• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What's for Dinner - Chapter 4

Deli plate lunch from Foodland.

Comment

I was lazy...

So we had boiled tiny potatoes, home-made canned pork and beans, a few slices of bacon that were lurking at the bottom of the freezer, and fried eggs.

And some really good juice from Spain...fruits of the forest...a mixture of strawberry, raspberry, cherry, and red grape juices.
      http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
      http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

And I'm still feeling rather lazy....

So I mad a quick soup. Fried an onion with a chicken stock cube, a bayleaf, a pinch of thyme, a splash of green Tabasco, a pinch of dried parsley, garlic and chive mixture, and a spoonful of flour, then I added water, a jar of homcanned potatoes and one of cabbage and simmered it all til it looked delicious...I squashed the vegetables a bit with a fork...just before eating it I splashed in the rest of a can of evaporated milk and a spoonful of powdered milk. We had croutons over the top.

There'll be almost enough left for tomorrow's lunch, if I throw in a jar of homemade green soup (anything green, steamed with herbs and pureed and canned).

For dessert, there was cake. I put them into canning jars, too...but they never seem to last, as the kids find where I hide them everytime.

4 eggs
        one cup of self-rising flour
        1/2 cup of soft spreadable-kind margarine (the kind in a tub, already soft)
        1/2 cup of sugar
        one teaspoon baking powder

Beat it all for only forty seconds and bake at 350°F til light brown and risen.

You can do this in a small cake pan, or do as I do and bake it in canning jars filled almost halfway full and when just done, cap the jars with lids that have been in almost-boiling water and stick the cakes back into the oven for a few more minutes, then take out and cool and wait for the seals to 'ping'.

(for variety, add vanilla or grated lemonpeel or poppyseeds to the basic batter)

Comment

fresh corned beef, cabbage, potatoes and carrots.
          "chaos reigns within.
          reflect, repent and reboot.
          order shall return."

microsoft error message with haiku poetry

Comment

hi this is sansei and today we're having chicken fried on our frying pan and we'll have rice and for dessert,we may have a apple pie my mom purchased from downtown at a chinese dessert shop so i thought to share this with everyone.

well thank's for your time

Comment

hi this is sansei and tomorrow's dinner,we'll have fried soba with maybe a lettuce salad and i know it'll be yum!

well thank's for your time

Comment

Originally posted by SusieMisajon View Post
                And I'm still feeling rather lazy....

So I mad a quick soup. Fried an onion with a chicken stock cube, a bayleaf, a pinch of thyme, a splash of green Tabasco, a pinch of dried parsley, garlic and chive mixture, and a spoonful of flour, then I added water, a jar of homcanned potatoes and one of cabbage and simmered it all til it looked delicious...I squashed the vegetables a bit with a fork...just before eating it I splashed in the rest of a can of evaporated milk and a spoonful of powdered milk. We had croutons over the top.

There'll be almost enough left for tomorrow's lunch, if I throw in a jar of homemade green soup (anything green, steamed with herbs and pureed and canned).

For dessert, there was cake. I put them into canning jars, too...but they never seem to last, as the kids find where I hide them everytime.

4 eggs
                one cup of self-rising flour
                1/2 cup of soft spreadable-kind margarine (the kind in a tub, already soft)
                1/2 cup of sugar
                one teaspoon baking powder

Beat it all for only forty seconds and bake at 350°F til light brown and risen.

You can do this in a small cake pan, or do as I do and bake it in canning jars filled almost halfway full and when just done, cap the jars with lids that have been in almost-boiling water and stick the cakes back into the oven for a few more minutes, then take out and cool and wait for the seals to 'ping'.

(for variety, add vanilla or grated lemonpeel or poppyseeds to the basic batter)
                Oops! Only use two eggs.

Comment

Pizza slices and a cup of Diet Coke from Sam's Club.

Comment

A chicken leg and thigh and a big salad with veggies.
                    (Note to self: in the future do NOT buy a rotisserie chicken unless it's from Costco...<sigh!>)

Comment

used to be a member of both sam's and costco. only sam's now and their rotisserie chicken is good, too. never had one from costco. don't particularly care for the one from foodland.

tonight: pork chops with sauted onions, peppers and mushrooms.
                      "chaos reigns within.
                      order shall return."

Comment

Was at friend's place for a BBQ. Had lamb, shrimp, corn, sausage and a few cans of Fresca.

Comment

went to ISLAND'S FINE BURGERS & DRINKS at ala moana last night, so tonight I ate my leftovers from that - 1/2 "Hawaiian" Burger - (Pineapple, teriyaki sauce, lettuce, tomato, onion, swiss & mayo), and some onion rings.
                          I'd rather be ... LOST

sigpic

Comment

Slice of pizza, pasta salad and a cup of Mountain Dew from Sbarro.

Comment

Rib eye steak and a green salad! Love my George Foreman grill!

Comment

tonight it's morton's. a pre fixe menu of filet mignon, appetizer, salad and dessert for two all for $109. how can you go wrong?!
                                "chaos reigns within.
                                order shall return."

Comment

Working...
                                X