff View Post

But is that per bottle or per gallon?
                    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

I wish it were mine, but I can't say for sure that it is. Some friends and I have been saying that for years, and I don't know if one of us thought of it or if one of us heard it elsewhere. So use it wherever you please.

What are your thoughts on Haystack Black?
                      is that now called blackwatch porter? if it was served at one of the willow's hops & grinds events, i might have tried it, bcs i made sure to try every beer with cocoa, chocolate, honey, or coffee notes at the last h&g that we went to. i'm still a neophyte. how do you think it compares?

a few nights ago, we picked up some of the oregon honey beer to have with our dinner at bac nam. nice finish, went well with the spice in the vietnamese food.

actually, all this talk of oregon beers is making me wonder whether visiting one of their breweries is possible when we go visit my mom over the holidays. i wish i can remember the name of the irish pub we went to two years ago, bcs we definitely want to visit again.

one last thing, which is a rule of mine: no crying in beer! it's as sacrilegious as ice in beer! must not do! when drinking beer, one must sing, laugh, cheer, have rousing fun, or be, on the opposite end, blackly morose, darkly sarcastic, or passionately bemoaning whatever it is that ails you, but absolutely. no. crying. in. beer!!

Comment

*gets wasted on potent Listerine/ apple juice mixture*
                        *hiccup*
                        *passes out with a clean mouth*
                        Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

Originally posted by ericncyn View Post
                          is that now called blackwatch porter? if it was served at one of the willow's hops & grinds events, i might have tried it, bcs i made sure to try every beer with cocoa, chocolate, honey, or coffee notes at the last h&g that we went to. i'm still a neophyte. how do you think it compares?

a few nights ago, we picked up some of the oregon honey beer to have with our dinner at bac nam. nice finish, went well with the spice in the vietnamese food.

actually, all this talk of oregon beers is making me wonder whether visiting one of their breweries is possible when we go visit my mom over the holidays. i wish i can remember the name of the irish pub we went to two years ago, bcs we definitely want to visit again.

one last thing, which is a rule of mine: no crying in beer! it's as sacrilegious as ice in beer! must not do! when drinking beer, one must sing, laugh, cheer, have rousing fun, or be, on the opposite end, blackly morose, darkly sarcastic, or passionately bemoaning whatever it is that ails you, but absolutely. no. crying. in. beer!!
                          Washington has some nice breweries too (Red Hook and Pyramid are the 2 largest, but there are some boutique breweries in hops country (East Washington) too.

Miulang
                          "Americans believe in three freedoms. Freedom of speech; freedom of religion; and the freedom to deny the other two to folks they don`t like.” --Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by ericncyn View Post
                            is that now called blackwatch porter?
                            I don't think so; I just picked up a six-pack about a month ago and it was still called Haystack Black.

or be, on the opposite end, blackly morose, darkly sarcastic, or passionately bemoaning whatever it is that ails you...
                            This is me. It's why I never have more than two: I can't stand to get THAT depressed.
                            GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_Lowery View Post
                              *gets wasted on potent Listerine/ apple juice mixture*
                              *hiccup*
                              *passes out with a clean mouth*
                              eh, pinoy, do you think we can convince the mother country to ship over some lambanog? ng imas ti san miguel no kayyat ko ti "bariety."

pardon the very bad ilocano-glish.

Comment

Working...
                              X