X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What's for Dinner - Chapter 4

last night: teriyaki style steak and cole slaw

tonight: turkey chili with mushrooms, onions and two kinds of beans added.
    "chaos reigns within.
    reflect, repent and reboot.
    order shall return."

microsoft error message with haiku poetry

Comment

Double cheeseburgers and chicken McNuggets from McDonalds washed down by a can of Mountain Dew.

Comment

safeway's stompin steakhouse chili with beans over brown rice, doctored with chopped parsley, tapatio hot sauce, plus a few cubes of colby and pepper jack. i'm also nibbling on some pickled limu and dried aku that eric picked up this afternoon from ono seafood, which we agree with pomai, has the best poke in town.

in the meanwhile, tomorrow's dinner is starting in the convection oven. i started a chuck roast seasoned with salt, pepper & garlic powder then encrusted with chili powder, cumin, paprika, oregano, cinnamon & unsweetened cocoa powder. after searing in high heat, i'll bring the temp down, douse it with our last bottle of mac's blackwatch (note for scriv: not as good as black butte's porter), and continue to cook. i plan to cut it up for cinco de mayo tacos tomorrow night. i might add some dona maria mole sauce, too--we picked it up on a whim at safeway. anyway, this crust recipe is an experiment based on a chili seasoning recipe of eric's. i'll let you guys know how this goes.
        Last edited by cynsaligia; May 4, 2008, 10:00 PM. Reason: had to be accurate!
        superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

ground turkey stroganoff (sp) with no yolk noodles.
          "chaos reigns within.
          order shall return."

Comment

Rabbit stew.
            http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
            http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

Tonight I made hamburger curry, but added some teriyaki sauce to give the ground beef some punch. My kids loved it so much I think I'll make it weekly. It's cheap and easy and a better way to stretch a pound of hamburger than using hamburger helper.
              Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

My Mom used to make meatloaf, and she'd put half the meat in the pan, then line up hard-boiled, shelled eggs in a line down the middle, then top with the rest of the beef and bake....each slice would have a slice of egg in the center.
                http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
                http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

chicken encrusted with a mixture of mayo (the reduced fat kind), mustard and almonds accompanied by beets (first time cooking my own).
                  "chaos reigns within.
                  order shall return."

Comment

Tonight it's teriyaki chicken maranated all morning and slow cooked all afternoon...and rice of course!
                    Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Had a delish dinner at Indigo's...
                      Grilled Rib Eye Beef with Black Peppercorn Sauce and Shiitake Mushrooms and Mashed Potatoes...
                      Got to bring half of it home for lunch tomorrow.
                      Then the table shared a chocolate cloud thingie that was to die for!

Comment

either left over chicken from last night or italian turkey sausage with some kind of pasta.
                        "chaos reigns within.
                        order shall return."

Comment

antacid. i knew it was going to happen, but i ate it any way. hadn't had yami yogurt in years and it triggered my acid reflux. burp.
                          "chaos reigns within.
                          order shall return."

Comment

Lobster sausage, Mac&Cheese and cup of Mountain Dew from Hank Haute Dogs.

Comment

Double cheeseburgers, McChicken sandwich and a cup of fruit punch from McDonalds.

Comment

last night: fried fish and cucumber salad.

tonight: black bean chicken with onions and bell peppers and veggie chow fun.
                                "chaos reigns within.
                                order shall return."

Comment

Working...
                                X