Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Christmas Party with Online Friends from HT and Wala'au 2007!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Christmas Party with Online Friends from HT and Wala'au 2007!

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
    Okay, you folks have been there for an hour and a half, and we don't have a single report or a single photo yet. WASSUP?!
    Yeah - about the only Twitter action is from Pua`i Mana`o (who isn't even on O`ahu) & Scrivener (who was running fashionably late).

I'm turning off the phone ringers here --- in case Blaine decides to call after midnight (Seattle time) to debate the merits of sporty military vehicles.

Comment

The truth is that the conversation never slowed down, at least not while I was there, so it was tough to remember you guys. Seriously. So even though we missed the no-shows (jdub broke all the ladies' hearts and Lei Liko broke all the guys'), my feeling is that we really enjoyed the company of those who were there. I'm normally kinda shy at these things; I stick close to Ryan or Jen when I can, or last year I clung to Surfingfarmboy and zztype. However, I was a lot more comfortable at this thing and enjoyed the heck out of the people sitting around me.

So at least on my end of the table (really, the room configuration leaves a lot to be desired, as much as I like La Mariana), we had a blast. I caught little bits of the conversations at 1stwahine's side of the table and...wow. I'm glad I was a safe distance away!

So thanks, everyone. I'm sorry I was late, but I'm so glad I was there.
      But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
      GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Thank goodness Kalei and Leo Lakio weren't there. They probably woulda figured a way to come in first and second in the grab bag contest...if there was a way!

Fun game, Scriv, altho' my brain is all gamed out right now! BTW, forgot to tell you that you stuck my quote on the gift I brought!!!

And, what's Christmas/Holidays without keiki? What fun to have so many there.

Fun party. Next year's will be here before we know it!

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
          The truth is that the conversation never slowed down, at least not while I was there, so it was tough to remember you guys.
          *eyes flash while filing nails*

Seriously.
          *files fangs*

pax

Comment

Heh. I thought of Twittering random quotes and even broadcasting a few minutes of live video... but as Scrivener said, it was a full-time job keeping up with all the great conversation. And, of course, enjoying the food, ambiance, and Scrivener's grab bag game.

For us, at least, there was the additional challenge of keeping our kids from killing each other, other kids, and/or destroying private property.

I posted the few blurry photos I grabbed with my cameraphone here.

It was a fantastic evening, with a lot of friendly faces, a mix of old friends and new. (There were so many "small world" moments that are the trademark of any local gathering.) A nice "real world" reminder of why I hang out in this crazy virtual place.

A million and one thanks to 1stwahine for keeping the fire burning, to Scrivener for making a simple grab bag exchange an excercise in memory and double entendre, to Mel and Kalihiboy for bringing their beautiful kids (who hopefully weren't corrupted too badly by our offspring), and to everyone, really, for coming and sharing the smiles and laughs!

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
              Okay, you folks have been there for an hour and a half, and we don't have a single report or a single photo yet. WASSUP?!
              Having too much fun!

The turn out seemed a bit smaller then last year but was no less enjoyable.

I stumped Scrivener for awhile with my favorite local trivia question. Found out what a perfusionist is. Found out a surprising fact about KalihiBoy and a new thing he's starting in January. Got the grab bag gift from AbsolutChaos. Had fun talking with Christa (great centipede story) and Tutusue among others.

Scrivener had a game where we had to try and match up a quote from HT to the person who said it. (I didn't even recognize my own, but remembered what thread it was from once it was pointed out to me.)

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
              Next year's will be here before we know it!
              Ain't that the truth.
              Last edited by GeckoGeek; December 11, 2007, 10:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Pua'i Mana'o View Post
                *eyes flash while filing nails*
                *files fangs*
                Well next time, come join us, you wallflower! I'll pick you up from the airport.
                But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
                GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

check mate, Scriv!

...wallflower...rotfl...

pax

Comment

K-den. I'm 1stwahine and I wen go party afta cause I had soooo much FuN I just had to continue afta.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Chinatown I went and I came home.

Happy Holidays & Happy New Year!
                    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Big props to Ryan, Scriv and Aunty thank you for very fun event!

the keikis all survived and didn't poke anyone's eyeballs out! LOL, but really they were great. i enjoyed seeing them interact with each other.

totally cracking up over aunty's big guffaws as she was reading each quotes.
                      tutusue: thanks for keeping my little one entertained.
                      ryan & jen: my little one was sad to see katie go, she wanted her to stay a bit longer!

to everyone thanks for the laughter and great memories~

..will send ryan photos later after my snow day event!

Comment

Loved the pix, hope to see more! My favorite is the one of Christa and Scriv. Two very cool tech geeques!
                        Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

i have some pics! i'll get them in here soon. it was nice to finally meet all of you. i been away from here for a while. MY BAD!!! this place is my family for real.

happy holidays to all and i'll be around here more often.

ps: hi scriv!
                          life is ok sometimes

Comment

my pics...

Comment

The group shots:

Comment

Awwww, I blinked! Actually, I had just come from the eye doctor a couple of hours earlier and my eyes were still pretty dilated. The camera kept blinking and flashing and it got harder and harder to keep my eyes open!

Great to see all you guys! Mahalo, was good fun!

Blaine
                                Make trouble, have fun, do good stuffs.

Comment

Working...
                                X