Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Dog's bounty show suspended for racism

Originally posted by Vanguard View Post
    You're much better off carrying a notepad, showing your friends the messages, then crumpling them up yourself once they read it.

Like Pad Man. :P
    not really. if you crumple it up and throw it in your trash, which you leave curbside for pick up, it's no longer your private property and therefore anyone can fish through it and find stuff to use against you.

then again, you could write a message that basically reads:

"eh, you know da kine? well dat buggah wen da kine da dakine so i wen da kine da oddah kine into da da kine."

it's rather cool that somehow, we locals often understand intuitively which da kine means da kine da kine versus da oddah kine given the circumstances of when da da kine is spoken and who said what da kine, but conversely, no one will be able to prove within a shadow of a doubt or preponderance of evidence each "da kine"'s meanings after the fact.
    superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Originally posted by ericncyn View Post
      [...]it's rather cool that somehow, we locals often understand intuitively which da kine means da kine da kine versus da oddah kine given the circumstances of when da da kine is spoken and who said what da kine, but conversely, no one will be able to prove within a shadow of a doubt or preponderance of evidence each "da kine"'s meanings after the fact.
      Oh dear gawd. I understood that. Have I lived in Makaha too long?

Comment

Twelve states require, under most circumstances, the consent of all parties to a conversation. Those jurisdictions are ... Washington. Be aware that you will sometimes hear these referred to inaccurately as "two-party consent" laws. If there are more than two people involved in the conversation, all must consent to the taping.
        Something that I learned doing radio interviews.

Comment

it's rather cool that somehow, we locals often understand intuitively which da kine means da kine da kine versus da oddah kine given the circumstances of when da da kine is spoken and who said what da kine, but conversely, no one will be able to prove within a shadow of a doubt or preponderance of evidence each "da kine"'s meanings after the fact.
          Unless you get two attorneys, a judge and a jury who are all local and pidgin pros. Den wot?!

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

then again, you could write a message that basically reads:

"eh, you know da kine? well dat buggah wen da kine da dakine so i wen da kine da oddah kine into da da kine."

"da da kine"???
            Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
              Unless you get two attorneys, a judge and a jury who are all local and pidgin pros. Den wot?!
              A making of a good OC16 court show, Judge Tita?

Comment

Originally posted by Random View Post
                "da da kine"???
                Because “kine” is pidgin for “kind” or more accurately “kind of” saying “da kine” could be used as an adjective (i.e. da manini kine). When you say “da da kine” you are confirming that “da kine” is being used as a noun, by putting “da” (the) in front of it.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I’m basing this rationale on my hana-bata days’ vintage Kahalu‘u pidgin.

We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

— U.S. President Bill Clinton
                USA TODAY, page 2A
                11 March 1993

Comment

Just exactly which "kine" bail bonds we talking about here?
                  Make trouble, have fun, do good stuffs.

Comment

Originally posted by zztype View Post
                    Just exactly which "kine" bail bonds we talking about here?
                    You know ... da kine.

Comment

Originally posted by TuNnL View Post
                      Because “kine” is pidgin for “kind” or more accurately “kind of” saying “da kine” could be used as an adjective (i.e. da manini kine). When you say “da da kine” you are confirming that “da kine” is being used as a noun, by putting “da” (the) in front of it.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I’m basing this rationale on my hana-bata days’ vintage Kahalu‘u pidgin.
                      Ah. I thought it was shorthand for "da kine da kine" (just drop the fist "kine").

Comment

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,331252,00.html

No official start date but the show is back in production

Comment

http://blog.sfgate.com/dailydish/201...how-royalties/

Will Dog the Bounty Hunter be hired to find himself?

btw, There are a number of threads about Dog the Bounty Hunter closed for some reason.
                          Last edited by Walkoff Balk; September 26, 2014, 10:04 PM. Reason: add

Comment

As a fan of the show, still. Yes, I still watch reruns on tv (the episodes that I've not seen), I had hope he and the family was a "success" story as portray on TV. But it seems like in real life, the entire family is just trash, sorry. True or false, I guess with money comes BS.

Comment

Not sure why but I watched it a bunch and hope there's some truth to Dog's ways, but even the show revealed things that turned me off about him. Too often acting stupid and aggressive in a take down, that others often did, just for the camera's sake. But he's been eating quite well, that's most obvious.
                              https://www.facebook.com/Bobby-Ingan...5875444640256/

Comment

Yes, there was one episode where they went grocery shopping. The amount of premium steaks....nice.

Comment

Working...
                                X