This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: What's for Dinner - Chapter 4

Very quickly fried beef patties, served in a baguette and eaten on the run. Many hours later, yoghurt and tangerines, eaten along with Christmas chocolates..
    http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
    http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

Polish sausage, combo slice and a cup of Diet Coke from Costco.

Comment

Pizza slices and a cup of Diet Coke from Sam's Club.

Comment

No dinner served. No lunch, either. Not even any breakfast.

The kids were offered breakfast at the music school, before going out in town to sing carols. Then the ludotec (like a library, but with toys) had a come-and-play day, with more stuff for them to eat. Then there were more cakes and pastries and sausage rolls and coke at the end of the day at the Jardin public.

They're in bed with sore bellies.

Comment

Noodles, a couple of chicken choices and a Diet Coke from Patti's Chinese Kitchen at Ala Moana.

Comment

Another crap food day.

We spent the entire day baking cookies. And eating cookies. And licking beaters and bowls. Cocolate chip cookies, gingerbread cookies, oatmeal cookies, peanut butter cookies, Nutella cookies, to name but a few.

I did make a lovely taco soup...stewing beef, tomatoes, potatoes, greenbeans, corn, onion, garlic, carrot, pintobeans, celery, green pepper, tacospice, thyme, bay, beef stock cube...but nobody wanted much of it.

Comment

Salmon - lots of salmon. Feeding guests from Sweden, before they head off to O`ahu tomorrow (one is originally from Kane`ohe.)

Comment

Mostly home-made Cheesesteak Pizzas, based on a recipe I found here:

http://www.beefitswhatsfordinner.com/recipes/

(It's in the ground beef recipe category.)

The recipe is seriously lacking in seasonings, so I added a BUNCH of minced garlic, some oregano, basil, crushed red pepper flakes -- I think that's it. Also, the capper, literally and figuratively, was the Sargento mozzarella-provolone blend I was stoked to find while shopping yesterday. My cheese-steak fix REQUIRES "provi" ...

The filling was enough for two store-bought, ready-to-top, 12-inch pizza crusts, which I baked on pizza screens from MidCity Restaurant Supply at Y.Hata. The screens allow the crust-bottoms to be wonderfully crunchy, which they would not necessarily be, were they baked on a regular baking sheet or un-vented pizza pan.

I hope you omnivores enjoy the beef Web site, BTW! I stumbled upon it yesterday and have bookmarked it.
                  I know a lot less than what there is to be known.

Comment

Party at a friends place. Meat, cheese, shrimp, various wines and a can of Black Cherry Vallinia Coke.

Comment

I had the same meat, cheese and shrimp as Helen. I opted for only one wine, no soda but I did indulge in a small piece of homemade macadamia nut pie. Ecstasy!!!

It appears that Helen stayed a bit later than I did!

Comment

christmas eve dinner was deep fried turkey, filipino pork bone soup with shanghai cabbage, and rice. additionally, my mom made pancit bihon--eric's favorite, and quite possibly, the best pancit bihon on earth.
                        superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Tonight for Christmas we are having pasteles. It's a tradition always served at christmas time.

Comment

and forgot to add the arroz con gandules to go with the pasteles. El Mucho Gusto.

Comment

rice, blanched broccoli, prawn sinigang with shanghai cabbage, lechon kawali. dessert will be fresh blueberry pie, which my mom picked up yesterday from marie callendar's.
                              superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

ham, three different casseroles, shrimp made in the most fattening way possible, salad, and loooootttttssssaaa desserts.

I think I took three years off of my life tonight.

pax

Comment

Working...
                                X