Sick at sea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sick at sea

I heard this on the national radio news at the top of the hour just now - the NCL ship Pride of Hawaii has returned to port in Honolulu with more than 200 passengers taken ill with a Norwalk-type virus. Star Bulletin breaking news link. What an undelightful vacation for the sick ones.

Re: Sick at sea

Well here we go, I'm adding this edit: The Advertiser has this on its site now: http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/ar...806759231.html saying that there were 220 sick with Norwalk Virus, which was about 9 percent of the passengers aboard the Pride of Hawaii.

Maybe the editors were waiting for this kind of information before bringing the story to the fore.
    --end edit--

This was in The Advertiser on Saturday morning, in the back of the B section. I thought that was kinda buried, and that it could have run out front instead of one of the two wire stories that were out there. No point in second guessing...

I'm as curious as you are. Is 400 sick passengers passe now? Not newsworthy or sensational? Is the Hawaii cruise industry uninteresting? Would the Superferry welcome the focus on another ship that cruises from port to port, with permits stowed in the captain's cabin no doubt?!!
    Last edited by lavagal; November 12, 2007, 02:43 PM.
    Aloha from Lavagal

Comment

Working...
    X