To The A**Hole In The Blue Mustang

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: To The A**Hole In The Blue Mustang

isn't benzoyl peroxide zit medicine? that seems like bad advice...
    But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
    GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

That A**hole should get the book thrown at him! Hope they catch him ........

Comment

Originally posted by Pomai View Post
        Tatt, try and get fresh Aloe. There's some growing at Daimond Head beach, if you don't know anyone who can give you some. Cut it open and apply the gelatinous Aloe insides generously on your wounds. It will help it heal and leave less of a scar, if none at all. Works wonders. Make sure you clean the wound thoroughly first with Benzoyl Peroxide or other superficial wound cleaner. After you put the Aloe on, you can cover it with gauze, say like if you're going to bed. As you know, Aloe is rich in Vitamin E. It's also great for burns.

My friend had serious road rash on his leg from a motorcycle accident a long time ago, and he religiously treated the injury with Aloe. It healed within several weeks and without one sign of a scar. Like it never happened.
        Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
        Amen to Pomai's post. If you don't know about aloe from your kitchen experience, you do now. ALWAYS keep some around; it'll help with the burns and cuts every chef gets.

Sorry for your injuries, and here's more hope that the police get 'em. Hit + run; that's some serious doings.

I am a believer in aloe, love the stuff and already have a plant on the lanai.

Just got in from the hospital. I kinda wish I had just gone last night, but I feel like the ambulance was overkill. Knee is a lot more swollen now then in the pic and getting some really nice bruising going on. Hospital scrubbed and scraped to get the gunk out of my face and knees. My feet and hand got it a little too, but they are the least aggravating. Got me some heavy duty anti-inflammatory and some vicodens. Gonna get rested and keep the leg up.

Cops have put in paperwork with all the rental places at the airport from what I understand. I am not sure what will come of it, but we'll see I guess.

Thanks for the kind words, everyone!
        flickr

An email from God:
        To: People of Earth
        Date: 9/04/2007
        Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
        God

Comment

I think hydrogen peroxide was what was meant. Be careful with that though anyways, it can dry out the skin and lead to the healing wound cracking open again if used too often. Betadine might be a little better to clean the road rashes with if you can find it in the pharmacy, it's an antiseptic.

Comment

1) Go to the doctor, get your injuries on record

2) File a police report

3) check your insurance - if you have Uninsured Motorist coverage you can make a claim for your injuries (and you've got legit ones) against that even if they don't find the a-hole who hit you.

Get better soon!
            "The children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise. Children are now tyrants, not the servants of their households. They no longer rise when elders enter the room. They contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up dainties at the table, cross their legs, and tyrannize their teachers."
            Socrates.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob P View Post
              1) Go to the doctor, get your injuries on record

2) File a police report

3) check your insurance - if you have Uninsured Motorist coverage you can make a claim for your injuries (and you've got legit ones) against that even if they don't find the a-hole who hit you.

Get better soon!

1-Done

2-Done

3-I am uninsured at this point so I guess I am s.o.l. Only been out here a month and honestly didn't think about insurance yet.
              flickr

An email from God:
              To: People of Earth
              Date: 9/04/2007
              Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
              God

Comment

Hey Tat, hope you have a quick recovery. And I hope they catch whoever did this to you. Take care.

Comment

OMG! I just read this now. I'm so sorry this happened to you, and like everyone else here I hope the dirty buggas are caught!

Comment

What makes Aloe or as we locals pronounce it "Alloy" work is that it promotes surface blood circulation. That's why it's such a great remedy for even internal problems such as ulcers. Fantastic for burns aloe is a must have in the kitchen as it's an air plant...meaning no need to plant it in the ground.

When I was a kid (1st grade) I pulled out an aloe plant for show and tell. I forgot about it until the end of the school year and when I had to clean out my desk the plant had grown considerably in that little dark compartment under the writing surface of my desk.

I hope you injuries heal well, that must have been quite a tumble. The driver of that car will get justice one day. Let's just hope it wasn't an off-duty cop (here on the Big Island it seems that late model Mustang is the car of choice for cops as well as rental companies).
                    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Noticed this story on the KHON evening news. A drunk driver plowed into a row Honolulu Police Department cars. At first glance I noticed one of the crushed vehicles was a blue Ford Mustang. Turns out, though, that it was the HPD vehicle struck, not the drunk driver's weapon.

Comment

Oh my Tatt, I'm so sorry that this has happened to you! Praying that your injuries heal quickly. And I hope they catch the idiots!
                        Lovena

Comment

Originally posted by TATTRAT View Post
                          Just got in from the hospital. I kinda wish I had just gone last night, but I feel like the ambulance was overkill. Knee is a lot more swollen now then in the pic and getting some really nice bruising going on. Hospital scrubbed and scraped to get the gunk out of my face and knees. My feet and hand got it a little too, but they are the least aggravating. Got me some heavy duty anti-inflammatory and some vicodens. Gonna get rested and keep the leg up.
                          I know what you mean, I wouldn't want to take a ride in an ambulance... much less go to the hospital. But, it's important to take care of infection... it can be deadly if not handled right away.

I'm impressed you had the presence of mind to look at the license plate. I'd be in too much shock! Hope they get them guys.

I learned something new. I didn't know you could put aloe on cuts. I thought it was just for burns. I hate the smell... my Mom used to put it on me all the time, and I'd protest like crazy.

Comment

Originally posted by nikki View Post
                            I learned something new. I didn't know you could put aloe on cuts. I thought it was just for burns. I hate the smell... my Mom used to put it on me all the time, and I'd protest like crazy.
                            Me too. Now if I had known it was good on cuts I wouldn't have this really ugly, puckerywrinkly scar above my left kneecap. Geez, and we have this huge aloe plant right at the front corner of our property that needs thinning.

Tat! Take care. Dang that thing is going to itch like crazy in a couple weeks and you'll be leaving pieces of scab all over the apartment carpet. Euuuwww. Sorry. BTDT. Wife thought it was gross and Mel laughed her little 7 yr. old butt off. "Daddy's falling apart!"

Comment

Just saw this thread, just want to wish you a speedy recovery and looking forward to when you get word that they caught the punk. Did the police say they'll run the partial plate and vehicle description with the DMV? If not, perhaps you can check with the DMV?

Comment

A couple of years ago we had a theft situation here and we were able to provide the police with a security cam photo and with five of the six letters/numbers on the license plate.
                                They never pursued the matter.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Working...
                                X