Public schools on the North Shore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Public schools on the North Shore

My third grader will be attending school in the Waialua area right after Christmas, not sure which school. Now my husband and I are both old military brats (emphasis on the "old") and attended public school systems throughout the mainland, and some DoD schools overseas. That was, well, let's say before 1980. I was reviewing the "feeder preschool" thread and really began to wonder about the need for a private school. My spouse's take is "if necessary at all, maybe middle or high school" and I agree. Currently the child is in the gifted/talented realm at school, and I wonder if they will test prior to placement. What do you think?

Re: Public schools on the North Shore

YAY Bulldogs!
    http://thissmallfrenchtown.blogspot.com/
    http://thefrenchneighbor.blogspot.com/

Comment

THAT is a Good Start! You are up early....

oh, sorry, i saw where you are.....guess it is late in France.

Comment

Originally posted by cyleet99 View Post
        My third grader will be attending school in the Waialua area right after Christmas, not sure which school. Now my husband and I are both old military brats (emphasis on the "old") and attended public school systems throughout the mainland, and some DoD schools overseas. That was, well, let's say before 1980. I was reviewing the "feeder preschool" thread and really began to wonder about the need for a private school. My spouse's take is "if necessary at all, maybe middle or high school" and I agree. Currently the child is in the gifted/talented realm at school, and I wonder if they will test prior to placement. What do you think?
        Waialua's schools are good from what I hear. When we looked into private there was one in Millilani which was great but expensive. But other than that most of them are closer to town or at the bottom of H2 and H1 crossing. As far as testing they might but from what I have experienced they go by the childs class schedule and record. They could move up a grade but they don't have magnet classes like in california (well when we looked into it) but they did suggest moving them up a grade. But if you qualify the Hawaiian schools are the best. Well good luck on your search. The North Shore is a great area if you can afford to buy their.
        Today is the first day of the rest of my life.

Comment

To qualify for Hawaiian schools--what does it mean?

Comment

You must have a certain amount of Hawaiian Blood to qualify. From what I have heard I think it is 1/2 but I am probably wrong in the amount of blood or bloodline.

Comment

You know I know Kimo on Hawaii Threads will know and probably everyone here. Good Luck in your Search

Comment

Working...
              X