My 2007 Rants

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 2007 Rants

Last December I started My 2006 Rants thread at http://www.hawaiithreads.com/showthr...976#post121976

Well my 2007 rants pretty much read the same!

Outrageous prices of gas
    Cashiers at one of my local Dunkin Donuts still cannot count back change
    Slow play (golf)

What's yours?
    Lovena

Re: My 2007 Rants

I got a biggie.

You get free air and water when you buy gasoline in California; it's the law. Here, you end up spending a buck to fill your tires !!! What an outrage !!! I could use that buck to buy . . . uh . . . partially buy sumpin.

Hawaii legislators should be making it easier for residents to save gas by keeping their tires properly filled. Hey, I suppose I could be buying gas at all the "wrong" Honolulu stations.
    Born in Hawaii, too - Truss me

Comment

Drivers in Waianae who "oogle" you at the stoplight. They look at me so hard they look like they are about to have a hardon. I don't know why, but i just want to *insert threat of violence here*

It was only yesterday i discovered i could use Kolekole pass, i could have saved all that gas money, all that time, by "cheating" Kapolei traffic. Hell, i'll do it again today! Muahhahahhwahah...muhahhahahahhwah!!!

Bloody realtors who act like an aristorcratic know it all si san ba. Ni juede wo hen ben ma? Do you think you can get away with it just because you deal in the most valuable commodity in this country? Marines are far nicer to me than you, and that says it all when your twilight hour comes.

Yi qie xiang qian kan.

Comment

Originally posted by Jack Hawksmoor View Post
        Drivers in Waianae who "oogle" you at the stoplight. They look at me so hard they look like they are about to have a hardon. I don't know why, but i just want to *insert threat of violence here*
        I've lived in Makaha for 15 years and don't think I've ever had that experience. Then, again, I might have to oogle other drivers in order to notice them oogling me! And, at my age...puhleeeeeze oogle!

Ho! The traffic yesterday along the Waianae Coast due to the water main break with resultant contraflow lane was nasty! Hopefully all your travel was via Kolekole Pass.

I have 2 2007 rants!

1. During a remodel why do workmen always lie and say they'll be on site 5 days a week then show up maybe 2 days a week? This has happened on every one of my remodels since the late 1980s. This year was no exception.

2. Management where I live in Makaha has turned the complex into an internment camp. "Stuff" is happening that I'm not free to discuss right now but...ooooooowheeeee baby...da caca is gonna fly!
        Last edited by tutusue; November 12, 2007, 10:35 AM.

Comment

The 2 guys in the compensation truck in front of me and my 2 female roommates when I was getting out of a car heavily laden with gear for my Saturday gig. They stopped to parallel park, so I got out, rather than wait for them to park, find a spot and then get out. Dudes both got out all puffed up, looking to intimidate someone. They evidently thought we were trying to steal their spot.

I said, "You're out of your mind, man. Relax. What the hell're you talking about? I'm going to work. Get in your truck and be a man."

Roomies weren't as diplomatic. One, all of 23 and 5'2", raced around to get in on it, and the other raced out in a wild, blond fury screaming, "What?! You gonna hit a girl, you a**hole?"

Once the trained killer Marine at the door, an outstanding soldier, came on the scene, things settled quickly and I went to work. What the hell is wrong with people?
          Don't be mean,
          try to help.

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
            2. Management where I live in Makaha has turned the complex into an internment camp. "Stuff" is happening that I'm not free to discuss right now...
            Are they putting canned apricots on your rice?
            But I'm disturbed! I'm depressed! I'm inadequate! I GOT IT ALL! (George Costanza)
            GrouchyTeacher.com

Comment

Originally posted by scrivener View Post
              Are they putting canned apricots on your rice?
              Worse...believe it or not!

Comment

Originally posted by EastCoastTropics View Post
                What's yours?
                Aloha and Hawaiian still not flying to-and-from Moloka'i.
                Beijing 8-08-08 to 8-24-08

Tiananmen Square 4-15-89 to 6-04-89

Comment

Working...
                X