This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What's for Lunch - Chapter 12

everyone enjoy! as long as it's not sekiya's! too bad, i used to like to go there.
    "chaos reigns within.
    reflect, repent and reboot.
    order shall return."

microsoft error message with haiku poetry

Comment

I whipped out the crock pot yesterday and made a pot of slow-cooked ham bone soup for dinner last night. Today I had it for lunch.

I make all of my soups from scratch and this one was a winner. I started with one big ham bone (frozen from Thanksgiving) with some generous portions of meat and fat coupled with the honey glazing.

I added enough water to cover about two thirds of the bone and let it come to a boil. I added some Black-eyed peas that were soaking for a few hours, carrots, potatoes, celery, onions, and diced tomatoes.

Taking it down to a simmer I added garlic, alae salt, ginger, black pepper, parsley, oregano and a bay leaf.

About 15-minutes before serving I added corn starch to thicken the soup and added some maple syrup to give it a hearty flavor.

This morning I took out the pot and reheated it but this time adding some Rotini noodles and a bit more corn starch turning the left over soup into a very rich Ham stew.

So for lunch today it was Ham stew over rice and a nice bottle of Smirnoff Ice Wild Grape malt beverage (flavored beer) under the Avacado tree with the sound of a nice breeze whistling thru my Ironwoods and the waves crashing in the distance.

Now that's how to have a lunch on a Tuesday.
      Life is what you make of it...so please read the instructions carefully.

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
        Ham stew over rice and a nice bottle of Smirnoff Ice Wild Grape malt beverage (flavored beer) under the Avacado tree with the sound of a nice breeze whistling thru my Ironwoods and the waves crashing in the distance.
        Now that's how to have a lunch on a Tuesday.
        Amen to that. Sure sounds good!
        For me it was a Loco Moco from KJ's Local Grindz and a glass of milk, while sitting on my front lanai looking out over Kaneohe Bay. Light breeze and, of course, no waves crashing here, but they sure are out on the reef.

That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
          Amen to that. Sure sounds good!
          For me it was a Loco Moco from KJ's Local Grindz and a glass of milk, while sitting on my front lanai looking out over Kaneohe Bay. Light breeze and, of course, no waves crashing here, but they sure are out on the reef.
          Ahhh yeah, life's good for me. Bills paid, getting a buzz on a Tuesday afternoon on a full tummy while everybody else is at work. Sooooo relaxing. Man this feels like a Corona beer commercial

Comment

Originally posted by craigwatanabe View Post
            Ahhh yeah, life's good for me. Bills paid, getting a buzz on a Tuesday afternoon on a full tummy while everybody else is at work.
            You've already got a theme song, Craig -- Jonathan Edwards classic bluesy 1971 "Shanty": "We're gonna lay around the shanty, mama, and put a good buzz on."
            Listen to it at this link and then tell me you've adopted this song!
            Awesome harmonica, too.

Comment

Originally posted by LikaNui View Post
              You've already got a theme song, Craig -- Jonathan Edwards classic bluesy 1971 "Shanty": "We're gonna lay around the shanty, mama, and put a good buzz on."
              Listen to it at this link and then tell me you've adopted this song!
              Awesome harmonica, too.
              Yeah sounds about right! Tomorrow will be a bit different however as DirecTV's coming in to install the five HD boxes and two 4-ft dishes while I'm working on replacing the garage door opener that decided to fail this afternoon. $250 worth of opener, remote clickers, wall remote and a cold six-pack awaits me for tomorrow.

Comment

A giant pacific pink salmon, baked for half an hour at 200°c, and served with boiled potatoes, steamed carrots and broccoli, and rivers of hollandaise sauce. Winter tomatoes and onions in vinaigrette to start, and country bread with walnuts and camembert cheese to finish. Rich dark chocolate and coffee at the end. The favorite family lunch of all time.
                http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
                http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

Cheeseburgers and a bottle of Diet Coke with Lime.

Comment

Salmon patties.

Leftover salmon and hollandaise from yesterday's lunch smashed and mixed with egg, breadcrumbs, chopped onion, parsley, garlic and Tabasco, formed into small cakes and fried. Potato salad made with leftover cold potatoes. Yesterday's broccoli and carrots reheated with chives and butter.
                    http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
                    http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

Joined my dad for lunch at Yohei Sushi Restaurant (1111 Dillingham Blvd., #E1A). He had the natto bowl, I went with the basic sushi combo "B." Yum!

Comment

Cheeseburger, salad, and iced tea with lemon, at "The Shack" in Hawaii Kai.

Comment

Too lazy to make a salad so I bought the Asian salad from McDonalds with the Ginger dressing and a small Vanilla iced coffee.

Comment

Chicken salad sandwiches and a bottle of Diet Coke.

Comment

Stuffed Tomato with Tuna and it tastes horrible. I miss gravy and pork chops.

I exercise and walk in the morning and evening. My scale is malfunctioning. It won't go under two hundred. I no kid you. It has a mind of it's own.

Don't LAUGH.

Auntie Lynn
                              Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                              Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
                                Don't LAUGH.

Auntie Lynn

I...can't...resist!!!!!

Oh Auntie, I had steak for lunch today. And my scale seems to start at 200 too!

Comment

Working...
                                X