Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you brush your teeth before or after breakfast?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you brush your teeth before or after breakfast?

Growing up, every adult I knew yelled at their kids (myself included) to brush their teeth before coming to the breakfast table. I always refused, and ate first. I mean, wtf?! Your teeth are just gonna get greasy after you munch on links, eggs, and pancakes.
    Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Re: Do you brush your teeth before or after breakfast?

I brush them after breakfast and before retiring to bed at night.

I agree with you, Mike. What's the point of brushing them before breakfast?

Comment

Originally posted by Surfingfarmboy View Post
      I brush them after breakfast and before retiring to bed at night.

I agree with you, Mike. What's the point of brushing them before breakfast?
      word. and juices taste bad if you brush first.
      Twitter: LookMaICanWrite

flickr

Comment

i brush before and after and yes when i was employed i would keep a tootbrush and colgate in my desk so i could brush after lunch.

make my kids brush em before and after too.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_Lowery View Post
          word. and juices taste bad if you brush first.

I agree with you both! Orange Juice is just plain NASTY after you brush your teeth. AFTER breakfast for me! I brush 'em, floss 'em, and Listerine 'em at least three times a day. A little bit of neurosis kicks in after each meal....
          So long...and thanks for all the fish!

Comment

Well, since I never eat breakfast I guess I would say before. And before bed at night.

Comment

It depends on how hungry I am when I get up in the morning!

Comment

Usually before since I take breakfast at my desk at work.
                "If it's brown, it's cooked. If it's black, it's f***ed" - G. Ramsey

Comment

Originally posted by MixedPlateBroker View Post
                  Usually before since I take breakfast at my desk at work.
                  ditto, since we carpool. <--- like my clean teefs?
                  superbia (pride), avaritia (greed), luxuria (lust), invidia (envy), gula (gluttony), ira (wrath) & acedia (sloth)--the seven deadly sins.

"when you wake up in the morning, tell yourself: the people i deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly..."--meditations, marcus aurelius (make sure you read the rest of the passage, ya lazy wankers!)

nothing humiliates like the truth.--me, in conversation w/mixedplatebroker re 3rd party, 2009-11-11, 1213

Comment

The point about brushing your teeth in the morning, whether you eat or not, is to get rid of the tooth-eating bacteria that has been busy during the night, while you have been sleeping and not salivating enough to wash them away.
                    http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
                    http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

Growing up, every adult I knew yelled at their kids (myself included) to brush their teeth before coming to the breakfast table. I always refused, and ate first. I mean, wtf?! Your teeth are just gonna get greasy after you munch on links, eggs, and pancakes.
                      I know what you mean! My father was very strict about his kids coming to the breakfast table with teeth already brushed, hair groomed, and dressed ready to go to school. He claimed it was a major turnoff to see disheveled persons with halitosis at the dining room table.

Since I live alone, I brush my teeth after I have had breakfast. But if I was living with someone who I had an intimate relationship with, then I probably would go back to the way I was raised. The exception being that I would also brush after I had breakfest.

Comment

Before Breakfast, and before bed, what happens in between is up to me.

It s all a cycle. Do you think, oh I am eating a meal leem go brush, or would you rather brush after. But even after, is always gonna lead to another meal...just brush, that is all I say.
                        flickr

An email from God:
                        To: People of Earth
                        Date: 9/04/2007
                        Subject: stop

knock it off, all of you

seriously, what the hell

--
                        God

Comment

I always brush after I wake up, just to get rid of that gunky feeling. I don't always eat breakfast, but if I do (usually just oatmeal), I may or may not brush again, depending on how rushed I am.

Comment

Those little bacterias (the ones that work all night to ruin your teeth), they are fast workers...the damage begins less than twenty minutes after you eat something. So you gotta brush right after eating anything.

(I know this works, because my kids have only one cavity between the four of them, in seventeen years)

PS You also gotta floss or use an oral jet thingy, both for those hard-to-get bits AND for gum massage...perfectly good teeth can be ruined by gum disease.
                            http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
                            http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

I tend to brush my teeth before breakfast and before I go to bed and sleep. Who doesn't brush their teeth?
                              Aloha Kakou, maluhia a me aloha mau loa (Hello everyone, peace and love forever)

Comment

Working...
                              X