X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What's for Dinner - Chapter 4

Originally posted by leashlaws View Post
    What were some of the best things you tried there? Lucky you!
    I should mention it wasn't a buffet style; rather, order off the menu...anything! I ordered the petite filet and lobster. Melt in the mouth delicious. I had a bite of another guest's scallops, kampachi, roasted beet salad...a mini family style dinner!

Of the 6 dinner guests, 2 celebrate August birthdays. Our table was treated to an entire cake...an unbelievable indulgence that's not on the menu. That was followed by the Bali's traditional chocolate Diamond Head complete with a "lava flow" effect (dry ice) and rimmed in chocolate truffles.

It was an evening of pure, unadulterated, gastronomical sinning! HEAVEN!

Comment

Nothing exciting tonite. Just some Chicken long rice.
      Bitter & Sweet....all in one bite.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
        I should mention it wasn't a buffet style; rather, order off the menu...anything! I ordered the petite filet and lobster. Melt in the mouth delicious. I had a bite of another guest's scallops, kampachi, roasted beet salad...a mini family style dinner!

Of the 6 dinner guests, 2 celebrate August birthdays. Our table was treated to an entire cake...an unbelievable indulgence that's not on the menu. That was followed by the Bali's traditional chocolate Diamond Head complete with a "lava flow" effect (dry ice) and rimmed in chocolate truffles.

It was an evening of pure, unadulterated, gastronomical sinning! HEAVEN!
        That sounds great!! Lucky you to have such generous and fun friends to
        celebrate with! Thanks for answering! I'm glad to hear it was wonderful as some have posted (in food forums) that the service and food have greatly slipped recently. Great that you had such a good time!

Comment

broiled salmon encrusted with dill and almonds.
          "chaos reigns within.
          reflect, repent and reboot.
          order shall return."

microsoft error message with haiku poetry

Comment

shoots! my salmon didn't defrost in time for dinner (had it in the refrigerator since last night). so i had to think quick. made stroganoff with the leftover sam's chicken. added onions, mushrooms, zucchini and parsley. mom loved it. but, okay, enough chicken already.

tomorrow: da salmon
            "chaos reigns within.
            order shall return."

Comment

Originally posted by leashlaws View Post
              [...] I'm glad to hear it was wonderful as some have posted (in food forums) that the service and food have greatly slipped recently. Great that you had such a good time!
              I have yet to dine at the Bali when the service and food haven't been exemplary. It's my favorite dining experience in Honolulu altho' it's pricey so I, maybe, dine there 3 times a year. It's always reserved for special occasions and usually with visiting mainland friends and family. The restaurant is top notch, imnsho!

Comment

I've just heard that from people who were disappointed that Adam Hightower
                left to relocate back to the mainland. It's those food forums you know

Comment

Ribeye steak, other stuff and a cup of Diet Coke from the Steak and Fish Company at Ala Moana Food Court.

Comment

Originally posted by kani-lehua View Post
                    shoots! my salmon didn't defrost in time for dinner (had it in the refrigerator since last night). so i had to think quick.[...]
                    That certainly beats my last week's salmon experience. Took it out of the freezer in the morning and placed it in a colander in the sink to defrost with the intention of putting it in the fridge after a couple of hours. Got called to a last minute, unexpected meeting, went to the grocery store while I was out and about, got home and didn't revisit the kitchen 'til after 5p. By then the salmon was room temp for God only knows how long. I'm not a risk taker. The salmon found it's way to the trash chute.

Comment

Pork with long beans and black bean sauce. Maybe some broccoli.

Comment

stuffed trout with almondine sauce and a small salad. chardonnay.

Comment

Tonight's special @ Spots: low-carb steamed mahi.

One scoop each of mac salad & rice with the steamed mahi under a bed of minced ginger / green onion & over a bed of udon, all soaking in sesame oil and shoyu. The udon was a total surprise.

Palama Mama had the teriburger with fries - she ate half. Second half is midnight snack for me. No like waste food. Call it a late dinner.
                          Last edited by Palama Kid; August 15, 2008, 08:48 PM. Reason: editing
                          Born in Hawaii, too - Truss me

Comment

shoyu chicken, brown rice and avocado salad.
                            "chaos reigns within.
                            order shall return."

Comment

Double cheeseburgers, McChicken sandwich and a cup of Diet Coke from McDonalds.

Comment

BBQ Tonight....Salmon, Beef & Veggie Shish-Kabobs!

Comment

Working...
                                X