Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Costco or Sam's for Singles Who Live Alone

Default Re: Costco or Sam's for Singles Who Live Alone

Still have both memberships, but I tend to do the food shopping from Sam's Club and I usually buy what I can physically carry since I have to walk home with what I purchased. Stuff that I buy on a going basis are cold cuts, cheese, grapes, carrots, granola bars, milk, soap and AA batteries. Also been buying various canned foods and Quaker Instant Oatmeal (the initial box I picked up in November is still going).

For Costco I tend to buy granola bars and batteries that I stash at my work place. Also found out that a certain type of replacement heads for my electric toothbrush are available from Costco but not Sam's Club.

What I have find strange is that Sam's Club will accept MasterCard credit card for payment, while Costco recently (like a year ago) switched to accepting Visa for the credit card payments.

I also notice that the selection of gift cards from other retailers is different between Sam's Club and Costco.

About 3 years ago I moved to the McCully area and maybe once a month or so I do a Sam's Club run taking the taxi back home. I will try to limit my take to one of those cardboard box bottoms that holds the fresh fruit or some other bulky item. So far this routine does work out for me.

For Costco I didn't renew or visit in 2020. Managed to renew my membership in early summer of 2021 and I decided to have some dinner at the food court. Come to find out that they no longer offer the combo pizza anymore, just the cheese or the pepperoni.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12