This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What's for Dinner - Chapter 4

That sounds lovely. I buy a couple of lamb shanks each month and then the following month a ham shank.
    I make pea soup (I don't know why us Brits call it that ? There is not a pea in it > mostly lentils).
    As tutusue says, make a lot and freeze it. I think you will find that it freezes well but I never knew you could freeze wine ?

Comment

Taquitos, polish sausage & cheese sandwiches and orange juice.

Comment

Ok, Helen, I'll be the one to ask!!! When you say "sandwiches"...how many? Inquiring minds wanna know!

Comment

Turkey pastrami and cheese sandwiches, veggie snack tray and a can of Mountain Dew. Then a pound of carrots for dessert while watching Lost.

Comment

hi.tonight for our dinner.i had leftover vegetable curry with rice and a diet coke and tomorrow,we'll have turkey breast fried on our frying pan and we'll have rice and maybe a lettuce salad or tofu for me,.not sure yet?

Last Night.we had my homemade vegetable curry with rice and both of us enjoyed it.

Well thank's for your time

Comment

Purchased dinner from Blazing Steaks at Ala Moana Food Court which was a mixed plate of steak and mushroom chicken, rice, lettuce and a cup of Mountain Dew.

Comment

Start off with one bratwurst. The left over juice of the bratwurst is then absorbed into brown rice mixed with steamed fresh green beans, olive oil, tamari, pepper and an herb mix. A little steamed kale on the side. Follow with a Breyer's lime fruit bar. Always satisfying.

Comment

Kraft Easy Mac with a veggie sack pack and a can of Mountain Dew.

Comment

I have to cook this today, Saturday and let it thicken in the slow cooker/crock pot.

We call it Tatty Pot it is very much the same as Lancashire Hot Pot.

Ingredients for 6 people

4 small lamb chops
                    2 medium carrots
                    4 meaty sausages
                    half a pound of black pudding
                    1 medium onion
                    8 medium potatoes
                    6 rashers of bacon
                    1 oxo cube

My Method

I just brown most of the ingredients in a Turin (It's the biggest pan I've got.)
                    Drain off all the oil etc.
                    Then add the carrots, spuds. onions etc. Well ! cover with water but no salt nor pepper will be needed.

After about an hour/half I put it in the slow cooker and leave it, timed for about 8 hours (Think my cousins over there call them crock pots ?)

It has to be left to thicken after today, until Easter Sunday tomorrow.

NO AFTERS :- Just Chocky presents and Easter eggs.

Comment

#3 combo (2 thighs, 1 drumstick, mashed potatoes, cole slaw, biscuit) and a cup of Mountain Dew from KFC.

Comment

I was planning on a tuna sandwich but I got lucky! My very nice landlord and his wife brought me down a plate with baked ham, rice and corn on the cob, along with a small salad & piece of home made apple pie. Oh, and they also brought me a cocktail to go with it! That was sure better than my original plan of a tuna sandwich My landlords are sooooo nice!
                        "Democracy is the only system that persists in asking the powers that be whether they are the powers that ought to be."
                        – Sydney J. Harris

Comment

Cold cut sandwiches and a can of Mountain Dew.

Comment

Potato and Leek Soup

This is four eight. The family are all coming here. 15th April 1989 was the Hillsborough disater. We lost a few of the 96 who were killed. They are going to a ceremony and then coming to mine for a meal.

Very simple but tasty.

Ingredients

4 large leeks
                            8 Medium potatoes
                            2 parsnips
                            2 cloves of garlic
                            Salt 'n pepper

Method

All the ingredients go into the slow cooker/crock pot when they are very finely chopped. I leave it on high until it boils and then put it on simmer/auto for about 3 hrs.

Served with garlic bread (bought in Asda and cooked in the oven.) I am having a lazy day.

Comment

Originally posted by Barry View Post
                              Potato and Leek Soup

This is four eight. The family are all coming here. 15th April 1989 was the Hillsborough disater. We lost a few of the 96 who were killed. They are going to a ceremony and then coming to mine for a meal.

Very simple but tasty.

Ingredients

4 large leeks
                              8 Medium potatoes
                              2 parsnips
                              2 cloves of garlic
                              Salt 'n pepper

Method

All the ingredients go into the slow cooker/crock pot when they are very finely chopped. I leave it on high until it boils and then put it on simmer/auto for about 3 hrs.

Served with garlic bread (bought in Asda and cooked in the oven.) I am having a lazy day.

p.s. You never stop loving people, you just learn to live without them.

Barry

Comment

Sorry about the spelling

Comment

Working...
                                X