Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What's for Dessert?

Originally posted by ericncyn View Post
    iced skinny venti latte w/sugar free cinnamon dolce. i know most people would count this as "coffee" but i count it as dessert since it's so yummy, plus anything caffeinated is a treat to me bcs i'm sensitive to it (i get very chatty on more than a cup of drip, which is why i can't really have gourmet coffee drinks during the workweek). the whole milk version of my latte is 210 calories, 90 of which are fat, plus if i get the regular flavored syrup, it's 20 cals a pump (and i think they usually do 4 pumps--a whopping 80 cals in addition to the drink itself). the version i get is about 130 cals, 0 fat cals, and 40% of my RDA of calcium. not a bad trade-off!
    Ericncyn:
    I wonder about the fat content of my morning habit: Grande nonfat, sugar-free vanilla, green-tea-latte with lite whipped. It is but a shadow of my former habit, venti nonfat peppermint mocha with lite whipped: I believe that one was like 600 calories. Blessed be the gracious soul who created sugar-free syrups. Bless them!
    Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Originally posted by lavagal View Post
      Ericncyn:
      I wonder about the fat content of my morning habit: Grande nonfat, sugar-free vanilla, green-tea-latte with lite whipped. It is but a shadow of my former habit, venti nonfat peppermint mocha with lite whipped: I believe that one was like 600 calories. Blessed be the gracious soul who created sugar-free syrups. Bless them!
      here ya go (you can go to the nutrition page on starbucks):

Serving Size 16 fl. oz.

Amt Per Serving
      Calories 200
      Fat Calories 5
      Total Fat (g) 0
      Saturated Fat (g) 0
      Trans Fat (g) 0
      Cholesterol (mg) 5
      Sodium (mg) 85
      Total Carbohydrates (g) 42
      Fiber (g) 1
      Sugars (g) 41
      Protein (g) 8
      Vitamin A 10%
      Vitamin C 15%
      Calcium 25%
      Iron 4%
      Caffeine (mg) 80

200 cals is definitely a lot less than 600!
      superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Aha! Mahalo! And by the way, I am a 24HF devotee, thanks to you and your card. I've been every day except Sundays since early September. It's paying off!
        Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Dried bread pudding.

You see, I have this great collection of dried foods (dehydrators are wonderful things), being that I am a firm believer in being prepared for any emergency. So...

Fill a greased baking dish with dried bread cubes or chunks or slices, beat half a dozen eggs with a pint or two of milk and some cinnamon sugar, and pour this over the bread and leave to sit for a few hours or overnight (you might need to add more egg and milk mixture as the bread soaks it up). Pour over lots of melted butter, sprinkle with more sugar, and bake at about 325 or 350 til golden brown and puffy. Good hot, cold, or warm, with or without cream or custard. Sometimes I add dried banana or orange slices or raisins or apples or berries or jam or coconut or chocolate chips or...
          http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
          http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

Moose Tracks Dippin' Dots at the Stan Sheriff Center while I watched the UH Rainbow Wahine volleyball game
            I'd rather be ... LOST

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kanahina View Post
              Moose Tracks Dippin' Dots at the Stan Sheriff Center while I watched the UH Rainbow Wahine volleyball game
              What are the dots made of and what is it that you dip them in?

Comment

Dippin' Dots is "the ice cream of the future"

http://www.dippindots.com/
                I'd rather be ... LOST

sigpic

Comment

more like my afternoon stress-relief snack than dessert, but i had a fudge-filled nestle drumstick. mmm! as i ate it in all its chocolately, sugary-vanilla goodness, i took in the views from the lanai of my work building. made the rest of the afternoon progress much more smoothly than if i hadn't eaten it.
                  superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

At the Greek restaurant I mention often (in the dinner thread), we go there so regularly that the owner/chef usually surprises us with a dessert of some kind that he has created. He doesn't list any desserts on the menu aside from baklava - he just makes a few treats for certain customers. (It probably doesn't hurt that we always bring him treats every time we go to Hawai`i, and so do the AF's parents when they come here.)

My mother's in town today and tomorrow, so we took her to dinner there tonight. We got a "mixed plate" of desserts this time, including a spice cup-cake kinda thing with an orange marmalade on it and a touch of whipped cream; a little scoop of a chocolate-hazelnut mousse, and the oddest one of all (though absolutely delicious) - a little poached eggplant in a citrus/ouzo syrup. Looks like a fig, but it's eggplant.

Comment

I stuck a popsicle stick into a yoghurt and froze it, then peeled off the package and ate it.

Comment

Don't usually do dessert regularly but... two strawberry Poptarts with a couple scoops of french vanilla ice cream... spur of the moment dessert idea.

Comment

Trader Joe's new seasonal specialty Candy Cane Joe-Joe cookies.

Think of an Oreo. Now, take the creamy white center filling, and crush up hard peppermint candies into that filling.

I have decided to limit myself to only three cookies at a time.

Comment

at a dinner last night, i selfishly bought a grasshopper cake (chocolate and mint) cuz i wanted to try it and it was so ono.... thank goodness i left it there cuz i'd eat the whole thing if it were in my fridge!
                            525,600 minutes, 525,000 moments so dear. 525,600 minutes - how do you measure, measure a year?

Comment

Hot pancakes, smeared with strawberry jam.

Mix together 2 1/2 cups flour, 3 teaspoons baking powder, 2 tablespoons sugar, 1/2 teaspoon salt. In another bowl, mix 2 rggs, 1 1/2 cups milk, and 1/2 cup oil. Dump the egg and milk mixture into the dry stuff and stir just til moistened. Have a hot griddle ready and put the batter in blobs into the pan, turn when the bubbles appear.

Comment

Bananas Foster - YUM

2 bananas, 1/2 stick butter, cup brown sugar and about 3 - 4 shots of dark rum.

Melt the butter, add the sugar and stir to a paste. Let carmalize for about 5 minutes, add the 'nanas (cut into coins) and the rum, stir gently to coat the bananas. Let warm and then light the rum on fire (stand by with a pan lid just in case). Agitate to keep it going and let the fire burn itself out. Serve over vanilla ice cream

MMMMMM MMMMMMM!
                                "The children now love luxury; they have bad manners, contempt for authority; they show disrespect for elders and love chatter in place of exercise. Children are now tyrants, not the servants of their households. They no longer rise when elders enter the room. They contradict their parents, chatter before company, gobble up dainties at the table, cross their legs, and tyrannize their teachers."
                                Socrates.

Comment

Working...
                                X