This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What's for Dinner - Chapter 4

Slice of pizza, chicken tornadoes and a cup of fruit punch from Sam's Club.

Comment

Green salad with diced, roasted chicken, edamame, corn, cheese and bacon bits. Easy!

Comment

Originally posted by kani-lehua View Post
        cyn: sounds like you had a great time! THE CELLAR!!! wow! showing my age now.

anyway, tonight's dinner: chop steak. yum!
        we did! we haven't done any kind of bar hopping in years so our mini crawl was fun.

your post reminds me that i've never made chop steak. *having thoughts*

anyway, tonight eric and i decided to have another waikiki adventure. we went to rum fire again, this time for sunset cocktails in the "fire pit," an astroturfed outside area with relaxed seating highlighted by...fire pits (video at this link). because we were just adjacent to the pool area, we were able to enjoy karla akiona's halau's performance, too.

after relishing the deconstructed pina colada (perfect if you're like eric and not a fan of blended drinks), cucumber & lavendar mojito (our server's favorite), ginger essence white sangria (i ordered this two nights ago; eric liked it so much he ordered it for himself last night) and the fire hydrate (for the tastiest "hammered & buzzed" experience i've had), we ambled over to the hyatt. thanks largely to this post in the japanese food thread, we made reservations at musashi and had the pleasure of enjoying kevin matsuda's performance. totally fun & omigawd, the food was ono--and there was so much of it! pomai pretty much summed up the experience well.
        superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Boiled potatoes tossed with butter and fines herbs.
          http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
          http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

leftover homemade pork adobo with oki potatoes, spiced up with fresh chopped jalapenoes. plus a salad of red leaf lettuce, mint, thai basil, and american parsley, all torn up & tossed together with a lil of angelo pietro's ume dressing.

happy tummies here!
            superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

homemade chicken piccata with the last Meyer lemon from the most recent crop squeezed all over its capers and mushrooms. Whole-wheat linguine, fresh, steamed broccoli. Leftovers for my man. He'll have a nice dinner to take to work tomorrow.

I'm actually thinking of renaming chicken piccata "PMS Chicken" as I pound the itsh out of it and it feels good. LOL!
              Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Various sushi and a bottle of orange Gatorade.

Comment

well, with all the talk about adobo, i decided that's what's for dinner tonight.
                  "chaos reigns within.
                  reflect, repent and reboot.
                  order shall return."

microsoft error message with haiku poetry

Comment

Cheesy Meaty combo with pizza and a cup of Baja Mountain Dew from Taco Bell.

Comment

Homemade bread and soup.

Pumpkin and potato soup. Fry an onion and some garlic, add water and stock, cut in a potato or two and a good sized chunk of pumpkin, add a bayleaf and celery. Simmer til tender, then add a few triangle laughing cow cheeses and mix with the wand blender.

It was also very good served cold with croutons for lunch, today.

Comment

Sunday night: food poisoning, so...
                        Monday night: ginger ale
                        Tonight: who knows? Maybe soup.

(Feeling much better now, thanks for asking. Between Sunday night and now - Tuesday afternoon - I've had three saltines and plenty liquids.)

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
                          Sunday night: food poisoning, so...
                          Monday night: ginger ale
                          Tonight: who knows? Maybe soup.

(Feeling much better now, thanks for asking. Between Sunday night and now - Tuesday afternoon - I've had three saltines and plenty liquids.)
                          What happened to make you so ill?

Comment

Originally posted by SusieMisajon View Post
                            must have been the "outlaws"?!
                            "chaos reigns within.
                            reflect, repent and reboot.
                            order shall return."

microsoft error message with haiku poetry

Comment

Originally posted by SusieMisajon View Post
                              Originally posted by kani-lehua View Post
                              must have been the "outlaws"?!
                              Heh - nah, I think it was the chicken dish at the restaurant we went to that night. It wasn't very good going down, and even worse upon its repeat visits. I know it's hard to confirm what causes f.p., but there were a lot of dots to connect to this one meal.

It sucked that we were hours away from home at the time, so I couldn't really rest for quite a while, and couldn't even keep liquids down, so I was worried about dehydration. You know what I wanted more than anything else at the time? Shave ice. Didn't even want any flavor - just that fine, beautiful coolness - "sno-cones" on the Mainland are no comparison.

Comment

Sushi and a bottle of Orange Gatorade.

Comment

Working...
                                X