Hawaii Threads Trivia Contest -- Go Fourth and Multiply

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hawaii Threads Trivia Contest -- Go Fourth and Multiply

It's time for the fourth Hawaii Threads Trivia Contest. We'll begin Saturday night and go four weeks.

For those unfamiliar with the setup, please read at least the first post of this thread, this thread, and this thread.

I don't expect the nature or format of the questions to change much, so if you'd like to get a feel for them, please check out some of the past contests. I will continue to try to include at least one Hawaii-themed question per day, and I am going to try to get away from the "remember when..." kinds of questions. General-knowledge questions are much more likely, such as the questions about the name of that eggplant-tahini spread or which way the canoe tilts if the outrigger float falls off.

We have a three-time champ who may be out of web-access for at least part of the game, and although that's not my motivation for starting it now, that's certainly a nice side-benefit! Just kidding!

Seriously, we've had quite an influx of new HT participants in the past year, so the likelihood that someone might step up and legitimately thrash Surfingfarmboy seems to have improved some.

There are small-but-nice prizes available to the first-, second-, and third-place finishers and consolation prizes for the most regular (non-winning) participant and to the participant who comes up with the funniest or most creative answers through the duration of the contest.

But don't play for the prizes. Play to teach Surfingfarmboy a lesson he'll never forget!

----- Please Note -----
    I lost track of the winners and prizes in the last game and wanted to take care of that before we got rolling. If you were owed a prize for the third contest and never received it, I would consider it a favor if you'd PM me and let me know. Thanks so much!

First questions go up Saturday night at 9:00, our time.

Post any questions you have about the game as a reply to this message.
    But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
    GrouchyTeacher.com

Re: Hawaii Threads Trivia Contest -- Go Fourth and Multiply

WOOT!!!

I am sooooo in! And SFB had better watch out, this time!

Blaine
    Make trouble, have fun, do good stuffs.

Comment

I'm in! I've been waiting for this for a long time....I missed the last one!
      So long...and thanks for all the fish!

Comment

Let the trash talking begin!

Bring it, girlie!!!

Comment

I hope I'm not blocked by the moderator!!!
          Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Originally posted by zztype View Post
            Let the trash talking begin!

Bring it, girlie!!!
            Ok...now this contest's getting fun. Whattaya want me to bring?!

Comment

Originally posted by lavagal View Post
              I hope I'm not blocked by the moderator!!!
              Whoa. Did something happen during that last game? Where is this coming from?
              But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
              GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                Ok...now this contest's getting fun. Whattaya want me to bring?!

Heehee! That was actually directed at Kalei. But you can play, too!

Comment

Originally posted by zztype View Post
                  Heehee! That was actually directed at Kalei. But you can play, too!
                  I don't wanna play...I wanna trash talk! Should I bring a trash talk dictionary?

(Sorry, Scriv. I'm not very competitive, but I'll try...as long as I'm not working!)

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                    I don't wanna play...I wanna trash talk! Should I bring a trash talk dictionary?
                    Ohhhh, would that be as in opala.org, like ulukau.org?

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
                      Whoa. Did something happen during that last game? Where is this coming from?

No, that's not it! I thought ever since that thread about blocking people came out that people were blocking me because no one was responding to things I wrote for like two weeks or so. Just me. Hormones. Doh. I hate hormones. argh.
                      Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Originally posted by lavagal View Post
                        Did someone say something?
                        GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
                          Did someone say something?
                          I love it when you mess with my head. NOT. Bring it on, buddy. Game FOURTH. I'm THERE.
                          Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Ooohh COMPETITION! I love it, count "us" (which is only NEENZ ) IN! Set my alarm for 9 p.m. on Saturday the same time I'll be making my choices for HawaiiThreads NFL Pick 'Em!
                            ___
                            "Be god to each other."

Comment

Ooooh - Count me in too. Or should I say "us" too? Nah - Acoustic guy can fend for himself....... Oops - NFL pick 'em reference InfinityPro has had way too much good luck with football. Time for them to go dowwnnn Ha, ha. I only compete if I can keep a sense of humor about it.

Comment

Working...
                              X