This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What's for Dinner - Chapter 4

Salmon cakes for me...compliments of this post in the Poor Man's Meals thread! Thanks Amati. I subbed canned salmon for the tuna out of necessity. I was too lazy to walk across the street to the ABC Store! I also had a coupla stalks of celery and some fresh strawberries. It was all yum!

Comment

Just a salad with chopped chicken, hard boiled egg, etc. Oh, and mango and Ranier cherries for dessert again.

Comment

Lamb shanks slow roasted with grilled eggplant, roasted Ho Farms Roma
        tomatoes, Souane Farms carrots, Maui onions, red wine, balsamic vinegar
        kalamata olives, thyme, oregano & rosemary from the herb garden with some
        lemon pepper and fresh lemon juice and zest. Hopefully it will be good just
        threw whatever we had in the pot, it smells good that's for sure!

Comment

Lamb shanks have been on my mind all week! I've gotta find them (I'm in Makaha...definitely not lamb shank territory!) and throw them in the crock pot. I LOVE lamb shanks.

Comment

Chicken Marsala with asparagus and mushroom toppings, garlic mash potatoes and some Iced Tea.

Aloha

Comment

An exercise walk, culminating in some chicken massaman curry.

Comment

not to curry favor, but:
                Thai eggplant/chicken curry made with red curry paste. Yum. Right here at home. With kafir lime leaves, basil and a nice chili pepper from our own garden. Sparkling wine goe so well with a curry, ya know? Nice, dry, cuts right through the coconut milk.
                Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Originally posted by lavagal View Post
                  [...]Thai eggplant/chicken curry made with red curry paste. Yum. [...]
                  Lean Cuisine, perhaps?!
                  <G, D, R...like h3!!>

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
                    Lean Cuisine, perhaps?!
                    <G, D, R...like h3!!>
                    oh darlin, i can't afford to eat prefabricated food! Homemade all the way! my mouth has got that very warm sensation going on now. good stuff!
                    Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Originally posted by lavagal View Post
                      Sparkling wine goe so well with a curry, ya know? Nice, dry, cuts right through the coconut milk.
                      MMMmmmm - excellent touch!

I don't like to drink alcohol after a long, hot walk, though, so I had a freshly-squeezed lime-juice with soda water.

Comment

Combo bowl, cole slaw and a cup of Mountain Dew from KFC.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                          MMMmmmm - excellent touch!

I don't like to drink alcohol after a long, hot walk, though, so I had a freshly-squeezed lime-juice with soda water.
                          that I would just love. Want a sprig of mint with that? a virgin mojito!
                          Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Roast duck with a mushroom sauce, pilaf, zucchini. Shiraz wine.

I also baked at the same time a couple of cornish hens, to be eaten later this week.

I really didn't want to use the oven because it's so hot, but I needed to clean out my freezer. At least I'm set for three more dinners this week.

Comment

The wife got called in to work tonite so it was S&S Saimin with one can vienna sausage inside and also found a frozen pastele that I nuked in the micro.

Comment

Fish & chips with folks from the Seattle Ukulele Players Association, a/k/a/ SUPA.

Comment

Working...
                                X