HT's Photo Sharing Thread - Chapter 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: HT's Photo Sharing Thread - Chapter 3

Great stuff here. I like seeing the different cameras people are using. So right now we got the Nikons and a couple of Canons, plus my tiny Sony. Any other brands? More Nikons and Canons?

As for the Laupahoehoe pictures in question. I would say that there are probably thousands of similar pictures taken from the same location, since it is an official lookout point built by the state adjacent to Highway 19. The sad thing is that after a home was built right in front of it, the roof somewhat obscures the view.

Still great photos all.
    I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

3 more from the Big Island. First one is Pololu Beach from about half way down the trail. Second one is from the yard of a guest cottage at a small coffee plantation I stayed at just above Kealakekua Bay. Third was taken while sitting in traffic from the highway above the Keauhou area just south of Kona.

Last edited by Jim75; March 22, 2008, 10:32 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim75 View Post
        3 more from the Big Island.[...]
        Absolutely stunning shots, Jim75. Wow!

Comment

My photo skills are lame, but I know a pretty place when I see it. I did a little photo essay on my blog about my visit to the Benedictine monastery in Waialua.

You can see the rest of it right there!
          Last edited by skeeterbess; March 22, 2008, 01:38 PM. Reason: wrong link
          Bloggin my way to the big time

http://skeetsstuff.skeeterbess.com/

Comment

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
            Absolutely stunning shots, Jim75. Wow!
            As is your new avatar. Very, very cool. Hope you stick around for the holiday avatar contest! You'll be tough competition!

Comment

Originally posted by skeeterbess View Post
              My photo skills are lame, but I know a pretty place when I see it. I did a little photo essay on my blog about my visit to the Benedictine monastery in Waialua.

You can see the rest of it right there!
              Nothing lame about any of those photos, skeeterbess. They're great! That monastery looks like a beautiful place. I enjoyed the commentary on your blog, too.

Originally posted by tutusue View Post
              As is your new avatar. Very, very cool. Hope you stick around for the holiday avatar contest! You'll be tough competition!
              Thanks tutusue. I made my first avatar with a picuture of a carved warrior I bought in Lahaina from some guys who were set up right on the street. The craftsmanship is really top notch and it sits in my living room, but every time one of my posts would show up I'd think 'Hmmm . . . he may be a little too intense for an avatar'.

The process of working out the details for my transfer takes a while, but barring any unforseen problems, I should be on Oahu in April or May. The avatar contest sounds like fun and it appears HT has been having a holiday get together around Christmas too. I'm looking forward to that!

Comment

Nothing lame about any of those photos, skeeterbess. They're great! That monastery looks like a beautiful place. I enjoyed the commentary on your blog, too.
                Ah, mahalo, Jim.

I have lust in my heart looking at the photo equipment y'all have posted in this thread. I really should take a class to learn how to use the fancy stuff then go on a spending spree. I use a little Kodak Z710. I end up deleting most of my zoom pictures - the focus is almost always bad. Hmmmmm! Maybe I should learn how to actually use the functions on this camera before I consider an upgrade.

Comment

Originally posted by skeeterbess View Post
                  I end up deleting most of my zoom pictures - the focus is almost always bad. Hmmmmm! Maybe I should learn how to actually use the functions on this camera before I consider an upgrade.
                  What you may want to do is go to your camera settings and disable "Digital Zoom". Use only the optical zoom where the lens is really doing the work of zooming and not the camera which in digital zoom, is just cropping your maximum optical zoom image tighter.
                  I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Originally posted by mel View Post
                    What you may want to do is go to your camera settings and disable "Digital Zoom". Use only the optical zoom where the lens is really doing the work of zooming and not the camera which in digital zoom, is just cropping your maximum optical zoom image tighter.
                    Mahalo for that! I've reset and will try to find some time to take a few shots today. I've had this camera for about a year and not read the owner's manual yet. I really should get around to that soon, ya think?

Comment

http://www.kaumakapili.org/history.htm

Auntie Lynn
                      Be AKAMAI ~ KOKUA Hawai`i!
                      Philippians 4:13 --- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
                        Nice photo Auntie Lynn. That old church really has some history. I love the stained glass windows and ornamental woodwork in churches.

Comment

Nice photo Auntie Lynn. That old church really has some history. I love the stained glass windows and ornamental woodwork in churches.
                          It's located across Kaiulani Elementary and next to our famous Tamashiro Market.

Mahalo,

Auntie Lynn

Comment

Hotel Street, Chinatown, Honolulu, Hawaii

Comment

Originally posted by 1stwahine View Post
                              Great picture of this church. I never got around to taking one myself.... someday I will.
                              I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

The QE2 was in town yesterday. Click image to see larger version.
                                I'm still here. Are you?

Comment

Working...
                                X