Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Results 126 to 150 of 151

Thread: Dog's bounty show suspended for racism

  1. #126
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    On a psycho-tropical vacation avoiding rehab.
    Posts
    1,341

    Default Re: Dog's bounty show suspended for racism

    Link

    Subject of Dog's Tirade Allegedly Gave Alcohol to Minors
    Posted Nov 13th 2007 2:15PM by TMZ Staff
    Filed under: Meltdowns

    Tucker Chapman's girlfriend, Monique Shinnery, was thrown out of a Honolulu club last month for allegedly purchasing drinks for underage patrons.

    Shinnery -- who was the subject of a racist tirade by Duane "Dog" Chapman that was secretly recorded by Tucker -- was at the 21-and-over club Lulu's in Honolulu on the night of October 13.

    According to Honolulu P.D. Detective Eli Walters, who was off duty and working security that night, Shinnery was asked to leave the club after it was learned she was giving drinks to people under the age of 21.

    When Walters came over to help remove Shinnery and Chapman from the club, he tells TMZ that Shinnery immediately began playing the race card -- saying the only reason they were being kicked out was that they were an interracial couple.
    Ironic, considering she's suing him for damaging her character.

    The end of the article also states that she's a public school teacher. Anyone know which school?
    Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
    We're not here to mess around
    Boston, you know we love you madly
    Hear the crowd roar to your sound
    Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
    You know we couldn't live without you
    Tessie, you are the only only only

  2. #127
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Honolulu
    Posts
    104

    Default Re: Dog's bounty show suspended for racism

    OMG. I don't know what else to say. I know what I'm thinking. Race has NOTHING to do with it!

    I see her as a gold digger and, while I'm not a huge fan of the Dog, I do feel for him and his family under these circumstances. I think this whole thing has been overblown and overrated through the whole process. It's stupid and the fact that these two young good-for-nothings were trying to ensnare familly with the use of a word just as a tool to get more money out of anyone they could accuse is just nauseating!

    Furthermore, isn't what Tucker did entrapment? In addition, isn't recording a phone conversation without the other party's knowledge illegal?

    This "girlfriend" of his teaches here? In one of our schools?!? OMG. Tucker shouldn't be so smug and he better watch his back with this vindictive woman too! I wouldn't trust her! Of course, she shouldn't trust him either!

    Puke! They both make me sick. They need to get a life, get a job, move to Iraq... just get lost!
    Aloha,
    Evelyn
    Homespun Honolulu

  3. #128
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Honolulu
    Posts
    104

    Default Re: Dog's bounty show suspended for racism

    Did somebody send the article to A&E? Give me a frickin' break! That ought a clear things up real fast! Nothing would burn those two punky youths more than to have A & E and the rest of the world ignore them!
    Aloha,
    Evelyn
    Homespun Honolulu

  4. #129
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    On a psycho-tropical vacation avoiding rehab.
    Posts
    1,341

    Default Re: Dog's bounty show suspended for racism

    Quote Originally Posted by Sprite View Post
    Did somebody send the article to A&E? Give me a frickin' break! That ought a clear things up real fast! Nothing would burn those two punky youths more than to have A & E and the rest of the world ignore them!
    Even if that article was sent to A&E, what would that do? Money talks. A&E likely yanked it off the air because they know companies won't buy commercial time during a show that features a guy who used the N-word.

    The only image A&E cares about is their own.
    Tessie, "Nuf Ced" McGreevey shouted
    We're not here to mess around
    Boston, you know we love you madly
    Hear the crowd roar to your sound
    Don't blame us if we ever doubt you
    You know we couldn't live without you
    Tessie, you are the only only only

  5. #130
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Foster Village
    Posts
    1,234

    Default Re: Dog's bounty show suspended for racism

    Lei Liko is right, but the National Enquirer should be tipped. They published the original NGA rant, and this is every bit as juicy!

    That would turn the original story around and point the Enquirer focus right back at the original source. It would give Tucker and girlfriend a taste of their own medicine.

    Very poetic.

    Blaine
    Make trouble, have fun, do good stuffs.

  6. #131
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Wah-key'-key
    Posts
    10,390

    Default Re: Dog's bounty show suspended for racism

    Quote Originally Posted by Sprite View Post
    [...]Furthermore, isn't what Tucker did entrapment? In addition, isn't recording a phone conversation without the other party's knowledge illegal?
    As I understand it...no! As long as one party on the phone is aware that the conversation is being recorded, I believe it's legal. Now, if "girlfriend" had bugged the phone without Dog's or Tucker's knowledge, then that's illegal as I understand it. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
    [...]
    Quote Originally Posted by zztype View Post
    Lei Liko is right, but the National Enquirer should be tipped.[...]
    Sumthin' tells me the rags probably log on to TMZ.com with regularity!

  7. #132
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Honolulu
    Posts
    104

    Default Re: Dog's bounty show suspended for racism

    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Liko View Post
    Even if that article was sent to A&E, what would that do? Money talks. A&E likely yanked it off the air because they know companies won't buy commercial time during a show that features a guy who used the N-word.

    The only image A&E cares about is their own.
    Good point Lei Liko, you're right. In my usual fashion I was only looking at it from an emotional standpoint. It's always about the money. Sigh.
    Aloha,
    Evelyn
    Homespun Honolulu

  8. #133
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Returned to Molokai
    Posts
    3,419

    Default Re: Dog's bounty show suspended for racism

    Quote Originally Posted by tutusue View Post
    As I understand it...no! As long as one party on the phone is aware that the conversation is being recorded, I believe it's legal.
    I better be careful of what I say on the phone. After all, there is no such thing as "close friends."

  9. #134
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    living in sin in kaimuki w/mixedplatebroker
    Posts
    1,715

    Default Re: Dog's bounty show suspended for racism

    Quote Originally Posted by tutusue View Post
    As I understand it...no! As long as one party on the phone is aware that the conversation is being recorded, I believe it's legal. Now, if "girlfriend" had bugged the phone without Dog's or Tucker's knowledge, then that's illegal as I understand it. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
    [...]
    Correct, for all but 12 states in the union.

    from The Reporters Committee for Freedom of the Press

    Twelve states require, under most circumstances, the consent of all parties to a conversation. Those jurisdictions are California, Connecticut, Florida, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Montana, Nevada, New Hampshire, Pennsylvania and Washington. Be aware that you will sometimes hear these referred to inaccurately as "two-party consent" laws. If there are more than two people involved in the conversation, all must consent to the taping.

    Regardless of the state, it is almost always illegal to record a conversation to which you are not a party, do not have consent to tape, and could not naturally overhear.
    As for Hawaii, specifically, according to that website:

    Haw. Rev. Stat. § 803-42: Any wire, oral or electronic communication (including cellular phone calls) can lawfully be recorded by a person who is a party to the communication, or when one of the parties has consented to the recording, so long as no criminal or tortious purpose exists. Unlawful interceptions or disclosures of private communications are punishable as felonies.

    The one-party consent rule does not apply, however, to the installation of a recording device in a "private place" that will amplify or broadcast conversations outside that private place. All parties who have a reasonable expectation of privacy in that place must consent to the installation of a recording device. Haw. Rev. Stat. § 803-42(b)(3).

    Civil penalties for unlawful interception or disclosure include the greater of actual damages or any profits made by the violator, $100 for each day of violation, or $10,000, along with punitive damages, attorney fees and litigation costs. Haw. Rev. Stat. § 803-48. A hotel room has been found by the Hawaii Supreme Court to be a private place where a recording device cannot legally be installed without the consent of the room's occupants. Hawaii v. Lo, 675 P.2d 754 (Haw. 1983).

    It is a felony to install or use a surveillance device in a private place to view a person in a "stage of undress or sexual activity" without the person's consent. Haw. Rev. Stat. § 711-1110.9. It is a misdemeanor to possess materials obtained in this manner. If the person is not in such a stage, it is a misdemeanor. Haw. Rev. Stat. § 711-1111.
    superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

    "when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

    nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

  10. #135

    Default Re: Dog's bounty show suspended for racism

    Quote Originally Posted by Random View Post
    I better be careful of what I say on the phone. After all, there is no such thing as "close friends."
    You're much better off carrying a notepad, showing your friends the messages, then crumpling them up yourself once they read it.

    Like Pad Man. :P

  11. #136
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    living in sin in kaimuki w/mixedplatebroker
    Posts
    1,715

    Default Re: Dog's bounty show suspended for racism

    Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard View Post
    You're much better off carrying a notepad, showing your friends the messages, then crumpling them up yourself once they read it.

    Like Pad Man. :P
    not really. if you crumple it up and throw it in your trash, which you leave curbside for pick up, it's no longer your private property and therefore anyone can fish through it and find stuff to use against you.

    then again, you could write a message that basically reads:

    "eh, you know da kine? well dat buggah wen da kine da dakine so i wen da kine da oddah kine into da da kine."

    it's rather cool that somehow, we locals often understand intuitively which da kine means da kine da kine versus da oddah kine given the circumstances of when da da kine is spoken and who said what da kine, but conversely, no one will be able to prove within a shadow of a doubt or preponderance of evidence each "da kine"'s meanings after the fact.
    superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

    "when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

    nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

  12. #137
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Wah-key'-key
    Posts
    10,390

    Default Re: Dog's bounty show suspended for racism

    Quote Originally Posted by ericncyn View Post
    [...]it's rather cool that somehow, we locals often understand intuitively which da kine means da kine da kine versus da oddah kine given the circumstances of when da da kine is spoken and who said what da kine, but conversely, no one will be able to prove within a shadow of a doubt or preponderance of evidence each "da kine"'s meanings after the fact.
    Oh dear gawd. I understood that. Have I lived in Makaha too long?

  13. #138

    Default Re: Dog's bounty show suspended for racism

    Quote Originally Posted by ericncyn View Post
    Twelve states require, under most circumstances, the consent of all parties to a conversation. Those jurisdictions are ... Washington. Be aware that you will sometimes hear these referred to inaccurately as "two-party consent" laws. If there are more than two people involved in the conversation, all must consent to the taping.
    Something that I learned doing radio interviews.

  14. #139
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Smokin' in da windward crib
    Posts
    6,721

    Default Re: Dog's bounty show suspended for racism

    Quote Originally Posted by ericncyn View Post
    it's rather cool that somehow, we locals often understand intuitively which da kine means da kine da kine versus da oddah kine given the circumstances of when da da kine is spoken and who said what da kine, but conversely, no one will be able to prove within a shadow of a doubt or preponderance of evidence each "da kine"'s meanings after the fact.
    Unless you get two attorneys, a judge and a jury who are all local and pidgin pros. Den wot?!
    .
    .

    That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

  15. #140
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Returned to Molokai
    Posts
    3,419

    Talking Re: Dog's bounty show suspended for racism

    Quote Originally Posted by ericncyn View Post
    then again, you could write a message that basically reads:

    "eh, you know da kine? well dat buggah wen da kine da dakine so i wen da kine da oddah kine into da da kine."

    it's rather cool that somehow, we locals often understand intuitively which da kine means da kine da kine versus da oddah kine given the circumstances of when da da kine is spoken and who said what da kine, but conversely, no one will be able to prove within a shadow of a doubt or preponderance of evidence each "da kine"'s meanings after the fact.
    "da da kine"???

  16. #141
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Returned to Molokai
    Posts
    3,419

    Talking Re: Dog's bounty show suspended for racism

    Quote Originally Posted by LikaNui View Post
    Unless you get two attorneys, a judge and a jury who are all local and pidgin pros. Den wot?!
    A making of a good OC16 court show, Judge Tita?

  17. #142
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Mō‘ili‘ili
    Posts
    2,456

    Lightbulb Re: Dog's bounty show suspended for racism

    Quote Originally Posted by Random View Post
    "da da kine"???
    Because “kine” is pidgin for “kind” or more accurately “kind of” saying “da kine” could be used as an adjective (i.e. da manini kine). When you say “da da kine” you are confirming that “da kine” is being used as a noun, by putting “da” (the) in front of it.

    Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I’m basing this rationale on my hana-bata days’ vintage Kahalu‘u pidgin.

    We can’t be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans.

    — U.S. President Bill Clinton
    USA TODAY, page 2A
    11 March 1993

  18. #143
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Foster Village
    Posts
    1,234

    Default Re: Dog's bounty show suspended for racism

    Just exactly which "kine" bail bonds we talking about here?
    Make trouble, have fun, do good stuffs.

  19. #144

    Default Re: Dog's bounty show suspended for racism

    Quote Originally Posted by zztype View Post
    Just exactly which "kine" bail bonds we talking about here?
    You know ... da kine.

  20. #145
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Returned to Molokai
    Posts
    3,419

    Talking Re: Dog's bounty show suspended for racism

    Quote Originally Posted by TuNnL View Post
    Because “kine” is pidgin for “kind” or more accurately “kind of” saying “da kine” could be used as an adjective (i.e. da manini kine). When you say “da da kine” you are confirming that “da kine” is being used as a noun, by putting “da” (the) in front of it.

    Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I’m basing this rationale on my hana-bata days’ vintage Kahalu‘u pidgin.
    Ah. I thought it was shorthand for "da kine da kine" (just drop the fist "kine").

  21. #146

    Default Re: Dog's bounty show suspended for racism

    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,331252,00.html

    No official start date but the show is back in production

  22. #147

    Default Re: Dog's bounty show suspended for racism

    http://blog.sfgate.com/dailydish/201...how-royalties/

    Will Dog the Bounty Hunter be hired to find himself?

    btw, There are a number of threads about Dog the Bounty Hunter closed for some reason.
    Last edited by Walkoff Balk; September 26th, 2014 at 10:04 PM. Reason: add

  23. #148
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    I stay on the Mainland
    Posts
    314

    Default Re: Dog's bounty show suspended for racism

    As a fan of the show, still. Yes, I still watch reruns on tv (the episodes that I've not seen), I had hope he and the family was a "success" story as portray on TV. But it seems like in real life, the entire family is just trash, sorry. True or false, I guess with money comes BS.

  24. #149

    Default Re: Dog's bounty show suspended for racism

    Not sure why but I watched it a bunch and hope there's some truth to Dog's ways, but even the show revealed things that turned me off about him. Too often acting stupid and aggressive in a take down, that others often did, just for the camera's sake. But he's been eating quite well, that's most obvious.

  25. #150
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    I stay on the Mainland
    Posts
    314

    Default Re: Dog's bounty show suspended for racism

    Yes, there was one episode where they went grocery shopping. The amount of premium steaks....nice.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •