Page 42 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3240414243 LastLast
Results 1,026 to 1,050 of 1060

Thread: What's for Dinner - Chapter 4

Default Re: What's for Dinner - Chapter 4

Grilled flap steak (beats rib eye and filet mignon, imnsho!), green salad, strawberries and a glass of wine!

sansei Guest

Red face Re: What's for Dinner - Chapter 4

hi,tonight my mom and i had fried rice with a tomato and lettuce salad and i had one pork hash and my mom and i shared a chinese dessert which is rice cake and it was all good.

not sure what's for tomorrow's dinner?

Well thank's for your time

living in sin in kaimuki w/mixedplatebroker

pinakbet: tonight's version used kabocha pumpkin, eggplant, bittermelon, shishito peppers and hauula tomatoes with finely chopped ginger, onion and shallots plus about twelve dried ebi that added a nice bit of flavor as it reconstituted in the juices the veggies extruded as they cooked. we shared a very large pork chop that i simply salted & peppered before searing to crispy outside, steamy medium inside. all over brown rice. dessert was ripe mango that our neighbor dropped off yesterday (we're lucky our neighbors and eric's mom both have mango trees so we don't miss out during the summer). we shared a bottle of sam adams double bock from tamura's. we're content, esp after a day spent at the farm fair and grocery shopping.
    superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

A steelhead trout fillet, small yam, green salad and half a sugar-free fudgesicle!

sansei Guest

hi,tonight,we had a type of homemade hash with white potato included and bok choy and small amount of shoyu on rice and it was good.not sure what's for tomorrow's dinner? If i think of cooking,i'll post it here.

well thank's for your time

Roast beef and turkey cold cut sandwiches and a can of Mountain Dew.

One of my cousins is home for her annual visit; she's called Seattle her "second home" for over 30 years now. Dinner last night was at Side Street Inn, one of our "must go" places when she's in town.

After a toast with everyone's beverage of choice (mine was a nice, tall Newcastle Ale on tap), our party of eight chowed down on: Garlic Edamame; Tofu w/Ponzu sauce; Caesar Salad; the famous Pork Chops; Lilikoi Ribs; Pesto-crusted Ahi; Sizzling Boneless Kalbi, and Fried Rice (of course!).

Hardly anyone had room for dessert, but a few of us had coffee and managed to share an order of the fabulous House Bread Pudding... a satisfying finish to a splendid meal!
    To be, or musubi... What was da question?

Sausage and cheese sandwiches with can of Mountain Dew.

Chicken breast, marinated for about 2 hrs. in Kraft Greek Vinagrette Dressing w/Feta cheese & oregano in it. Added some dill & pepper to the marinade. It was very tasty, tender & juicy - cooked on my Cuisinart Grill. I would recommend this dressing as a marinade - it's also quite good on a salad.

last night's dinner, prepared by eric: zaru soba (eric's tsuyu is accented with wasabi, lemon chives, and green tea nori); broiled shishamo seasoned with kosher salt, ground pepper, and lime; and a simple red leaf lettuce salad dressed with olive oil & balsamic.

tonight's dinner, prepared by a bar/grill we will not name*: overly oily portuguese sausage and onion fried rice, overdone and underseasoned prime rib with fries that were not cooked in oil that was hot enough, and overpriced shrimp cocktail. the saving grace was the three bottles of newcastle we shared.

meal last night cost us less than a tenth tonight's meal, but it was a million times more enjoyable. sigh.

*won't name it bcs the cook tonight was not the usual person.
    superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Sausage and cheese sandwiches with a can of Mountain Dew. Cooking a cup of Hamburger Helper.

no dinner for me tonite - just had a tooth pulled. I'm on liquids only til tomorrow. and I"M HUNGRY!!!!

(and Auntie Lynn just had dental work too so she is another who probably can't eat tonite)

Quote Originally Posted by anapuni808 View Post
    no dinner for me tonite - just had a tooth pulled. I'm on liquids only til tomorrow. and I"M HUNGRY!!!!
    omg! i can totally relate! many moons ago, in preparation for getting braces, i had to have six teeth pulled (big teeth + small face = bad overbite where teeth overlap = removal of one molar & two bicuspids on each side of mouth). they did one side one week, the other the next week. i was so miserable and in pain. my only two friends were tylenol with codeine and jack in a box milk shakes eaten with a straw. maybe that will soothe you somewhat until you can have more solid food?

(and Auntie Lynn just had dental work too so she is another who probably can't eat tonite)

ooooh! is that what happened? when i read last night that she was at queen's ED with an ice pack on her face, i worried that some moron clocked her at work. if so, i was gonna hope she paid em back with a generous helping of whack whacks!

sansei Guest

hi,last night,we my mom and i had homemade stew which was from a catalouge on which my mom get's in the mail and this is called a quickie stew and it was good.

tonight.we're having the quickie stew leftover's on rice.

well thank's for your time

chicken salsa. garlic couscous from a box. sauteed broccoli.

Yea - I can eat again Tonite it will be pasta with Boursin cheese melted into it after cooking. Boursin makes a really great "sauce" with pasta. Doesn't take much to make a really good dish. Alas - no wine though. Antibiotics & pain killers just don't mix well with alcohol

Quote Originally Posted by cynsaligia View Post
    ooooh! is that what happened? when i read last night that she was at queen's ED with an ice pack on her face, i worried that some moron clocked her at work. if so, i was gonna hope she paid em back with a generous helping of whack whacks!
    Roz Caldo dis morning and Macaroni and Cheese foa dinner. Nothing tastes good. I still have fever. On antibiotics and bed rest. Root canal. I'm not afraid no moa.

Auntie Lynn
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Polish sausage and cheese sandwiches and a mini can of Mountain Dew.

Rice Krispies. Dry, b/c I hate milk and refuse to drink it, even on cereal.

Can't think of anything creative this time

Stuffed Breast of lamb

Simple:-

Remove the bone. Pour boiling water over a sausage to remove the skin and mash it with Paxo stuffing. Roll it in the breast of lamb and tie it with twine. Pop it in the oven. When it's roasted, I let it cool and it becomes firm enough to slice for sandwiches etc.

Vietnamese-style pork chops with rice and salad.

Hamburger Steak from Kevin's in Kalihi.

Mac Salad, two scoops rice and one almond cookie for dessert.

Yeah...gravy all ova.

Auntie Lynn
    Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
    Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Polish sausage and cheese sandwiches with a mini can of Mountain Dew.

sansei Guest

hi tonight we had vealcutet with Rice and a lettuce and tomato salad and everything was good.not sure what's for tomorrow's dinner?

Well thank's for your time

Seafood pasta with pesto cream sauce, broccoli, bread... that yummy rosemary loaf bread from Costco.

Page 42 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3240414243 LastLast