Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: What's for Lunch - Chapter 12

living in sin in kaimuki w/mixedplatebroker

Default Re: What's for Lunch - Chapter 12

half a superferry burger! or, at least that's what i'm calling them anyway. i got this email at work this morning:

Please join us today outside at the coffee cart for some Fresh Homemade Hamburgers made by Chef David Dixon. Chef David is the Manager for the Superferry and is helping is out this week while they wait for approval to sail. Stop by and visit and enjoy his creation.
    the burgers were at least 1/4 pound, hand-made, with american cheese, bacon, your choice of fixins (tomatoes, onions, ketchup, mustard, mayo, bbq sauce, teri sauce), on a garlic burger roll. add your choice of chips or salad (i got salad w/french dressing) plus a can of soda...$6.25. yum! as i said--could only eat half. otherwise, i'd be asleep at the keyboard right now.
    superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

First time I ate at Quizno's today....had the Broccoli Cheese Bread Bowl and it was deeeeelicious!
    Lovena

Cheeseburger, fried saimin noodles and a bottle of Diet Coke with Lime.

Cyn-made tuna salad sandwich w/capers & provolone on Fritz's sourdough. yum
    "If it's brown, it's cooked. If it's black, it's f***ed" - G. Ramsey

Cheeseburger, chicken salad sandwich and a bottle of Diet Coke with Lime.

Nissin Cup Noodles. I can't wait for payday.
    But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
    GrouchyTeacher.com

the other half of my superferry burger (see my entry for yesterday's lunch above); half an odwalla monster C juice (eric & i are both fighting colds).
    superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Peanut Butter Crunch meal replacement bar
    4 New York Style Sea Salt Bagel Crisps
    water
    I'd rather be ... LOST

Big burger, fries and a Coors light from Big City Diners.

Red face Re: What's for Lunch - Chapter 12

You know what? I forgot to have lunch today.

Wish I could forget more often. My shirts are getting a little tight.

water
    I'd rather be ... LOST

eric and i trekked to waipahu to meet one of his clients. while there, we had lunch at thelma's: shrimp sinigang (filipino hot-sour soup--i chose this in hopes it would help eric's sore throat), thelma's special (filipino crispy roast pork with tomatoes and onions over which a patis-based sauce was poured) and green salad of sayote leaves, dressed with a patis.

very satisfying, and not too heavy.

1 manapua (not quite all of it - i threw away some of the bread part)
    1 pork hash
    New York Style Sea Salt Bagel Crisps
    water
    I'd rather be ... LOST

along with some leftover salmon poke and kim chee shrimp poke, i ate combo of watercress/tofu/tomato salad on one side, romaine greens with a lil blue cheese plus some cranberries upon which i drizzled some balsamic vinegar & a bit of olive oil--all from kapahulu safeway. pretty good.

leftover Pizza Hut pizza
    New York Style Sea Salt Bagel Crisps
    water
    I'd rather be ... LOST

Cheeseburger and a bottle of Diet Coke with Lime.

Red face Re: What's for Lunch - Chapter 12

Coworkers took me to Uncle's Fish Market at Pier 38. I had the shrimp and calamari combo. Almost everything about that place is just right... except the prices are a bit steep.

Quote Originally Posted by pzarquon View Post
    Almost everything about that place is just right... except the prices are a bit steep.
    AND they close at 5. Lame.
    But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
    GrouchyTeacher.com

water
    I'd rather be ... LOST

Beef pasta Hamburger Helper, rice, and lemonaide sooooooo full yummy
    Today is the first day of the rest of my life.

Hamburger, chicken salad sandwich and a bottle of Diet Coke with Lime.

Ideta's saba shioyaki & chicken in ginger sauce combination. Hot green tea. Salmon skin temaki.
    "If it's brown, it's cooked. If it's black, it's f***ed" - G. Ramsey

Quote Originally Posted by MixedPlateBroker View Post
    Ideta's saba shioyaki & chicken in ginger sauce combination. Hot green tea. Salmon skin temaki.

again, with the way better lunch than me. *sigh*

i had a chewy roast duck in hoisin-y sauce with steamed broccoli, multi-color carrots, green beans and cauliflower plus brown rice.

water
    I'd rather be ... LOST

Lazy day soup....one bag of roasted onions from the freezer, a can of tomatoes, one each of home canned corn, potatoes, carrots, soupbeef, mixed greens, a handful each of dehydrated peppers, broccoli, celery, greenbeans, wheatberies, pintobeans and leeks, a pinch of thyme, basil, oregano, cumin, paprika, garlic, pepper, cloves, alspice, and a bayleaf, two beef stock cubes, a big spoonful of tacospice, a splash of Tabasco, and enough water to fill the pot. Simmered all day and eaten with a hot, fresh baguette and sweet butter.

Page 2 of 45 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast