This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What's for Dinner - Chapter 4

eric and i shared a turkey bacon/jalapeno/tomato scramble last night, and downed it with sam adam's black lager. mmmmm! beeeeeeer!
    superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Last night my wife gave me a break from cooking. She went to our grill and grilled up some massive 2-inch thick boneless pork chops from Safeway using a salt, herbs and a cayenne pepper rub that was to die for. Polished it off with a Smirnoff Iced beer and this satisfied puppy went lights out by 9pm.

My wife sure knows how to love me...thru my tummy.
      Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

2 choice plate with noodles and a cup of Mountain Dew from Panda Express.

Comment

Something called the Big Box Meal (or something like it) from Taco Bell.

Comment

i don't have time to describe it much, but two nights ago, eric and i went to los chaparros on beretania.

we started the meal with matching shots of don julio anejo (woo hoo! great way to soothe a canker sore on the back of my throat!). then came the red snapper ceviche. the owners tell you to add as much hot sauce as you like yourself, so you can make it spicy or enjoy it as is (it's tasty w/o the tapatio, but we like it hot). eric ordered the chicken mole, and the sauce was a deep savory cocoa experience. i had the chili verde. the pork was tender and the sauce seasoned quite well with herbs. actually, the seasoning is the thing at LC. refried beans can be bland but theirs is brightened by seasonings like cumin. neither are they fatty. we drank carta blanca whilst eating our entrees. dessert was a flan and a b-52 coffee (italian coffee, grand marnier, kahlua, bailey's).

it's my new favorite mexican restaurant. here's nadine kam's review.

oh, and then we went to see iron man. so cool have only 20 people in the same theatre as you, and all of them relatively quiet so you can fully enjoy the show. loved the movie!
            superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

sam's club rotisserie chicken tossed with penne pasta and grilled veggies.
              "chaos reigns within.
              reflect, repent and reboot.
              order shall return."

microsoft error message with haiku poetry

Comment

Chicken McNuggets, Southern Style Chicken sandwich and a cup of Diet Coke from the Ala Moana McDonalds.

Comment

laulau and lomi sardines (sardines, tomatoes and onions with shoyu).
                  "chaos reigns within.
                  order shall return."

Comment

Mac & Cheese, a couple of hot dogs and a cup of Mountain Dew from Hank's Haute Dog.

Comment

beef roast, baked potatoes and tomato w/basil and cheese salad.
                      "chaos reigns within.
                      order shall return."

Comment

Costco DIY spinach salad with Poppy Seed dressing. Comes with generous amounts of fresh spinach, grated mozzarella, grape tomatoes, bacon, red onion, hard-boiled eggs, sliced mushrooms. Added some diced roasted chicken to that.

Comment

Munching on double Cheeseburgers, McChicken, Southern Style Chicken sandwich and a cup of fruit punch.

Comment

Homemade pork and beans, hotdogs, and coke.

I finally figured out how to make what reasonable passes for Campbell's beans...can't get em over here....

Soak small beans (I use what's called cocos) overnight and then drain them and fill up canning jars almost halfway full. Bury a small piece of porkbelly in the beans (optional), and fill the jars with a mixture of one part ketchup to three parts water. Seal and pressure can one hour and fifteen minutes at ten pounds pressure.

Different brands of ketchup will give you widely different tastes...I prefer Heinz.
                            http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
                            http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

had some leftover roast, not much. turned it into curry for ramen.
                              "chaos reigns within.
                              order shall return."

Comment

Originally posted by DNR55 View Post
                                Costco DIY spinach salad with Poppy Seed dressing. Comes with generous amounts of fresh spinach, grated mozzarella, grape tomatoes, bacon, red onion, hard-boiled eggs, sliced mushrooms. Added some diced roasted chicken to that.
                                that's a good one. I keep saying I'm going to get a costco membership just so I can get one of those whenever I want.. It's amazing the price compared to a smaller "chef" salad you buy at Safeway..
                                n'importe

Comment

Working...
                                X