X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: What's for Lunch - Chapter 12

went to Burgers on the Edge with the hubby on Saturday:

the burgers and sweet potato fries were awesome!
    I'd rather be ... LOST

sigpic

Comment

yesterday's lunch was a can of safeway's eating right turkey chili mixed with a can of campbell's fiesta nacho cheese soup plus a can of stewed tomatoes, spiked with four glugs of kona brewing's pipeline porter, a slosh of worchestershire sauce, some garlic powder, chili powder, cayenne pepper, paprika, salt and ground pepper, all over whole wheat spaghetti noodles.

sandra lee was my model to follow in the kitchen, apparently. but my pantry chili tasted pretty good...just not as good as eric's turkey chili with black beans and jalapeno paste.
      superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

Sandwiches and a bottle of Diet Coke Lime.

Comment

Black bean chicken, noodles and a cup of Mountain Dew from U Choice In.

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Lakio View Post
            Saturday: chili, with a touch of sadness. I went again to World Class Chili in Pike Place Market (I've mentioned it in previous lunch threads here, here and here), to remember owner Joe Canavan, who passed away recently while snorkeling on vacation, off the coast of Maui. Last time I saw Joe was earlier in November, a few days before he headed off to Hawai`i.

In the past several years, he taught his recipe to a woman who was his only employee; she started there after he had health issues a few years ago. She has no idea if the shop will remain open much longer - Joe's widow hasn't decided yet.

Obituary here.
            UPDATE: Closing at the end of the year. Truly the end of an era in Seattle's Pike Place Market. The man gave up a lucrative and successful career to follow his dream, but it dies with him.

Comment

Chicken salad sandwiches and a bottle of Diet Coke Lime.

Comment

I enjoyed a lunch date with my wife. We munched on greek gyro sandwiches and fries.

Comment

It will be smoked salmon on homemade wholegrain bread with sweet butter.
                  http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
                  http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

Took family to new downtown restaurant/pub, JJ Dolan's, on Bethel, across from Mark's Garage. Great pizza (that's all they serve) and a wonderful bottle of Italian wine! This place will definitely become my downtown hangout! San Francisco vibe, wide screen TVs, beautiful koa bar, occasional live music...love it! The 2 owners have lots of downtown restaurant experience; one come out of Murphy's and the other out of O'Tooles. Did I mention I loved the pizza?

Comment

Polish sausage, turkey wrap and a cup of Diet Coke from the Costco Food Court.

Comment

Turkey wrap, polish sausage and a cup of Diet Coke from Costco.

Comment

Pastrami footlong and a cup of Diet Coke from Subways.

Comment

Auntie Lynn's Portuguese Bean Soup!

Comment

Trader Joe's Creamy Corn and Roasted Pepper soup with a handful of cooked, de-tailed shrimp. I've also used Costco's veggie potstickers in place of the shrimp. Oh so ono, either way.

Comment

I joined the Geek Lunch today at Kakaako Kitchen and had an old favorite, 5-spice chicken with brown rice and tossed salad. Couldn't eat it all, and it wasn't all that like I used to think when it was a favorite of mine. Love the calamari salad but didn't want to do the salad or pasta thing in a crowd. I always get something stuck in my teeth and there I am trying to be personable!
                                Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Working...
                                X