This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What's for lunch today?

Seaweed? Man I thought you was local! Nobody calls it seaweed! You sure it's not Ogo or something more specific?
    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe
      Seaweed? Man I thought you was local!
      Hee! I said I was local, but I didn't claim to be a particularly good local. After all, I can't speak pidgin to save my life, and blasphemy of blasphemies, I don't particularly like mochi, or haupia, or coconut.

To be honest, I called it "seaweed" because I'm not quite sure whatit is... I just point through the glass at "that green stuff." There are so many variations when it comes to the multitude of sides you can get at a Korean place, I just gesture rather than risk getting it wrong.

Comment

Chicken bake, polish sausage and fruit punch from Costco.

Comment

shoyu chicken, hamburger steak, hambuger curry...we're sharing our lunch
          Leila
          Blue Ridge Telecom
          Blueridge Telecom

Comment

According to my son (since we're in the middle of our 'olelo lesson), we had "chili a me ka rice." lol!
            ~'Ailina

Comment

You know I just got thru with a lengthy posting replying to a thread on how Lingle is holding back spending on programs that feed the poor. Well politics aside, I thought of this thread and thought it would be a good idea to present this idea. When you go out and buy your lunch today or whenever, if you notice a homeless person on the way to the deli, order him/her/them a sandwich/$1 McDonald McChicken or whatever.

Your food no matter how good or bad it is today will taste better and swallow easier knowing that you did something for humanity in a small yet direct way. Don't wait for government intervention to help feed the needy.

Comment

A nice thought, but I think a homeless person could make that $1 go a lot further than the cashier at McDonald's! Besides, give anyone a free burger these days, and you'll likely be looking at an attempted murder charge.

Yesterday I had a combination teishoku from Kabuki restaurant on Kapiolani, sashimi and teriyaki chicken. Today it was back to Wendy's.

Comment

Okay a veggie burger from Down to Earth, you know that Krishna place? DOH!!

Comment

Kahlua Pig from a Sodexho vending machine.

Oh well, was only two dollah.

Comment

• Re: What's for lunch today?

Firm tofu marinated in Shoyu, Sesame oil and green onions over hot rice.
                      Send POI

Comment

thats my wife's favorite too shoyu over her firm tofu.

Comment

I on one low cal diet.....cut out all red meats. Today for lunch I had udon noodles with tofu cubes and watercress.
                          Lovena

Comment

was there any taste at all in there? I would think rusty water would have more flavor than that.

Comment

I'm having Sushi
                              Leila
                              Blue Ridge Telecom
                              Blueridge Telecom

Comment

The lunch buffet from Zaffron in Chinatown. Curry chicken and fresh toasted nan bread... Mmm.

Comment

Working...
                                X